New supercharger kit 05-06 Ford GT

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
My new supercharger kit is very very close for the 05-06 Ford GT Supercar! Hope to have the first batch of 4 blowers built with in next two months. Have two pre sold already and the billet stuff is being made now. My first test kit is maybe a week or two out.

I’m using the TVS 2.65 rotor pack from the 2020 up GT500 and raptor R. Custom billet baseplate, pulleys and billet rear inlet with ford gt logo or can be ordered with out a logo. Blower casing will be cast along with the snout. Going to be able to offer custom finishes also for powder coating. Most common will be an oem type silver and probably black.

We’ve seen this rotor pack make 925whp on a Ford GT based engine with stock GT cams. It’s also capable of about 1150-1200whp on an engine with cams, ported heads, some more compression along with good octane fuel whether it be e85 or 110-116 octane. The market for that power level is very small but at least there will be an aftermarket blower option still available for these cars and will be great for that 750-850whp range aswell.

These superchargers are super efficient and that’s why the oe’s used them. Less inlet temp heat, less stress on the crank pulley due to smaller rotor pack and if you have followed the amount of power being put out by these supercharges on the 2020 up gt500’s you will already know it is a really great supercharger.

I should have a car on my chassis Dyno in April. I can back to back it against a 4.0 whipple also if anyone would like to see the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1352.png
    IMG_1352.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1317.jpeg
    IMG_1317.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
subscribing

Reactions: Anderson

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Just finishing up the inlet today.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpeg
    IMG_1317.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 39

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is a great looking part.

Reactions: B.M.F.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I wish you great success with this, B.M.F. I think this is a much better, more modern/efficient blower for the GT as compared to previous alternatives. A nice, turn-key, legitimate 800-rwhp kit is the sweet spot I think. Enough power for the GT to be better than virtually everything else ou there on the street and not too much power to start worrying about breaking other components. I even think that driven carefully, the stock clutch could survive with this. Too much more power than 800-rwhp would have me concerned about the capability of the OEM fuel system and once you start modifying that with larger pumps and injectors, it gets to be a slippery slope from a cost/reliability perspective. In summary, I vote for a 20-21 psi system which should equate to about 800-ish rwhp and which still be within the capabilities of the stock fuel system, intercooler, clutch, axles, etc.

Hope to learn more soon!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Can you CNC a power steering hose while you're at it?

🤪

Reactions: viva gt and dshears

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I wish you great success with this, B.M.F. I think this is a much better, more modern/efficient blower for the GT as compared to previous alternatives. A nice, turn-key, legitimate 800-rwhp kit is the sweet spot I think. Enough power for the GT to be better than virtually everything else ou there on the street and not too much power to start worrying about breaking other components. I even think that driven carefully, the stock clutch could survive with this. Too much more power than 800-rwhp would have me concerned about the capability of the OEM fuel system and once you start modifying that with larger pumps and injectors, it gets to be a slippery slope from a cost/reliability perspective. In summary, I vote for a 20-21 psi system which should equate to about 800-ish rwhp and which still be within the capabilities of the stock fuel system, intercooler, clutch, axles, etc.

Hope to learn more soon!
Thank you and that 800whp is also what I feel is the best for 98% of people wanting to do something like this.. I have an inner cooler upgrade also. its 90% done. But I've also made 1450whp through the stock ic core..

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Can you CNC a power steering hose while you're at it?

🤪
The fix for that is a silicone hose and I have a company that could do them. They won't look oem do the the process to make silcone hoses but they won't seep either. A rag and some simple green or alternative cleaner is your best friend right now.

Reactions: Red-Rocket

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Gotta do the bypass valve stuff and it’s ready to go on a car.

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 43

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That looks great.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Dan<. I have a Whipple 3.5(?) supercharger that I bought from one of the former members here, nearly new, 6 years ago. SO I guess that's the 2nd generation. I looked around Whipple's website, as well as some other sites, to find out what the differences over the generations are, and did not find much technical detail. Do you or anyone else know?

I did find out that the new Whipple complete kits include a new and larger capacity intercooler for the Mustangs, trucks, etc., that supposedly is responsible for a significant part of the power gains.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Dan<. I have a Whipple 3.5(?) supercharger that I bought from one of the former members here, nearly new, 6 years ago. SO I guess that's the 2nd generation. I looked around Whipple's website, as well as some other sites, to find out what the differences over the generations are, and did not find much technical detail. Do you or anyone else know?

I did find out that the new Whipple complete kits include a new and larger capacity intercooler for the Mustangs, trucks, etc., that supposedly is responsible for a significant part of the power gains.
I think you have a 3.3 or 3.4L, then they went to a 4.0 and the last was a 4.5.

The new innercoolers are one for each bank similar to the hellcats. Much better in cooling but the GT innercooler is a very very good piece.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Work of Art. Beautiful and looks purposeful. Congratulations.

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Dan, looks fantastic. Great work KO

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow, is this something you're designing/building yourself???

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, is this something you're designing/building yourself??.

The case is bought with the rotor pack installed. So all the clearances/etc are done by manufacture. All the billet stuff I had done and I will do, finishes and finally assembly etc.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I will do, finishes and finally assembly etc.

My Whipple is a smooth gloss black, which I really like. Is that a possibility?

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
My new supercharger kit is very very close for the 05-06 Ford GT Supercar! Hope to have the first batch of 4 blowers built with in next two months. Have two pre sold already and the billet stuff is being made now. My first test kit is maybe a week or two out.

I’m using the TVS 2.65 rotor pack from the 2020 up GT500 and raptor R. Custom billet baseplate, pulleys and billet rear inlet with ford gt logo or can be ordered with out a logo. Blower casing will be cast along with the snout. Going to be able to offer custom finishes also for powder coating. Most common will be an oem type silver and probably black.

We’ve seen this rotor pack make 925whp on a Ford GT based engine with stock GT cams. It’s also capable of about 1150-1200whp on an engine with cams, ported heads, some more compression along with good octane fuel whether it be e85 or 110-116 octane. The market for that power level is very small but at least there will be an aftermarket blower option still available for these cars and will be great for that 750-850whp range aswell.

These superchargers are super efficient and that’s why the oe’s used them. Less inlet temp heat, less stress on the crank pulley due to smaller rotor pack and if you have followed the amount of power being put out by these supercharges on the 2020 up gt500’s you will already know it is a really great supercharger.

I should have a car on my chassis Dyno in April. I can back to back it against a 4.0 whipple also if anyone would like to see the difference.

Here is a teaser pic of the inlet.. it’s just getting finished up now.
Awesome! Would you be willing to adapt your inlet to a 3.8L gen5 Whipple? I picked one up and have been working on figuring out the mid-plate and inlet setup.

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico

Here is a teaser pic of the inlet.. it’s just getting finished up now.
I can provide 3D scans of the blower case or if need be send you the head unit.....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The case isn't all you'd need. The supercharger sits quite a ways back so you'll also need the interposer "snout" to go from the main blower to the pulley and main serpentine belt. You'll also need the throttle body and possibly some emissions equipment connections (EGR comes to mind).