Superformance or Race Car Replicas GT40

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have an SPF Gulf GT40 with a Roush 427SR with only about 1000 miles on it if anyone is interested. I love it but I've got something else I want to build so I need to free up some money/garage space. Its a LHD, Gurney bubble, RBT ZF, 1075 sticker kit, spare set of 17" original style wheels with brand new hoosier tires on em'. built and sorted by Olthoff. have a copy of the original MSO, and the receipt from Olthoff and Roush.

just in case anyone is interested

Is it registered in CA under SB100?

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Is it registered in CA under SB100?

no.....I haven't even registered it yet because I'm in the process of changing over my license from NY. And since I'm probably going to sell it I'm not sure I want to go through the process. I had a temporary tag which allowed me to drive it and break the motor and tranny in.....which I did exactly to Roush's recommendation . I did dyno tune the car recently. We got 433 RWHP. at 2600 ft. above sea level. (its in Nevada). Pretty nice in a 2400 lb car. The torque curve was nice and smooth also....can't remember the number at the moment but was in the low 400's.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gordo,
If you need a really ,really fun traveling companion and or co driver. I am available .Will race for food ! Can also cook !!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Read the Superformance will introduce a new R model that has already been approved by HSR and Olthoff will make track ready.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Gordo,
If you need a really ,really fun traveling companion and or co driver. I am available .Will race for food ! Can also cook !!!

Darn :confused - I should have invited you!!! Maybe next time? Great car scene here. One guy just built a new 997 twin turbo GT2-R - something like 700 bhp.

PM your address and I'll send you a CD with pix when I get back next week.

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Anyone have any experience with either car? I'm considering a Mk1 ('69 iteration) with sill mounted ZF RHD, not center mounted, for track-day type stuff, etc.
Just want any opinions on value, quality, workmanship, etc.

djs

If you definitely desire a GT 40 replicar, so be it. If you still have an open mind and are not adverse to a car designed for Chevie Power, suggest you check out the Ultima at www.ultimasports.co.uk. After doing the research, I believe you will conclude, with its proven records, that the Ultima is far better suited for track use. Also very good looking. If interested in futher details feel free to contact me by email.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
djs

If you definitely desire a GT 40 replicar, so be it. If you still have an open mind

djs -

There are lots of cars out there that will be easier to get proficient at - with out a lot of the effort you will put into the GT-40. I have a GT-40 recreation and have tracked it briefly. Fun but slow for the effort expended. If you're new to this - it's even harder. PM me if you want to few suggestions.