Shoud I buy a Superformance GT 40 Heritage ??

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I know its totally unrelated but if you are looking to buy a KitCar. You may get a look at this car. I almost bought the old version before getting my GT years ago but this new model sure looks Kick _ss. I have driven the old ones and have met the guys who build them. Pretty nice job but know that it will not have much resale value and for your enjoyment only... http://www.lucracars.com/#!new-2014-l148/c1yyw

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
The car just arrived at Gulf Coast Motorworks in Naples and they sent me a video . Car looks and sounds awesome , I wont sleep this weekend . Tony is going trhough everything and he will ship it on Monday or Tuesday , cant wait , I will keep you posted . Jeff

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
Well I got the car last week and it is a real beast , the sound , the smells and the ride are 100 % race car . I have owned alot of very fast cars , however this one is by far the quickest . When you crack the thottle open on those webbers it is a true symphony ! The fit and finish is extremely nice and the attention to detail is stunning . I have never had so many people take picutres of any car that I have ever owned as this one . I am getting the clear bra done and then will take ot to the track next week . I will be posting some pics soon , thanks, Jeff

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Great for you!
Enjoy every single minute.
Best,
Mark

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations! :thumbsup

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Love to see some pics.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I'd say these are worth some effort, if you can get them working right.

Gentlemen,

Here's a photo of the Webbers on my old Cobra. I never was able to get them to run acceptably so I ultimately gave up and went with a Holley 4-bbl carburetor. They sure looked great though.

Chip

Attachments

• Aluminum 427FE-Webbers.jpg
    Aluminum 427FE-Webbers.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 331

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Nice setup.
My Pantera had close to the same.
Result was the same as well.
For the street, the 4bbl worked better.
Race car, probably a different story.
Best,
Mark

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gentlemen,

Here's a photo of the Webbers on my old Cobra. I never was able to get them to run acceptably so I ultimately gave up and went with a Holley 4-bbl carburetor. They sure looked great though.

Chip

love it chip

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Congratulations Jeff!

Look forward to hearing your track review and some pics.

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
A video of one of our Superformance GT40 customers car with Webers is here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=522462911151285&set=vb.409208945810016&type=2&theater

Also some pictures of the Southern Automotive built 351W/427 stroker and ZF. We do a lot with Olthoff Racing, they do the build out on the majority of GT40 s we sell. Dennis Olthoff is not a dealer and has not been for several years so he orders cars through us. I highly recommend Dennis for GT builds....like the roadster being done now with an original FAV roadster windscreen.