Oil pressure warning

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
quick time said:
Did not realize he was in Dubai with a grey market car. However that in itself does not alter the fact that, according to many posts I have read here, there are many Ford Dealers who are not knowledgable/trained on the GT to service it properly. There was even one poster in Cental florida that said he would avoid any dealer for service even if he, the car owner, had to pay for the item that needed replacing personally. Greenway Ford was cited by one owner in Cental Florida as having "screwed up his car" and warned others about going there. These are facts ,not just my opinion, based on what has been posted here. I still believe that Ford has not supported this car properly. Not requireing a selling dealer to have at least one tech receive some GT specific training is not supporting the car, IMO! Many techs have to learn as they go with the GT. My connection to the financial part of my statement was to ask the question, is Ford's financial situation part of the reason that the car is not better supported? I believe you are reading way more into my statement than I ever intended. I bought one. I drive it. I am hoping that it will turn out to be a wonderful experiance. I also stated my opinion about the servicability and support of the car. Your experiance may be different and you may disagree. Time will tell if my experiance is a good one. Thanks for allowing me to express my opinion. So as not to leave any doubt. I am enjoying the car. It is unique.
Quick Time,

Let me first say that I am one of those VERY SATISFIED GT OWNERS with over 5,000 miles on it in less than 5 months and no issues what so ever.

In defense of Ford and their dealers let me say that with the number of Ford dealers out there and the number of GT’s that each one has sold or serviced, I would find it very unlikely that every Ford dealer would have the exposure to them so as to make each of those dealerships “experts” at dealing with every potential issue that may arise with the car.

It is a very sophisticated car; it does and will require attention that takes a little more than a Focus or Mustang.

Ford is dedicated to the car and their customer’s satisfaction. My suggestion is that before one starts to criticize Ford and their Dealers, they get the car out and run it, then see if the car is all that most all of us owners believe and if Ford supports issues as they arise.

Just my 2 cents worth.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
quick time,

I'm OK with your perspective, and I think the "servacibility" of the GT through local Ford franchises is something that you are certainly going to find both good and bad examples of. Caveat emptor. The Italian car dealers are probably a lot more consistent - they're all going to screw you. Ah, I'm just kidding. It is a very conceptual obvious challenge for Ford - providing service for an expensive, high-end car like the GT through this existing, low to mid-line car network. I only find it strange that it comes as a surprise to you. For me, and I am sure many others, this "deficiency" is something in the entire recipe of the buying decision. In fact, I'd be pretty certain that it was a factor for some people to buy locally - so they could develop a relationship.

So, "shop" and ask around. Find a dealership you're comfortable with and go from there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
quick time, many of the dealerships selling the GT were SVT dealers. Some dealerships got their cars (allocations) in a lottery or for sales awards. Some of these dealerships sold their allocations to other dealerships, some didn't. These non-SVT dealerships are the scary ones.

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
Spirit said:
Quick Time,

Let me first say that I am one of those VERY SATISFIED GT OWNERS with over 5,000 miles on it in less than 5 months and no issues what so ever.

In defense of Ford and their dealers let me say that with the number of Ford dealers out there and the number of GT’s that each one has sold or serviced, I would find it very unlikely that every Ford dealer would have the exposure to them so as to make each of those dealerships “experts” at dealing with every potential issue that may arise with the car.

It is a very sophisticated car; it does and will require attention that takes a little more than a Focus or Mustang.

Ford is dedicated to the car and their customer’s satisfaction. My suggestion is that before one starts to criticize Ford and their Dealers, they get the car out and run it, then see if the car is all that most all of us owners believe and if Ford supports issues as they arise.

Just my 2 cents worth.

"they get the car out and run it,".....Now there is a recommendation I will comply with! Thanks for the responses. This Forum has been a great source of information and I appreciate it.