New supercharger kit 05-06 Ford GT

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Awesome! Would you be willing to adapt your inlet to a 3.8L gen5 Whipple? I picked one up and have been working on figuring out the mid-plate and inlet setup.
Have you seen the feed back on the new 3.8. It’s less than stellar besides it makes good power.

If thats what you want tho I can. Just time and materials to do it. Just shoot me a pm

Last edited:
Reactions: Red-Rocket

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
So these are 4 twisted blades vs. three with the Whipple?

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 13

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
nice looking piece!

Reactions: B.M.F.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Ford gt emblems for the side of the supercharger.

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpeg
    IMG_1358.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 46

WhippleGT

GT Owner
May 23, 2022
Ford gt emblems for the side of the supercharger.
Very nice

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I installed the 4.0 whipple a few weeks ago, along with cutting seat down, and yesterday got a nice enough day to go drive. I have not put on my dyno yet as I wanted to run the fuel from last fall out before beating on it. The seat is awesome, head does not rub roof and I can shut door with no ducking. The whipple is leaking oil out of the pulley, looks like seeping out of the threads on input shaft, I wish I would have known prior to installing this used supercharger but no oil was present. I guess I will remove again and seal. Anyone have same leaks in past and advise if threads or oil seal? The oil is in center of shaft and not around back of pulley as I would expect if seal was leaking.

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Looks very cool & stock looking almost ,i like it

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
Excited to see the progress on this! I think its a much better size for 95% of GT owners looking to upgrade. The smaller rotor pack should make for some better throttle response and the extra 150-200 hp over stock is exactly what the car needs.

Reactions: analogdesigner

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Excited to see the progress on this! I think its a much better size for 95% of GT owners looking to upgrade. The smaller rotor pack should make for some better throttle response and the extra 150-200 hp over stock is exactly what the car needs.
Good points, but I think the targeted HP is more that you are citing but can always be de-tuned. We've had more that 30 GT's on the dyno and we've had the opportunity to get baseline (stock) HP runs on the majority of those before any power adding modifications. As everyone is aware, the OEM ENGINE HP rating for the GT is 550HP. On a dyno measuring rear wheel HP (RWHP), stock GT's typically are right around 500 RWHP (an approximate 10% drivetrain loss).

A pulley tune kit will generally yield about 600 RWHP - a genuine 100HP more than stock and which really wakes the car up and is one of the best power-adder values on the planet!

We've install Whipple SC in the past and with a pulley sized for ~21psi, we've achieved RWHP of just over 800 RWHP. However, with the Whipple, this is at the limit of the OEM fuel system. Any higher, and you would have to consider larger injectors and larger fuel pumps, etc.

With the set-up that B.M.F. has come up with - the efficiency of the SC is likely MUCH better than the Whipples of yesteryear. As such, he will have the ability to select a pulley size that can achieve the requisite boost to hit a target of 800 RWHP. Because of the greater efficiency of the blower, an 800RWHP car will have a wee bit of headroom in the fuel system and this should be a very good set-up for owners who want the most power. Note that this will be 60% power increase over stock. The only downside of this is the fuel requirements ad B.M.F.'s testing will tell us, but I'd guess that 94 octane would be a minimum... if not 100.

If he chooses to, B.M.F, would also have the ability to provide a 650-700 RWHP kit. The only difference would be to have a larger pulley which would generate less boost - say, 17 or 18psi. With the increased efficiency of this SC design, there is potential to have this set-up running with a more readily available fuel octane of 91-94. This set-up would be 30-40% increase over OEM HP and might very well be the sweet spot for a very reliable, daily-driven-capable, GT.

Exciting times for all!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Just when I think I don't want another 05-06 GT. I see this and want another 05-06 GT :)

Great job man, I can't wait to work the calibration side of one of these. Its giving me ideas.