Rally 10 drive from TX

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Gary, Martha is not into cooking classes any more than cars.... We took on together in Tuscany and she hated it; she is a great cook in her own right. I have tried to tell her to do it to get to know some of the other women so she is "considering it."

Bill, would love for you to help with my car if that works out for you. Will call you when I know more specifically what the scheduled arrival is. He did say they might arrange to pick up the car early and then drop it at their warehouse near the airport in which case I may need someone to chauffeur me there to get it. Staying tuned!! Three weeks today!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I can give you a ride if I'm available GT Jack!

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Gary, Martha is not into cooking classes any more than cars....

Hey Jack - It's not about the cookin' (although some might disagree) - it about camaraderie with other car-guy wives, and DRINKING (they do a bit of that with wine at these get-togethers!)

(Tell her I might attend - just to be with women instead of these car-guys! - maybe that will help)

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Hey Jack - It's not about the cookin' (although some might disagree) - it about camaraderie with other car-guy wives, and DRINKING (they do a bit of that with wine at these get-togethers!)

(Tell her I might attend - just to be with women instead of these car-guys! - maybe that will help)

+1
What he said......

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
All booked and set to go from Lafayette, LA. Looking forward to meeting all the TX neighbors at Frank's on Monday. As far as I know, I am the lone wolf out of Louisiana and made plans to get going on Saturday to Memphis to say hi to Elvis, till Monday. Then depart for MO. Let me know if anyone is going out of Memphis to tag along with.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Mike, how many GT's are you binging?

See you in St. Louis.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Just Blue Moon. Missed you last year Dave. The boys and girls decided to go to Napa this weekend and couldn't take that much time off. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
This group is getting big. We will need Buford T. Justice for a front door.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Just Blue Moon. Missed you last year Dave. The boys and girls decided to go to Napa this weekend and couldn't take that much time off. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Dave, we missed you last year as well. Glad to see you are making the trek again this year with your car.
See you soon in Detroit!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We're probably going to make our own way on the first day and meet up with everyone at the hotel in Tulsa, should get there around 6-7pm. Then we'll have ourselves a convoy to Motor City!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Delivered my car to Rich and Dennis yesterday and will be driving it back to Texas so looking forward to the whole week

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
We are meeting GT Jack in Springfield then on to Dr Frank's. Spirit and I will start the run to Tulsa. Anyone joining from Austin to Tulsa? Time for a headcount so we don't miss someone.

Anyone else between Tulsa and Frank's. I think Houston folks are meeting us in Tulsa.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Please pick up a book for Dr. Frank:

image.jpg

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
He said we were heading directly to Miami from his place. Did you mean Geography? Dr. Frank is goin to have fun with this.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
He said we were heading directly to Miami from his place. Did you mean Geography? Dr. Frank is goin to have fun with this.

Sorry. Extremely poor segue on my part.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/31140-The-Road-to-the-Rally/page4

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
The Hawaii-California-Canada contingent will catch up in Tulsa.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The Hawaii-California-Canada contingent will catch up in Tulsa.

I'll read the entire thread tonight and make a list of who I think is running with us to Franks. He will coordinate after that.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I think this is how the trip to Frank's house will go:
8:00 Sunday Spirit and I leave Austin and meet Texas Mongrel, Hilo Dave, AMB, Ed.Life and Bye Enzo
9:00 Monday Leave Tulsa and meet with GT Jack around lunchtime in the Springfield area then on to St Louis.

If I forgot anyone let me know.

SPEED DEMON

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2006
Albuquerque NM
we will be trying to drive into St louis on sunday and want to stay in St Louis or close to it. Was wondering if anyone knows what is a good safe place to stay we will have 43 ft trailer so must have good parking and SAFE so we can sleep at night with out being worried all night.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
we will be trying to drive into St louis on sunday and want to stay in St Louis or close to it. Was wondering if anyone knows what is a good safe place to stay we will have 43 ft trailer so must have good parking and SAFE so we can sleep at night with out being worried all night.

The Drury hotel where everyone else are staying has a large parking area that will probably accommodate your trailer -

Most of the lot is usually available.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...-drive-from-TX?p=400085&viewfull=1#post400085

View attachment 39004