Mr. Feet,

It only gets better from here on.:thumbsup

Enjoy The Ride.

:cheers

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
I bought my GT in January 06. Already out of warranty. Where does time go? I still feel the same way I did when I first saw it sitting in the dealer's showroom. 3 1/2 years of pure joy. Congrats!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Happy....

We've got a good group of FGTs on the west side. Just had a great rally a month ago out to Pala, Mt. Palomar, Julian, Anza, Palm Dessert. KRJGT is trying to get a group together this coming Sunday at the Village Coffee Roasters car event in Van Nuys. Probably more FGTs in one Los Angeles area than just about anywhere else.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Congrats. Its exciting to take delivery of an FGT for sure! I'm excited all over again just watching someone else take delivery. Reminds of when my gal was delievered. :banana

Enjoy but be careful. They are alot of car. Don't get too over exuberant with the go pedal too soon. They will bite if not handled correctly.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Amen brutha on the color. Regarding the head knocking, I took a nice shot to the shoulder and that wised me up. I always put one hand on top of the door exiting just to remind me (and advise passengers to do the same). Where it gets me now is when cleaning the door sills or carpet etc I forget and have had close calls.

Shifter got me first day and stalled it a few times starting in 3rd, that's embarassing! I just find second now and then first is easy. First can feel like reverse so make sure when you're backing up that you're in the right gear if something is in front of you.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
My wife got so annoyed about me telling her to "watch your head" that she has forbidden me to remind her. Now, she's on her own!

Howard

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Congrats on the car and welcome to the party ! :thumbsup

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Awesome car....enjoy in good health! :cheers

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Where is your front splitter?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The bad news ;you will never get over what a babe she is .The hips the lines ,how you feel when your inside her ,how you feel when your not with her ,what its like to drive her ,and how you want to take care of her !She is the one !!The good news ;this will never change and only gets worse !!!Enjoy her every day !!! Gees I need to go for a ride !!Welcome aboard!!
(OK guys feel free to add to this )

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Congrats,
I have followed and enjoyed your post very much. Enjoy your new baby in good health. Careful driving away in 3rd instead of first. Clutch will wear prematurely. Let us know how your first drives go.

Manny

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
roketman

Wow roketman! I am breathing hard reading about her hips and lines and the feeling of being inside her! Taking her for a ride and putting her in the garage wet will be my motto for now on. Man, I need a cigarette and I don’t even smoke!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Happy Feet,

Congrats! The BEST color too! (Not that I am biased or anything!)

Let me know when you get a chance to run up the 210 to come up to Valencia! We can put her on the lift and I'll talk "GT" to you until you puke!

Please do swing by some time.... we usually have 1 or 2 extra GT's sleeping over.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don't smoke ,but an occasional cigar of quality is OK!!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Congrats "happy feet". You are the second "6' Fat Bastard" with a Tungsten GT. It is truly a great, great ride.

I've never had problems with the shifting. But I did share your hesitation to "get on it". I started out by only hearing the "wap" of the pedal hitting the floor when I was going completely straight. You'll get used to feeling the rear end slide a little. But I've still got a huge amount of respect for the power in that beautiful babe. And if you don't - you'll wrap it around a tree - unless you're a damn good driver or damn lucky.

Enjoy and cherish!

H

HHGT

Hey Happy Feet,

Congrats! The BEST color too! (Not that I am biased or anything!)

Let me know when you get a chance to run up the 210 to come up to Valencia! We can put her on the lift and I'll talk "GT" to you until you puke!

Please do swing by some time.... we usually have 1 or 2 extra GT's sleeping over.

Make sure to take Donuts.. Kendall loves Donuts....

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Yum Donuts and GT's there is a god! When I get back I setup a time to hookup with you!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Happy Feet I sure love that huge smile on your mug in those pics! :thumbsup

You will find that the tranny can be difficult until brought up near operating temps...Slow and deliberate shifts (particularly first to second) will be the way to go when cold.
I look forward to meeting you and your new love later this summer. :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Grind.

You will find that the tranny can be difficult until brought up near operating temps...Slow and deliberate shifts (particularly first to second) will be the way to go when cold.

Happy,

Most Ford GT owners avoid 2nd gear for the first 3 to 4 minutes after startup. The majority of Ford GTs will grind when shifting from first to second until the transmission gets up to operating temperature. There is nothing wrong with the transmission, the 2nd gear grind when cold is just an odd characteristic. It's best to avoid that and the car has plenty of torque so shifting from first to third even at low RPMs is fine.

AND....

Pay attention to your fellow owners admonitions regarding hard acceleration in a turn. The FGT is arguably the most satisfying supercar to own, admire, and drive. But unlike most other modern supercars, the Ford GT has no electronic nannies other than antilock brakes. No traction control, no stability control, no launch control. It's all up to you. Several members of this Forum with many miles and years of experience in this car have gotten a little too aggressive on a cold day (which turns our F1 Goodyear Supercar tires into hard plastic) and found out the hard way how quickly 600 plus horsepower in a mid-engine car can get away from you. A startling number of these rare and beautiful cars have been totaled (several hundred). Don't let yours be one of them. Enjoy your ride, stay involved in the Forum, and be safe. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Congrats on a beautiful car! :thumbsup