Sunday drive gone wrong

Speed Thrills

GT Owner
Jan 8, 2007
I was just told as well that part of the certification process when my car is delivered this week to the dealership, is the updated parts for this problem.

I can't wait!!!

I little worried here. I just bought a GT and live close to Galpin. Should the car be taken in to have this fixed before I have a problem?

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I little worried here. I just bought a GT and live close to Galpin. Should the car be taken in to have this fixed before I have a problem?

Yes. absolutely.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Am I correct that the seals, seal the output shaft to the transaxle case? If so what is the TSB for that suggest that a tech put rtv sealant on the splines of the output shaft before bolting on the output flange? The splines should never have oil on anyway. They are on the outside of the seals.

BlackICE
TSB 06-23-08 covers the sealing process but does not show the seal. The can be seen in Section 308-03-1 of the Tech manual. Both are posted on one of these threads if you can find it..

H

HHGT

Who at Gaplin service do you ask for?

Speed Thrills

GT Owner
Jan 8, 2007
Yes. absolutely.

I assume this is a covered service. Is there a proper name of this service that I should ask for and or someone special you can recommend talking to?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I assume this is a covered service. Is there a proper name of this service that I should ask for and or someone special you can recommend talking to?

Assume?

Yes, it is the Ben Franklin service........

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Who at Gaplin service do you ask for?

Talk to Johhny at galpin ford service. They know about the issue. They are the only dealer in the la area equiped to do work on the gt. Take care if you go anywhere else, even with oil changes.

Speed Thrills

GT Owner
Jan 8, 2007
Talk to Johhny at galpin ford service. They know about the issue. They are the only dealer in the la area equiped to do work on the gt. Take care if you go anywhere else, even with oil changes.

I talked to Johny and he said he has seen that happen on 5 cars so far and said it's covered if it does happen but would have to happen to be fixed. He also said from what he has seen come in and from service reports it is very rare.

I'll keep a good charge on my cell phone and make sure my AAA is up to date.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
You don't need AAA with a GT. Just call Ford Roadside Assistance. They will arrange for a flat bed to come collect the car if you're bitten by the Ricardo problem. Then Ford will fix it under warranty ... IF they have the parts!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm here! (Dons cape and mask.....)

Let me draft a letter to Ricardo UK - I'll post it here - suggesting a meeting and dialogue on this issue.

Has anyone at Ford US offered any meaningful explanation of this issue or, has anyone named a name at Ricardo?

Does anyone here have their old (silver) washers if they're needed for a detailed examination by Ricardo?

Thanks

Neil

I have mine with the bolts. The bolts were "really tough to break" upon removal suggesting they were over-torqued. The washers are cupped. Let me know what you need and when you need it, Neil:cheers

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I talked to Johny and he said he has seen that happen on 5 cars so far and said it's covered if it does happen but would have to happen to be fixed. He also said from what he has seen come in and from service reports it is very rare.

I'll keep a good charge on my cell phone and make sure my AAA is up to date.

In that case, don't worry and enjoy the ride. Anyways, when your driving the gt, you won't have time to think about it. Because, you are always waving hi to somebody who"s giving you the thumbs up.:thumbsup