Rally 10 Dates

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hotel booked. Met up with Blake, Stormcat, Steve, and Silver at COTA this past weekend and there's already some plans for a caravan from Texas to meet up with more of you guys as we head North. Looking forward to it!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Booked and first one as well.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
20 of the 100 rooms remain. Wow. :lol

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Booked! Shaping up to be awsum!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Got room booked yesterday!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I'm booked too!!

Now please get us some TRACK TIME!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Susan and I have confirmed the rooms and are look into flights. Want to transport my GT from SoCal to the Rally. Would love to get on one of the carriers with GT's only. Let me know if anyone else is looking for the same.

Vince H

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Susan and I have confirmed the rooms and are look into flights. Want to transport my GT from SoCal to the Rally. Would love to get on one of the carriers with GT's only. Let me know if anyone else is looking for the same.

Vince H

Hey Vince....I'll bet your odds of hooking up with a carrier from Cal are waaay better than mine grabbing onto one from Western Canada!....look forward to seeing you and Sue in Detroit

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State

Vince H

That's like trailering your bike to Sturgis instead of RIDING it there! DRIVE the damn thing! In fact, take historic US Route 66 to Chicago on the way there or back.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
You do have a point and we are actually considering it!....(.We'll need to tear a page out of McGowan's "pack lightly and travel cross country in a gt" manual)... I'm sure Ralphie and Jeff could offer pointers as well.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Track time at MIS? I belong to a boat club on an inland lake about 5 miles from there! restaurant, swimming, beach, etc. Afterwards?

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Track time at MIS? I belong to a boat club on an inland lake about 5 miles from there! restaurant, swimming, beach, etc. Afterwards?

PM sent

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
You do have a point and we are actually considering it!....(.We'll need to tear a page out of McGowan's "pack lightly and travel cross country in a gt" manual)... I'm sure Ralphie and Jeff could offer pointers as well.

Hang stuff behind the seats, one bag in the front, one bag under passenger's knees, and use the hotels' laundry services. We did 4500 miles to/from the Sonoma rally. The car gets great gas mileage and is amazingly comfortable, even better than my McLaren over long distances? We 're driving to Ten and back for sure.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Pointer #1 - leave the golf clubs at home.

As this discussion started prior to Rally 1, I'll save you a dr frank (yes lower case) search.

" Pack lightly, if the clothes need to be washed, send them home and the maid will have them cleaned and put away before you get home. Then stop at a mall and buy replacements as needed".

Alternate #1 - "drive to the Rally, and buy your wife a plane ticket".

And as Gordo found out, "do not place her make up in the trunk", as it will melt. The replacement items (and appropriate upgrade) can be very expensive!

And most of all, which ever works best for you, enjoy the ride to Dearborn for Rally 10 in your GT. You will will have a great time and meet many, many new GT friends along the way.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Psyched. Just about ready to launch this missile on this thing. I appreciate everyone's patience with this because obviously there is a great deal going on in Dearborn around Ford GT, so getting the schedules for personnel and facilities together has been a little more difficult. It's going to be a great time because Ford is going to "take the cover off", and allow us access to facilities and personnel from Ford GT eras like we've never seen before.

Ford GTs and their owners will return to Dearborn to visit and be showcased at:

Ford World Headquarters
Ford Dearborn Development Center (vehicle test facility)
Ford Product Development Center (design studio)
Ford Rouge Factory
Ford Conference and Events Center
The Henry Ford Museum
The Bankle - Camilo Pardo's Detroit Studio

with guests including

Raj Nair - Group Vice President, Global Product Development and Chief Technical Officer
Dave Pericak - Director Ford Performance
Jaime Allison - Director Ford Racing
Jamal Hameedi - Ford Performance Chief Engineer
Kip Ewing - Ford Performance Assistant Chief Engineer
Henry Ford III - Global Marketing Manager Ford Performance
Neil Ressler - Ford VPof Advanced Engineering and Chief Technical Officer; Ford GT Senior Technical Advisor.
Fred Goodnow - Ford GT Vehicle Engineering Manager
Camilo Pardo - Ford GT Chief Designer
Mark McGowan - Mr. 211.89 mph
Rich Brooks - aka The GT Guy
Denis Breitenbach - aka The GT Guy
Scott Ahlman (Indy race schedule permitting)
Tom Reichenbach (Indy race schedule permitting)
Steve Denby - FGT Marketing
John Pfeiffer - FGT Performance Development Engineer
Tom Teknos - FGT NVH
Alex Szilagyi - FGT Development

and a whole host of other GT team members we haven't got the chance to see in years (or maybe ever). There will be many others to list down the road. :biggrin The goal here is to not just make this a reunion for 2005-2006 Ford GT owners, but for the team as well.

You will also get the chance to get up close and personal with the entire Ford Performance lineup, including unprecedented access to the new Ford GT program. It's going to be a very special chance to do one of these before the car comes out rather than after production ends, at Ford's facilities, with Ford's personnel, with their cooperation.

There is still much to be revealed in the coming months that should make this just an unbelievable event. Can't wait! :willy

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Nicely done! ;- ))

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Wow sounds great

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sweet, to say the least..... Im guessing might break the Vegas (R3) record of 05-06 GT's together (was the most at a rally if I recall)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Only 12 rooms left.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
WOW! Dave you are the MAN! There is no way I could miss this one unless I was in a hospital bed and unconscious.

I wish there was something I could do to help on this event... kinda tough being on the left coast :(