The Eagle has landed!

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Ok First things first I am a fat bastard in a small car! 6 foot and 300 pounds of love can fit in a ford GT. Second where the hell is first? Wow first gear is hard to find in this beast. Number Three: I was warned by nine different people on this forum to watch your head. Ouch, how about the bridge of your nose at the gas station real smooth.

The good, I am in love with her lines, they are outstanding the power is there, but I am declining to try her power until I feel comfortable driving her at normal speeds.

Sorry went out to the garage again to look at her, man is she clean! I got a bad feeling I will not be productive for a least a month at work.

Happy

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1965.jpg
    IMG_1965.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2014.jpg
    IMG_2014.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 373
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 371
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 370

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
congrats on getting the car

and beautiful house

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
Thank you, I want to go drive her but its late :(

nopiston

May 26, 2009
Houston, TX
Congratulations, my friend!! I can't wait to hear the stories! The car is beautiful!

-Randy

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Awesome pictures! The bump on the head (or in your case nose) will go away, but I guarantee that smile will last for YEARS! :biggrin

Congrats!!! :cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
With a forum name like Happy Feet, I expected to see a photo of you up in the air clicking your heals together when the car arrived. Since you wont be working anyway, lets try again tomorrow. :lol

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats. You look like a VERY happy man. And wow dude, dayum fine looking garage and attached house you got there for your new babe!!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Fantastic moment!

Congratulations.....

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Congrats. I think lots of us share in your enthusiasm for your new friend. I've had a GT for 2 years, and as recently as last night, my wife still is most enthusiastic about taking her out with me about town. Tungsten is great. Now that you have the car, the fun begins. I would recommend getting to know her handling capabilities well before letting her rip at full throttle

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Congrats! If the car is stock, be careful. If the car has had any mods done to boost hp, be VERY careful. You've gotta get used to these gals!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Instead of holding on to the shifter to put it in first just try to swing your hand in to it to push it over then push forward.I've found this works well when the trans is cold.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Happy Feet,

The day you get your Ford GT - Life is Good. Every day you look at your GT let alone drive it - Life Stays Good. ENJOY!

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916 - White w Blue Stripes

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Lookin good, congrats:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Drive it like ya stole it!!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats on the car.........and the perfect color choice!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

:cheers

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
We all know deep down in our souls that Tungsten is the best color, the 40th anniversary color, looks the best after a long drive, and reflects the sunlight the best of any FGT color pattern. Congratulations on a great choice.

Tungsten owners unite!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
The advice I first got years ago when I bought my first GT was:
-don't punch it with cold tires
-don't punch it unless the wheel is straight
Other than that - have fun.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Congrats!! I like your choice of color!
We all have lumps on our heads and my wife is now two inches shorter from comming up under the door. I am sure you will have a few third gear starts like the rest of us(mostly when cold).
Lastly, be careful if you drive it when it is under 50 degrees. The tires have no traction when cold.
That said, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Congrats on the car.........and the perfect color choice!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup

:cheers

We all know deep down in our souls that Tungsten is the best color, the 40th anniversary color, looks the best after a long drive, and reflects the sunlight the best of any FGT color pattern.

Oh, puhleeeeeeeze... TRUE color connoisseurs all agree Midnight Blue is THEE best color on a GT - AND that 'blue is even BETTER when adorned with white stripes! Not only that, it's been scientifically proven that, from the factory, blue/whites were the FASTEST GT's.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Congrats - unfortunately you bought one of the slowest colors.......anyway - enjoy!!