Tesla Roadster

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
SuperB,

I haven't seen you on the Tesla owner's site in a while. Do you look there? There are several threads about the radio and AC. There's also a thread of "bugs" people have noticed. If you haven't read them yet, it's probably worth a few minutes of your time. Did you get the upgraded stereo or standard?
If the car gets real hot from sitting in the sun..the A/C takes a awhile to cool the cabin down. However, once cool the A/C is good..better than my Lotus for sure.
The radio ..is pretty good. When the hardtop is on it is much better sound...
Maybe it is the sweet exhaust note that is drowning out the music..oh,that's the GT..sorry! :wink

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Come on down ..I will toss you the keys!:thumbsup
Of course in exchange for driving one of your works of art!
:biggrin

Done Deal !

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Mark, I find the teslamotors.com forum difficult and not that usefull. I do visit it at least once a week, but I guess I need to dig around a bit more to look for that info, thanks.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Stewart, does your AC blow COLD air or cool air.
Mine blows cool, certainly not COLD.

I don't think mine works properly, on a hot day the cabin does not cool off at all.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
tmcphail, come down south and I'll give you a ride anytime.
I plan to have my Tesla at Rally IV If you make it.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
tmcphail, come down south and I'll give you a ride anytime.
I plan to have my Tesla at Rally IV If you make it.

Thanks for the offer, and I'll be in tejas for RIV

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Agreed -teslamotors.com owners forum is mediocre "at best"
I will check my A/C this weekend and let you know on the cold vs cool question...I dont get to the car often..But you motivated me to take her off the rack and give her a run!:banana

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Took out my GT yesterday after driving the Tesla for a few weeks.
No comparison at all, the GT ROCKS.

GT vs Tesla I'd go for the GT for sure!

Tesla vs Smart car(yes, my wife has one) Tesla wins. :banana

If you're considering a Tesla, get it, you'll love it, but it's no replacement at all, in any way/shape/form for a GT

I love the smell of electricity in the morning :ack

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Agreed..two entirely different vehicles.In fact Tesla is different than any other vehicle..by the way
For those that may have questioned servicing the Tesla..they make house calls
Until there store/service network is completed, they come to you.I called last week for a concern with the seat rail and they flew out & replaced the rail...
Not the most cost efficient way to run an operation but clearly they are commited to servicing their roadster clients..:thumbsup

Edit/Delete Message

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
So honestly what do you guys think?

Future of the car?

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So honestly what do you guys think?

Future of the car?

Are you asking if we think Tesla will succeed? Who knows for sure. I know that Elon Musk doesn't lose, which is why I'm betting on them.

SuperB,
Any chance you can work your html magic on the Tesla or Tesla Motors Club web sites? Neither one is as good as this place.

3-4 weeks until I get mine! :banana:banana Just in time for summer fun. :driving:

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Frankly, I don't think Tesla will make it as a company. They are just as tight lipped and in the dark as GM, Ford and Chrysler. This is not something a start up can be. They seem to think customers will just come running to them and, just like the other companies, they think there is an endless supply of new customers.

The roadster is a great car, but absolutely not something practical and for the masses. I really enjoy mine, don't get me wrong, and I recommend it to a car guy for the fun and uniqueness of it. But only to those that can truly afford it.

Nothing I have read or heard leads me to believe that the model S will be any more of a daily driver or that the current issues will get resolved in the model S. The model S is supposed to be a daily driver, something that a family can depend on day in and day out. I did not and probably won't order a model S and I know of other Roadster owners that feel the same as I do. If your current customers won't by your new products, you have a problem.

I hope they do make it, but they need to work harder to make current owners happy and resolve issues. Be forthcoming with information rather then letting rumors take hold.

Right now Tesla is a novelty, if they don't get serious, they will be gone when the novelty wears off.

Either way, I have one and plan to keep it. If Tesla fails, maybe it will be worth something some day.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Mark, I didn't write any of this site, just the Registry.
I agree Tesla's site is a piece of $#@%. They went for slick rather than functional.

You have a Tesla on the way? Great! You'll love it. Be sure your home charger is ready to go before it gets there, or you'll be sorry. :wink