Thanks Shadowman & lthlvpr !!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
That is one sweet looking pipe! I'd love to hear it as well.

Manny

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Manny

Manny- I ordered a Heffner pipe. Should be here and in my car next week. I'll keep you posted so we can meet and you can hear it.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Manny
Hey Manny, we'll have to get together and go for a cruise or hit the Tower Shops some Friday night. We could probably get FL Chris to come along if he can decide which GT to Drive ?:rofl

Aug 25, 2006
Manny- I ordered a Heffner pipe. Should be here and in my car next week. I'll keep you posted so we can meet and you can hear it.

Boys and their toys....... I suspect that it will be "VERY" nice

Shadowman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Hey I wonder how those lucky guys that have more than one gt choose? Do they secretly have a favorite?

Life is full of tough choices.

Manny

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Hey Manny, we'll have to get together and go for a cruise or hit the Tower Shops some Friday night. We could probably get FL Chris to come along if he can decide which GT to Drive ?:rofl

That would be cool- is it the last Fri. of every month? SuperB and I went there some time back-- we were the hit of the show.

Manny

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
That would be cool- is it the last Fri. of every month? SuperB and I went there some time back-- we were the hit of the show.

Manny

The event is every Friday of every month. The first Friday of the month the VCA Club (Viper guys) all show up. Ford guys seem to be there every Friday...no organized club event. Any time a GT shows it always has the biggest crowd around it. Might be fun to pick a date and get the SFL GTs all together. More than two or three would probably make the local papers. :biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
How about next Friday? Or the one after?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How about next Friday? Or the one after?

Boy, we've really hijacked this thread. Maybe we should start a new one in the owner's club section? I am out of town the next two weekends. :frown

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
While you guys were here I was at the Tower shops. :biggrin It's every Friday 6 - 10pm. Like Chris said the GT's draw a crowd , it's fun to talk to most of the people cause the're car guys and gals..

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Boy, we've really hijacked this thread. Maybe we should start a new one in the owner's club section? I am out of town the next two weekends. :frown

I plead the 5th.

Sorry guys...

Aug 25, 2006
I think that it is comical how this thread moved different directions however in the end it was started because of another successful exhaust modification and throughout the thread the basic theme remained.

It appears to me that a large percentage of folks have taken and or are about to take the cat back conversion plunge and with the selection of cool pieces available I do not think that anyone will be disappointed.

Now if the basic premise of this thread were to be revisited it would be done so by me sharing that the conversion can be done with basic hand tools, with your gal on the floor, and with proper preparation and enough blankets by one person without removing the clamshell and no risk of damage to your gal.

Takes care

Shadowman

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I have one thing to add to the instuctions. When you push the muffler up you may need to pull down on the cats enough to lower them 1-2mm. This will allow the studs to clear and move to the front of the car.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have one thing to add to the instuctions. When you push the muffler up you may need to pull down on the cats enough to lower them 1-2mm. This will allow the studs to clear and move to the front of the car.
I agree....

Aug 25, 2006

Now that you mention it I seem to recall this exercise as well however it was a painless process.

Thank you for adding to the process.

Very cool

Shadowman

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Watch out for warping of your vents on the clam shell. Seems like several people I know who had placed the Accufab muffler and the cross pipe have had a heat issue near the vents on the clamshell causing some warping.

Striaght through Ford Racing pipes are much lower and heat dissipates easier. Good luck.

Aug 25, 2006
Watch out for warping of your vents on the clam shell. Seems like several people I know who had placed the Accufab muffler and the cross pipe have had a heat issue near the vents on the clamshell causing some warping.

Striaght through Ford Racing pipes are much lower and heat dissipates easier. Good luck.

I thought that the vent warping issue was noticed early on the gals with the OEM muffler? Regardless I elected to wrap my AccuFab exhaust as such feel that this concern has been eliminated.

Takes care

Shadowman

DWP

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Southern CA and Utah
I agree that it is fairly painless to do the install but I did have to lower the tranny. There was no way that it was coming out without lowering the transmission or removing the clamshell. All said it was fairly easy but I did have one helper with me. It is odd how some will come out without lowering the transmission and others will not.

Dave

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I agree that it is fairly painless to do the install but I did have to lower the tranny. There was no way that it was coming out without lowering the transmission or removing the clamshell. All said it was fairly easy but I did have one helper with me. It is odd how some will come out without lowering the transmission and others will not.

Dave
There may be a small trick that people may be missing. It's important to push down the shifter arm and move it forward as outlined in the instructions. DWP , I'm not implying you didn't try this but it gains you some valuable space

Aug 25, 2006
There may be a small trick that people may be missing. It's important to push down the shifter arm and move it forward as outlined in the instructions. DWP , I'm not implying you didn't try this but it gains you some valuable space

Great point

I found that I needed all the space that was there an yet removing the OEM muffler with the clamshell in place was not an issue for me. I did "not" lower the transaxle.

Now having stated this; I remember that at one time someone mentioned that a couple different mufflers were used or at the very least the external size of them seemed to vary a little.

All the best

Shadowman