Texas Mile - March, 2007 - Anyone Going?

Mar 15, 2006
We ran 185.5 mph in the standing mile last year there with a pretty good head wind. They changed the rules this year to allow you to run up to 190 mph without having a rollbar/cage. This event would be a lot of fun for GT owners wanting to stretch their legs and hit some big speeds in a controlled environment.

We will be there with a car that we think will top 225 mph in the standing mile. Sorry, its not a GT, at least this time out....

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
lay out some details or a website we can check out... I'm probably game if it's close.

mardyn

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm looking at it real hard but the website is not very clear on classes and safety requirements. I'll have to call them to get clear answers so I show up ready to run.

Anybody else going?

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
what car are bringing that will go 225?

cashman

Sep 26, 2006
Viper comp coupe with a big turbo motor, i believe.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The fastest speed I know of is Hennsesy's tt at 217 or 218, is the other car faster?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
yea, I'm still interested in going, as Keith said, their website is not really clear on where we'd fit in... also the NASA site is being updated (for the last few weeks) so it's not much help either, I'm just a bit it confused about the whole deal.

Looks like it's about a 7-8 hour drive for me... Not sure if I'd drive the GT or trailer it over there... what's everybody else do?

mardyn

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'm thinking about doing it. I'm putting my first mod on this weekend. Accufab exhaust. Spirit told me it was quiet as a mouse.:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm thinking about doing it. I'm putting my first mod on this weekend. Accufab exhaust. Spirit told me it was quiet as a mouse.:biggrin

Your gonna love it.:thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
how far is goliad, texas from san antonio?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
how far is goliad, texas from san antonio?

Just a hop, skip and a jump! www.mapquest.com

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i will definately try to go .. i have been looking and waiting to get the opportunity to go to something like this... AWESOME...

thanks for the info...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
i will definately try to go .. i have been looking and waiting to get the opportunity to go to something like this... AWESOME...

thanks for the info...

You should see if they will pay you appeaance money. You will rip their existing record a new one.

Let me know when you can firm up your plans. I'll sign up that day. Maybe you can put 50-65 mph over my near stock ride.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
that roll cage requirement would be a bummer ,,,, i wonder how henessy did it since he ran a convertible viper...

anybody know 1 mile races withou a rollcage requirement????

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Joe PM sent!

IwantaGT

Apr 5, 2006
Texas
there's a group from the SVT Cobra Mustang Club going....lots of high horsepower '03-04 Cobras and maybe one GT as well. I hope to go to shoot some pictures if I can.:cheers

Mar 15, 2006
that roll cage requirement would be a bummer ,,,, i wonder how henessy did it since he ran a convertible viper...

Texas Mile will let you run up to 190 mph without a cage. We ran 210 and 218 mph in the mile at a couple of magazine tests which did not have any safety equipment requirements.

this is a great event for any GT owner to come out and run some fast speeds in a controlled environment.

John Hennessey
www.HennesseyPerformance.com
713-466-3420

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
thank you john

i will be there

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Can somone PM the details on this event? I would love to go!!!

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand

PIKO 6
If you need a bolt in cage give Steve Millen at STILLEN in CA a call he has a bolt in moly cage in his GT and is going to sell them if your interested.
Just a thought
My own rollcage for the GT would be to much for a street car???
:cheers Neil
PS Steve was in New Zealand last weekend with his GT at the A1GP he may not be back in CA yet

Last edited: