Radiator leak

doc4140

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
Checked my coolant levels since I now have 2500 miles on my 2006 GT. After filling it it was still leaking so my first visit to the local Ford dealer revealed a damaged heater hose form a rat that got into my garage. No other damage. I live on a golf course and they come in from the fairway. Now I have a lot of traps and I feel like I am in Caddy Shack/ the movie!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Checked my coolant levels since I now have 2500 miles on my 2006 GT. After filling it it was still leaking so my first visit to the local Ford dealer revealed a damaged heater hose form a rat that got into my garage. No other damage. I live on a golf course and they come in from the fairway. Now I have a lot of traps and I feel like I am in Caddy Shack/ the movie!

Be careful how you handle the offending critter(s) then!
As I recall, in the movie the critter survived - but, not much else DID!:lol

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho

You need to have your pest control guy put out some Protecta LP bait stations loaded up with Liphatech Generation bait blocks. Put about 4 of these in your garage and the rats will be history. It is cheep insurance. If I lived closer I would do it for you.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Sometime when I have more time remind me to tell you about the skunk that climbed around in my car. It's funny now but not at the time.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Sometime when I have more time remind me to tell you about the skunk that climbed around in my car. It's funny now but not at the time.

Skunk storries! I got a bad one. Just bought a house in '92. Came home from work to see all the lights on at 2:00AM and thought wow, my wife is waiting up for me - wrong.....

One of the window well's in the basement wasn't covered and sure enough damn critter fell into the window well. First reaction from the skunk was to spray and then dig his way out which promptly put him in the drain tile field around the house. My brother in law was called to help who thought by putting a board in the WW the critter would crawl out. Problem was the skunk came back out of the drain tile, hit his head on the board and let loose again! For people who have basements know that the drain tile typically is connected to a sump pit which was next to the furnace - which when running blew that damn stink all throughout the house....

So here I am at +2:00AM, with the damn skunk still in the window well/ ddrain tile, my house stunk up, getting madder and madder which promptly caused me to get a pistol to kill it. At the time it made sense so I loaded up the 9, stuck my hand/ arm down in the window well (four feet deep) and let loose a round killing the skunk, blinding myself and casuing nme to go deaf instantly:rofl

What a way to meet the new neighbors. Damn skunk!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
See what happens when you big city boy engineers move out to the country? How long did it take you to realize there were no pidgeons?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A little story.......

Many years ago the brother of a girlfriend ran over a squirrel on his way home from work. Being a sensitive soul he stopped his car and walked back to see if the animal was dead. It was. So he gently picked it up and put the body in the passenger foot well of his prized TVR. Much to his surprise, 2 miles down the road, this little animal was fully revived and rather angry to be riding along in his car! So it rocketed around the car, eventually diving under the glovebox and up behind the dashboard. Basically it vanished into the electrics. So when he got home he put on a stiff pair of gloves and gingerly felt around behind the glovebox. Ker-Pow! This fecking thing bit him soooo hard, right through the knuckle of his index finger and wouldn't let go. With blood pouring out of his glove, he dragged this varmit out - but it wouldn't let go. It was locked on. So he smashed it's head in with a hammer and it finally, when dead, let go.

An upsetting episode for him (being an animal lover) and a very amusing one for the rest of us!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Skunk storries! I got a bad one. Just bought a house in '92. Came home from work to see all the lights on at 2:00AM and thought wow, my wife is waiting up for me - wrong.....

One of the window well's in the basement wasn't covered and sure enough damn critter fell into the window well. First reaction from the skunk was to spray and then dig his way out which promptly put him in the drain tile field around the house. My brother in law was called to help who thought by putting a board in the WW the critter would crawl out. Problem was the skunk came back out of the drain tile, hit his head on the board and let loose again! For people who have basements know that the drain tile typically is connected to a sump pit which was next to the furnace - which when running blew that damn stink all throughout the house....

So here I am at +2:00AM, with the damn skunk still in the window well/ ddrain tile, my house stunk up, getting madder and madder which promptly caused me to get a pistol to kill it. At the time it made sense so I loaded up the 9, stuck my hand/ arm down in the window well (four feet deep) and let loose a round killing the skunk, blinding myself and casuing nme to go deaf instantly:rofl

What a way to meet the new neighbors. Damn skunk!

MAD- I'm sure it wasn't funny then, but your story sure made me laugh now. :lol How long did it take to get all the smell out of your house?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You Need A "Guard Cat"

You should get one of my ferocious "Guard Cats". :biggrin

Rats, skunks, snakes, squirrels, bugs, small dogs, & children are no problem with one of them. :eek

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
You should get one of my ferocious "Guard Cats". :biggrin

Rats, skunks, snakes, squirrels, bugs, small dogs, & children are no problem with one of them. :eek

Spirit, I know what you mean about the ferocious "Guard Cats". The problem I have with mine is that he won't let me into my own house. I can't even sit in my own favorite chair. There is hardly a day that goes by that the sucker doesn't draw blood from me. No respect! :ack

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Spirit, I know what you mean about the ferocious "Guard Cats". The problem I have with mine is that he won't let me into my own house. I can't even sit in my own favorite chair. There is hardly a day that goes by that the sucker doesn't draw blood from me. No respect! :ack

isaakgt,

It may be one of those things that only those of us who live in the country know about. :eek

Attachments

• merlin-1070315947.jpg
    merlin-1070315947.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 50