Texas Mile - March, 2007 - Anyone Going?

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Oh come on Jerry call in sick and get your ass down to Austin for the day!!! Come on give in to peer presure :)

Matt

:cheers :cheers

I will see what I can do :thumbsup

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
There's the spirit Jerry :)

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Looks like the Best Western as of yesterday is booked.....

Anyone know of accomidations near Goliad ??????????

TIA,

Jerry...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hopefully all of the fun doesn't rain out. Austin weather is 40-50% rain on Friday so far. I'll pot up weather updates either way on both this thread and the Austin Cobra party thread.

Mar 15, 2006
If We Get A Shower It Wont Last Long And The Runway Would Dry Quickly. I Am Confident We Will Get Plenty Of Runs Over The 2 Days. Dont Let The Weather Worry You On This Event!

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
If We Get A Shower It Wont Last Long And The Runway Would Dry Quickly. I Am Confident We Will Get Plenty Of Runs Over The 2 Days. Dont Let The Weather Worry You On This Event!

Hope this hold's true John...

What day or day's will you be there??

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Looks like the Best Western as of yesterday is booked.....

Anyone know of accomidations near Goliad ??????????

TIA,

Jerry...

Beeville and Victoria are fairly close, they should have lodging.

Mar 15, 2006
Hope this hold's true John...

What day or day's will you be there??

WE WILL BE THERE FOR BOTH DAYS. ARE YOU DRIVING OR TRAILERING? IF YOU DRIVE DOWN WE WILL SAVE YOU A SPACE IN OUR PIT AREA.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
WE WILL BE THERE FOR BOTH DAYS. ARE YOU DRIVING OR TRAILERING? IF YOU DRIVE DOWN WE WILL SAVE YOU A SPACE IN OUR PIT AREA.

John, is parking a problem? I won't be able to get there until late Saturday and won't be able to run until Sunday. Surely there will be plenty of room. Will there be space left?
Keith

Mar 15, 2006
John, is parking a problem? I won't be able to get there until late Saturday and won't be able to run until Sunday. Surely there will be plenty of room. Will there be space left?
Keith

there is a ton of room!

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas

Driving down John....

Please save me a spot!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Much!!!!!

Jerry... :thumbsup

Mar 15, 2006
Driving down John....

Please save me a spot!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Much!!!!!

Jerry... :thumbsup

you got it Jerry. i will also have some torco accelerator for increased octane if that helps you out.

Mar 15, 2006
Also, a GT owner who would like to remain annonymous, will be sponsoring the dinner (for the whole event) on saturday evening. he is a class guy and is another example of the what nice people GT owners are.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Heard the Hennessey Comp Coupe went 217mph today :thumbsup

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Any GT numbers from down there yet?

I'd love to hear somebody ran 200+....

mardyn

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't think anybody went with a cage and they won't let you go over 190 sans cage. I think Ripper will probably have done 190.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i would be interested to know what the stock GT's and the mildly modified GT's ran? i am guessing that the GT's with just a pulley and a tune would be pretty close to 190 mph :shrug

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
In the motor trend shootout the Accufab GT went 194.62mph with 640rwhp. I think I've seen a couple stock GT runs in the 175mph range.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
My guess would be 185ish with pulley & tune.

I'd bet 200 would be in the realm of possibilty with a Whipple and some large gonads.:wink

mardyn

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
My guess would be 185ish with pulley & tune.

I'd bet 200 would be in the realm of possibilty with a Whipple and some large gonads.:wink

mardyn

thats what i plan on doin one of these days. but b4 that i gonna hook up a 100 shot of nitrous to my viper and go for 190 mph at goliad.