Texas Mile - March, 2007 - Anyone Going?

Mar 15, 2006
Can somone PM the details on this event? I would love to go!!!

www.TexasMile.com

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK - I’m In

Yep, am planning on running.

Who is going to go?

When are you are planning on showing up?

I live about 150 miles away from Goliad, so I can get there just about any time Friday night or Saturday morning.

How about a mini GT get together?

Dinner, breakfast, lunch or what ever.

If anyone needs help in setting up lodging, let me know.

See You There.

Fred

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hi Fred, I already reserved a room at the official hotel posted on the website. I believe it's a Best Western? I'm only able to drive down Saturday so my runs will have to be made on Sunday and then I drive home on Monday. It's 385 miles for me so I can't get there in time to run on Saturday.

Should be a blast. See you there.

Keith

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Requirements for Street Unlimited:

1. You must fill out a high-speed driving experience form, submit it to the Texas Mile and gain approval to enter in an unlimited class.

2. You must submit a safety equipment check-list to the Texas Mile (with the experience form) and gain approval to enter in an unlimited class.

3. ROLL BAR/CAGE: Some exceptions might be made for factory roll protection and/or 4 point roll hoop based on car manufacturer, experience of driver, projected top speed and special waivers signed. Mostly a 6 point roll cage will be required and must meet drag racing specifications or road racing specifications as outlined in the NASA CCR.

4. DRIVER RESTRAINT SYSTEM - as described in NASA CCR for harnesses and arm restraints.

5. Tires - treaded DOT tires rated for high speeds (example: ZR rating)

6. DRIVER ATTIRE: Suit, Gloves, Shoes, Helmet, etc. See the driver attire link for more details.

and

This class is for street legal vehicles including trucks. Drivers choose a class based on car manufacturer and car modifications. We are using a modified version of the National Auto Sport Association Time Trial Rules to create The TEXAS MILE SPEED TRIAL CLASSIFICATIONS. The safety tech requirements are basic, common sense regulations and are found outlined on this page and in a link.

You MUST verify your correct classification and send us an e-mail with a cut-paste copy of the online classifier results. Please go to the online calculator (http://nasa-tt.com/TT_Classer) to determine your proper class. IMPORTANT RULE FOR TEXAS MILE PARTICIPANTS: When using the classifier, you do not have to add points for the follwoing items, so please do not check any of the components in the online classifier for:

STEP 1 of 6: Tires:
1. Tire Width Question

Step 4 of 6: SUSPENSION/BRAKES/CHASSIS

1. Any monotube, gas-charged shocks with aluminum body construction, removable body caps, a replacement shaft, or adjustment of any nature (preload or bleed) through the shaft; or, any shocks with an external reservoir or more than two ranges of adjustment. Also, any shocks/Coilovers with a retail price of greater than $750 each. (springs and perches are free)
2. Non-OEM adjustable shocks/struts with threaded strut body "coilover conversion" for spring perch height adjustment +7 (springs and perches are free)
3. Non-OEM, non-adjustable shocks/struts with threaded strut body "coilover conversion" for spring perch height adjustment (springs and perches are free)
4. Non-OEM brake pads
5. Non-OEM brake rotors (includes slotted, dimpled, cross-drilled, and cryo-treated rotors)
6. Non-OEM brake calipers

Step 6 of 6: ROLL BARS/CAGES
Skip this section for added points; Do not check anything here

and when you were hoping there weren't anymore then you find out there is....

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hey Fred and Texas GT I'll be going also. I'll sign up once I get a spare minute or two. Fred when do you want to go? I could meet you at your office and we could leave from there.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
My plans are to attend as well. I'll be heading down there on Friday and leaving on Sunday.

btw... I'll need to sort through all the rules and requirements... what classes are our cars eliglble to run in?

mardyn

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006
Here is a handy gadget to record your 0-60, 100, 130, 150, 200, etc. as well as 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile ET and speed:

www.Driftbox.com

I have about 15 of these in stock. Cost is $550 plus shipping.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I may fly in for this event. Is everyone staying at the host hotel?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Well, I'm out... I'm having a wisdom tooth extracted on the 22nd.

Maybe next time.

mardyn

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here is a handy gadget to record your 0-60, 100, 130, 150, 200, etc. as well as 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile ET and speed:

www.Driftbox.com

I have about 15 of these in stock. Cost is $550 plus shipping.

I bought one from Hennessey. Great tool/toy. If you get one and cannot get it to calibrate the crosshairs, Go to the setup, alignment screen with your driftbox positioned where you want and hold the reset bottom for about 3 seconds. That will to a auto align vs. moving the box to get into alignment. That trick is not in the manual.

I was driving with the driftbox and getting on the freeway onramp and pulled 1g and drifted 25 degrees. I though I was driving conservatively. My wife was in the car and disagreed. I guess the driftbox agrees with my wife. In looking at the graph as the drift angle got close to 25 degrees I lifted the throttle briefly and then went back on the power. I was acceleration out of a corner and I guess I fed in to much throttle! If I drove a little more quickly combined with my limited abilities and I maybe I would be on the wrecked exotics page!

The Driftbox also exports the data that you can import in Google Maps and then you can see where you drove from the aerial view. Neat!

Attachments

• Driftbox graph.jpg
    Driftbox graph.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
ok i am definately going...

ROLLCAGE AND ALL

JOE

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's what I heard there Mr Piko...

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Piko6, have you checked with the Texas Mile people to make sure your cage will satisfy them? You don't want to go through all the trouble of going there and then have them turn you down. I spoke with them and they seemed a little uncertain. Good luck, and let the fun begin.

Blackice, could you do a run and see what acceleration G's your getting. Also, what kind of rear tires are you running? I have heard with street tires(not drag slicks) the most you can get is around .7.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'll be there! Flying in for a customer meeting on the 23rd (no GT:frown ). Have a hacienda reserved in San Antonio if anybody needs a room.....
:banana :party :banana

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
check ths link out. a turbocharged hayabusa has gone 251 mph at the texas mile in goliad. the same bike went 260 mph at the maxton mile. :eek http://www.mrturbo.com/news/yancy.html

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
...... but at Maxton you can't go over 140 without a rollcage?

190 at Goliad?

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
check ths link out. a turbocharged hayabusa has gone 251 mph at the texas mile in goliad. the same bike went 260 mph at the maxton mile. :eek http://www.mrturbo.com/news/yancy.html

That should be your next toy.

Mar 15, 2006
...... but at Maxton you can't go over 140 without a rollcage?

190 at Goliad?

not sure about Maxton, but yes, you can go up to 190 mph at Texas Mile without a rollbar or rollcage.

Mar 15, 2006
ok i am definately going...

ROLLCAGE AND ALL

JOE

Joe, it will be great to see your car run down the mile. 1000++ rw hp should turn a big number. see you there.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
John, Are you taking that beautiful Comp Coupe to run? What kind of speed are you shooting for?

Good luck to both John and Joe,
Nate