The Ultimate Ford GT Key - 3rd Generation - Now available for pre-order!

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Haha, thanks for the review Terry!! Yes the new key is really trick!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, Mr. HotRod Canadian didn't even show it off.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
The first batch arrives next week - to get your keys in the first outgoing shipment, place your orders before next week

Thanks

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Instructions will be sent out at shipping time

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Looks like a great upgrade to the last key purchase! Order placed :)

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
How is the order coming along on these?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Keys arrived this week. Modification to the housing are underway. Assembly next week and shipped by the end of next week.

Andrew

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Keys complete - Shipping Monday - for those interested I Still have a few to go around... Buy online or PM for details

Thanks

Andrew

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
I will have another batch of keys ready to ship next week for any of those that have not yet purchased. For more details please PM

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
All Keys have been shipped! Any more orders - I have a number in stock!

Andrew

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Andrew, got mine yesterday. Got it cut and I coded it. Works a treat, love it! So good having a 'euro' style flick key for the GT. Matches my other cars :)

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I was able to code the remote buttons fine but after 5 attempts at coding the key to the ignition, it does not work according to the instructions. Just flashes the theft light when trying to use the new key. I'll have to find time to take the car to a stealership on a weekday and see if they can code it to the car.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hmm You may have either too many keys programmed or the self program mode has been turned off as has been discussed in the forums previously. Then the key must be programmed with the Ford Tool. Let me know if any issues. Andrew

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I was able to code the remote buttons fine but after 5 attempts at coding the key to the ignition, it does not work according to the instructions. Just flashes the theft light when trying to use the new key. I'll have to find time to take the car to a stealership on a weekday and see if they can code it to the car.

Did you def use 2 original keys for the coding? I took both mine and used them. I was also worried I might not get the timing spot on at first go, that I'd prob fumble to get the first out and second in within 5 secs. But I managed to get it to work first time. I was kind of amazed I managed to do it first attempt.

Given your number of attempts I'd say it's something to do with what Andrew suggests perhaps.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Couldn't get the auto programming to work on my car either. Tried it atleast 10 times. I have both original keys (no others exsist) and can't get it to work. Guess I will have to get it done at Ford Dealer. Really like the look of the key. Once programmed I will be very happy with it. Thanks Andrew!!!

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Couldn't get the auto programming to work on my car either. Tried it atleast 10 times. I have both original keys (no others exsist) and can't get it to work. Guess I will have to get it done at Ford Dealer. Really like the look of the key. Once programmed I will be very happy with it. Thanks Andrew!!!

Wow Shelby, if a GT dealer of your experience can't crack it, then I guess I must have fluked it for once, which is so not my luck with these kinds of things..

EDIT: I spoke too soon. The key coding itself was simple. However I went back after work today to program the remote only find after 45mins I could do everything but get the new remote to respond to coding. I was able to fix my second factory key's remote which had stopped working. I was also able to uncode and then recode the previous gen key for the GT. I even swapped out batteries in the new key- that's not easy, I don't get why when unscrewed it still doesn't want to come apart easily like German flick keys do. No avail or logic as to why the thing won't code, given what I was able to do with the other keys.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I don't think it has anything to do with me or what I am doing. I believe SOME cars just won't take a new key program this way. I have done the other keys in the past on other cars and have not had this problem. This car just won't program a key this way. Directions are simple, it just won't do it....
No biggie, and not Andrews fault. Just have to go to Ford dealer to have programmed.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I even swapped out batteries in the new key- that's not easy, I don't get why when unscrewed it still doesn't want to come apart easily like German flick keys do.

You did remove all 3 screws before trying to open?

I had mine open trying to see if the lojack transmitter would fit inside. Not easily.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
If you can program the ignition key you shouldn't have a problem coding the remote yourself. The remote control programming can be done easily.
The dealer can use only the tool to program the ignition - as the remote is always done through the ignition slot.

Please PM me if issues persist

Andrew

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
You did remove all 3 screws before trying to open?

I had mine open trying to see if the lojack transmitter would fit inside. Not easily.

Where is that third screw hiding? I couldn't see it. Might have been dimness of my garage.

If you can program the ignition key you shouldn't have a problem coding the remote yourself. The remote control programming can be done easily.
The dealer can use only the tool to program the ignition - as the remote is always done through the ignition slot.

Please PM me if issues persist

Andrew

This does seem to indicate something more is going on, given the ignition coding worked very easily. I am going to try again with a brand new battery and check the contacts on the board.