Removed the Wipers

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
So Kyle........I'd be happy for you guys to make some.....just give me a free set!

DONE!!!

Let me look into what it will take for us to get these going. Unfortunately our car is being boxed up and shipped out this weekend to New Zealand...Any local members willing to drop their vehicle off for a day or two?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
PM'ed you Kyle

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Lee,
Your covers should also improve the aerodynamics of the car, and maybe a couple MPH top speed???
Kyle,
I'm in for a set in Heritage Blue.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nice.:thumbsup

How are they held on?

If they are gripping the wiper stub shaft you may want to pull the wiper fuse so they don't get turned on by accident.

When do they go into production?:banana

This HAS to be addressed. I have accidentally hit my wiper controls several times when my wipers were removed. I suddenly notice that the wiper stubs are rotating back and forth and I don't know how long they have been on.

I'd hate to think of what damage to the paint and possibly the wiper motor may happen if that happened with these covers in place.:ack

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
all you have to do is pull the fuse (25) .....it takes 1 minute to put it back in if you need to.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Since no one has taken the time to explain to Somelee the FGT Forum etiquette I will.

If you going to post cool mods you've created for your car you need to be prepared to take orders, provide specs, answer questions, provide costs, provide ship dates and give updates throughout the process:biggrin

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Since no one has taken the time to explain to Somelee the FGT Forum etiquette I will.

If you going to post cool mods you've created for your car you need to be prepared to take orders, provide specs, answer questions, provide costs, provide ship dates and give updates throughout the process:biggrin

You forgot the hazing and nicknames (i.e., 'Lazycat'. That still gives me a grin). :lol

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Lee,
Your covers should also improve the aerodynamics of the car, and maybe a couple MPH top speed???
Kyle,
I'm in for a set in Heritage Blue.

Kyle,

Ditto - count me in for a set in Heritage Blue.

Somelee, an outstanding idea and superb execution! :thumbsup

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Kyle,

Ditto - count me in for a set in Heritage Blue.

Somelee, an outstanding idea and superb execution! :thumbsup

thanks........I'm not sure if Kyle wants mine to use for a mold or what....I'll give him a buzz asap. I need to repair them now....I kinda dinged em' up pretty good on the Rally trip (long story) so I'll have to fix em' if he's gonna use em'.........great MORE sanding!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would love to have a set in white.

H

HHGT

thanks........I'm not sure if Kyle wants mine to use for a mold or what....I'll give him a buzz asap. I need to repair them now....I kinda dinged em' up pretty good on the Rally trip (long story) so I'll have to fix em' if he's gonna use em'.........great MORE sanding!

Lee, when's your Birthday? I'll send you some sand paper.:willy:willy:willy

Sam

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
well about a month ago I finally got around to taking off the wipers. Not exactly sure why I waited so long...it is pretty awesome. I had some painted caps over the assembly and that was fine....but I got a little bored one day and decided to try and fabricate some filler panels....heres the pictures.....the color match isn't really perfect as I just used off the shelf Duplicolor black. The jury is out on these and if I decide I like em' I'll probably get the color closer and fix a few things. Would love some feedback....here ya go

Hey Somelee, as per our conversation in Vegas, I'd take a set in red if you plan on producing them.

To those who store their wipers in the " glovebox " ( front trunk ) I would be concerned about the amount of heat or high temperatures this compartment experiences as a result of its proximity to the radiator. I would think that the rubber portion of the wipers would tend to dry out prematurely as a result.

I store my wipers behind my front seat between the rear firewall and storage net - inside black knee socks - so as to protect them from scratching. :thumbsup

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007

Hey Lee,

Let's get together on these ASAP. Don't worry about sanding them down or anything, I'll have our guys do that. I haven't contacted you about moving forward on these simply because of our SEMA projects. Our modeling shop has been BURIED in work for the past couple of months. But, they're free now.

Now for a question that will get Bony dancing...Who would be interested in getting a set of these made of carbon fiber? I'm simply throwing this idea out there but it might not work out. It all depends on how we can mount them.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
guess I would :)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Who would be interested in getting a set of these made of....

any material is fine with me - I'd be interested.:thumbsup

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
I'd be interested in a set, but not so much the carbon fiber. I would want to paint mine blue. BTW, for those who have not seen them in person, they look real nice and the "bubble" from the wiper post is rather unobtrusive IMO.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I would love to have a set in white.

Bony wants 2 sets in white... one with blue stripes to give to a real close friend :banana:banana

Ok... I want a set also white with blue stripes where necessary

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I would like a set. -- Silver w/the stripes.

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
One black-one silver-one titanium. Don't believe empty pockets it never rains in Seattle.

Jim

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Count me in for a set as well in the best color of course (Black w/silver stripes):banana:banana:banana