Project TTSGT Dyno shakedown began tonight !!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The only physical part of the kit we changed was the piping that goes from the Turbos to the blower. Everything else is the same.

Hey I am more then willing to be the 3.4L test mule here. I would absolutely love to map out the differences and see what the exact end result would be with that single change.

More madness! :lol:lol:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey why not go for it all, if Dustin will sponsor the program, and use the 5L Whipple. That should get some very stout numbers!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hey why not go for it all, if Dustin will sponsor the program, and use the 5L Whipple. That should get some very stout numbers!

I am entirely game for that !!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2006
I like the concept; in fact I have chatted with both Torrie and TonY G about their project.

In my world the combination makes sense and certainly can (as has been seen) produce some crazy numbers however at the end of the day I want to be able to pull into the local fuel station and top her off and go play. I have drums of race fuel in my facility however the idea of having to use it for day to day driving leaves me cold.

Now I have similar feelings when it comes to any tuning for a street gal that requires secondary injection systems such as methanol. I like to build and then tune based on the norm and then use secondary systems as a bit of a buffer for those truly extreme moments in time and not as a primary operating system.

Now having shared this I feel certain that what Torrie and TonY G are tweaking will become a viable alternate option for those looking for prodigious stump pulling torque and then still have enough air to push her into the stratosphere on pump gas however I also expect that some will consider that there is never too much and want to push her past these limits as such I suggest that you heed this warning; the novelty of replenishing your gal's tank with race fuel and or methanol will become old sooner or later.

There is no doubt that these gal's are able to create and withstand so much more power than they were presented with however remember the cost of admission into this arena is far more than the initial price of the conversion.

I like extreme setups and the gals presented with them; in fact I have several customers that only use their toys as the ultimate "E" ticket ride but then they are made very aware of the issues as mentioned above.

A big "Thumbs Up" Torrie and TonY G for working outside of the proverbial box again; I think that the mechanical attributes of having both a supercharger and a pair of hair dryers is simply too cool for words.

Takes care

Shadowman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Bill for the reality check...

Meanwhile, perhaps some of the folks that are suggesting that Dustin donate a huffer might consider joining this forum as a supporting member?? :)

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Just turn the boost controller on the turbos down a bit and away you go. Turbos are very fleible that way.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Just turn the boost controller on the turbos down a bit and away you go. Turbos are very fleible that way.

Very true that is the beauty of this setup I have full boost control inside the vehicle.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thanks Bill. Your 100% correct in regards to the downside of having to run race gas 24/7. I have been there and back. Its really nice though to have an option to turn it up if you need to with a quick flash and a turn of the boost controller knob !!!

At the end of the day it all comes down to what your end goal is for your vehicle.

Bill is also a card carrying member of the entry to the passenger seat of my GT whenever he wishes!!!!!

I like the concept; in fact I have chatted with both Torrie and TonY G about their project.

In my world the combination makes sense and certainly can (as has been seen) produce some crazy numbers however at the end of the day I want to be able to pull into the local fuel station and top her off and go play. I have drums of race fuel in my facility however the idea of having to use it for day to day driving leaves me cold.

Now I have similar feelings when it comes to any tuning for a street gal that requires secondary injection systems such as methanol. I like to build and then tune based on the norm and then use secondary systems as a bit of a buffer for those truly extreme moments in time and not as a primary operating system.

Now having shared this I feel certain that what Torrie and TonY G are tweaking will become a viable alternate option for those looking for prodigious stump pulling torque and then still have enough air to push her into the stratosphere on pump gas however I also expect that some will consider that there is never too much and want to push her past these limits as such I suggest that you heed this warning; the novelty of replenishing your gal's tank with race fuel and or methanol will become old sooner or later.

There is no doubt that these gal's are able to create and withstand so much more power than they were presented with however remember the cost of admission into this arena is far more than the initial price of the conversion.

I like extreme setups and the gals presented with them; in fact I have several customers that only use their toys as the ultimate "E" ticket ride but then they are made very aware of the issues as mentioned above.

A big "Thumbs Up" Torrie and TonY G for working outside of the proverbial box again; I think that the mechanical attributes of having both a supercharger and a pair of hair dryers is simply too cool for words.

Takes care

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you Torrie; this offer will be accepted one day

Now please do not get me wrong; I of all people enjoy the extreme end of the performance envelope however I also accepted long ago the "Ying and Yang" of any given situation and the cost associated with my decissions. I only wish for folks to be drawn to the light with their eyes open so that when "zapped" it is not a surprise but rather an accepted part of the process and associated pleasure.

For example; my gal did not have 50 miles on her before she was presented with a Whipple not to mention the laundry list of other cool tweaks and I have never looked back.

Takes care

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I get your point Bill. Wow I lasted 2 days and 340 miles before I pullied my GT after I bought it, you killed me going whipple at 50 miles :cheers

Thank you Torrie; this offer will be accepted one day

Now please do not get me wrong; I of all people enjoy the extreme end of the performance envelope however I also accepted long ago the "Ying and Yang" of any given situation and the cost associated with my decissions. I only wish for folks to be drawn to the light with their eyes open so that when "zapped" it is not a surprise but rather an accepted part of the process and associated pleasure.

For example; my gal did not have 50 miles on her before she was presented with a Whipple not to mention the laundry list of other cool tweaks and I have never looked back.

Takes care

Shadowman

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Well spoken Bill!!

On a different note I have to share a snippet of todays events with you all.

Was awaken by my cell phone ringing at about 11am (ok LONG night! LOL) and the local Mustang crew was going to cruise to a Diner in St Augustine for lunch and then off to a local site for some Club Pics.

Our shop has worked and or tuned almost all of these cars and what better way to spend a nice day off crusing with a herd of Mustangs? LOL

Once on the way I started thinking to myself that as nice a day was it was, I would probably see Torrie out on the roads enjoying his gal...

I no sooner turned into the St Augustine back roads and THERE HE WAS!! LOL

Passed me a few miles from the Diner.. LOL Of course I then called him and asked him to join us.. He did and we did a nice 20 car herd thru "Old St Augustine" with everyone stopping and pointing and taking pictures!!!

Shot a club picture with Torrie's GT included and called it a day (Afer Ice Cream of course) LOL

BTW Torrie, my son had a blast riding with you and was very thankful!!

Nice way to start 08!!!!

TonY G

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Obviously you can keep adding boost, upping octane, adding bigger superchargers and on and on, but at what point do you surpass the stock engines ability to handle all that power? Can you run over 1000 RWHP with stock internals and expect it to hold together for a reasonable amount of time?

I suspect there are several owners reading this thread who were interested in the twin turbo setup but now have a new fire lit under their ass (I'm one of them). Since I already have a Whipple, it would seem to make sense to leave it on and just add the new turbo setup and really have a screamer but I'm not interested in driving a time bomb. I like the relative dependability of the TTs I have been reading about and wouldn't want to give that up.

It may be too early in the development process to make any promises but I would appreciate the comments of all you guys who are much more informed about the limits of the engine.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Well spoken Bill!!

On a different note I have to share a snippet of todays events with you all.

Was awaken by my cell phone ringing at about 11am (ok LONG night! LOL) and the local Mustang crew was going to cruise to a Diner in St Augustine for lunch and then off to a local site for some Club Pics.

Our shop has worked and or tuned almost all of these cars and what better way to spend a nice day off crusing with a herd of Mustangs? LOL

Once on the way I started thinking to myself that as nice a day was it was, I would probably see Torrie out on the roads enjoying his gal...

I no sooner turned into the St Augustine back roads and THERE HE WAS!! LOL

Passed me a few miles from the Diner.. LOL Of course I then called him and asked him to join us.. He did and we did a nice 20 car herd thru "Old St Augustine" with everyone stopping and pointing and taking pictures!!!

Shot a club picture with Torrie's GT included and called it a day (Afer Ice Cream of course) LOL

BTW Torrie, my son had a blast riding with you and was very thankful!!

Nice way to start 08!!!!

TonY G

Aye Aye captain !

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I was just in St. Augustine. What a cool town....I read it is the oldest town in the USA. Where did you guys eat? Someday we should have a GT meet here.

That is when we all come down for the group buy on GT-STT conversions:biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I was just in St. Augustine. What a cool town....I read it is the oldest town in the USA. Where did you guys eat? Someday we should have a GT meet here.

That is when we all come down for the group buy on GT-STT conversions:biggrin

Tom I live off A1A in St. Augustine. We met up at the Oasis then cruised north thru downtown up to Vilano beach.

Yes its the oldest city and Tony likes to razz me about some imaginary gates that open and close and keep me here all of the time. :lol:lol

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
What about a 3.3 Whipple with a single turbo?

With the boost from both the turbos and the sc, the turbos have to really be dialed down, or too much boost can very easily be made. Less plumbing, weight, and complexity with a single turbo. Just a thought.

Again, Torrie, great, great system. sure to set the world on fire.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
What about a 3.3 Whipple with a single turbo?

Absolutely wonderful question :cheers

rtm

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2006
I currently have the Whipple and make 772 rwhp on 109 race gas and as mentioned earlier, it’s a pain to deal with the gas issue.
If I understand this setup correctly, I can get 900+ on pump gas by adding a couple small turbos and still retain huge low end torque, this sounds awful inviting to me. Just a thought, if you remove the stock muffler and plumb the turbo from that location, couldn’t you easily then remove the turbos and be back on SG (only) within a few hours and a flash of the computer, or am I dreaming?

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
NO you are not dreaming.. In fact we planned on just the opposite of that if the blower didnt work out.. Having the tunes already built would just consitute swapping back to the original Exhaust pipe..

TonY G

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
NO you are not dreaming.. In fact we planned on just the opposite of that if the blower didnt work out.. Having the tunes already built would just consitute swapping back to the original Exhaust pipe..

TonY G

+1