Takata airbag recall

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Everyone is singing and dancing around the subject and no one is owning up to it as they're supposed to, what about the people that lost their lives due to this screw up, and why aren't Takata CEOs and engineers responsible for this behind bars ? What a sad, sad state of affairs.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm the original owner of 2005 #0421. No recall notice for my car on the Ford website.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Perhaps will replace the steering wheel airbag and delaminated emblem :)

Hopefully no one is injured in a GT because of their airbag.

If we do get improved steering wheel emblems as a result, I would consider that a nice bonus.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Everyone is singing and dancing around the subject and no one is owning up to it as they're supposed to, what about the people that lost their lives due to this screw up, and why aren't Takata CEOs and engineers responsible for this behind bars...

What about the courts allowing confidential settlements re: 'airbags?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If we do get improved steering wheel emblems as a result, I would consider that a nice bonus.

+1. The Ed Sims variant.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Are they going to replace both airbags or just the driver's side? I think they have to replace both, which as someone already mentioned means tearing into the dashboard. yay...

I don't believe the "bags" will be replaced ... just the "canister" that contains the propellant. It seems that Takata, or its canister supplier if a sourced part, may have overloaded some of these with propellant, resulting in a more violent gas release. Instead of a controlled bag inflation, this higher pressure ruptues the metal canister which produces metal shards that rip through the bag and do damage to the occupants.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I don't believe the "bags" will be replaced ... just the "canister" that contains the propellant. It seems that Takata, or its canister supplier if a sourced part, may have overloaded some of these with propellant, resulting in a more violent gas release. Instead of a controlled bag inflation, this higher pressure ruptues the metal canister which produces metal shards that rip through the bag and do damage to the occupants.

The dealers will not disassemble the air bag device itself. The propellant canister is inside. They MAY remove the and have Takata replace the canister on an exchange basis but the dealers will not do this. For them, its R&R the air bag assembly. Send the faulty one where you will.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
For those of you running around with your hair on fire over the Takata/GT airbag calamity, I am offering a unique GT safety accessory to alleviate your anxiety.

image.jpg

$49.99. Free S&H ($10 for Xcentric)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
For those of you running around with your hair on fire over the Takata/GT airbag calamity, I am offering a unique GT safety accessory to alleviate your anxiety.

View attachment 35957

Do you have the rest of the part number - I could only read "4G7Z-68__-B_". Please fill in the blanks. :lol

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
What about the courts allowing confidential settlements re: 'airbags?

Lawyers and judges allowing this racket to go on should be locked up as well.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

View attachment 35957

Xcentric, Could you order 2 for me at your discounted rate? Need one for me and my passenger.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
This is about as nutso as Ebola panic. Of all the things to worry about, air bags don't make the list.

Come to Florida, where I am considered young. I'll show you things to worry about.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
This is still not as nutso as that missing plane

Everynight 8 blond-talking head-bimbos-Anchors on CNN with nipples, cleavage, lip-gloss, and hair-extensions saying "Breaking" a beverage cart expert thinks its on beach in Maui....lets cut to a live shot

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
You should check out the blond-talking head-bimbos-Anchors on Fox, much better looking than the one on CNN, how did we get off subject :facepalm:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Received my recall notice from Ford today titled: Safety Recall Notice 14B04 / NHTSA Recall 14V-343. It listed only my VIN.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You should check out the blond-talking head-bimbos-Anchors on Fox, much better looking than the one on CNN, how did we get off subject :facepalm:

I tried switching; all I saw were Cougars.

I draw the line on Blondes, must good looking, unlike Ferrari 458s.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
If I am the 2nd owner does that mean I will not get the notice?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
If I am the 2nd owner does that mean I will not get the notice?

You would have to first ask yourself - "Am I in a Ford database of FGT owners?"

Last edited:

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
You would have to first ask yourself - "Do they know I exist? Do they know I have an FGT? Am I in a Ford database of FGT owners?"

I called Ford's Customer Service and gave them my contact info and VIN number so they now recognize me as the registered owner. See my previous post (#49).

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I am the second owner of my GT and yesterday I just received the same recall notice as TO AWSUM. Under the 14B04/ NHTSA Recall 14V-343 it lists my car "2005 GT" and then my VIN # Says the Ford dealer will "replace the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator free of charge (parts and labor)" Says it takes less than one half day. Don't know which Ford dealer around here I would trust to do the work. I'll have to do some research. I know one thing, I'm going to stay with my car. Says to call your dealer without delay.