• IMG_20101027_142336.jpg
    IMG_20101027_142336.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 264

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Jack at Muscle Motors and I looked into doing this a couple years ago. We were going to cut the bottom off the OEM tank and expand it, then the system would look completely OEM to 95% of all casual observers. I scrapped the idea as it would not help road coarse temps or spirited driving temps for more than a few minutes. Great idea for dragsters obviously.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
That's great. Now if only the Mojave mile would be more flexable and allow support crew to fill it with ice just before starting the run. During the 1st Mojave mile all of the ice would have been melted because no crew were allowed after the 1st staging area and the actual runs happen at least 15 to 30 minutes later! The TX mile was setup better where someone could fill ice just before running.

Crew members were allowed to the staging area during the last event......some even just in a moral support role.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i am not sure how the intercooler system works on our GT's? i thougth the intercooler liquid was of a green color like my ford lightning has?. does this bigger resevoir mean that you now have to run water instead of the green intercooler coolant?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
does this bigger resevoir mean that you now have to run water instead of the green intercooler coolant?

No, but I choose to use distilled water and water wetter.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
No, but I choose to use distilled water and water wetter.

that is what i use in my radiators. with this system i will run distilled water and water wetter. so yes Torrie put me on the list of buyers. also has anybody found if there are any gains to be had by porting the stock supercharger or a whipple. on the lightning there are many companies that offer porting services for the stock 1.8L eaton supercharger and the gains are worth it.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
I'll be the first to ask. Any idea on what this is going to cost yet??

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I'll be the first to ask. Any idea on what this is going to cost yet??

This will be outlined when the prototype I am working with meets all of my standards and we have all of the supporting items needed for the kit to be complete.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
that is what i use in my radiators. with this system i will run distilled water and water wetter. so yes Torrie put me on the list of buyers. also has anybody found if there are any gains to be had by porting the stock supercharger or a whipple. on the lightning there are many companies that offer porting services for the stock 1.8L eaton supercharger and the gains are worth it.

Done !

I do not believe that there is much room for improvement port wise on the TS based blowers unlike what the Lightning and 03-04 cobra guys have been doing with the Eaton.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
This will be outlined when the prototype I am working with meets all of my standards and we have all of the supporting items needed for the kit to be complete.

Makes sense. Thanks for rolling out this preview though. :thumbsup

Like I need something else to think about for my car. :willy:willy :lol

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Makes sense. Thanks for rolling out this preview though. :thumbsup

Like I need something else to think about for my car. :willy:willy :lol

No problem !

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Me too, me too.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Me too, me too.

Done !

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If possible, OEM crinkle-finish black would be preferred. I can have it done if it is not on your list of "finishing touches."

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
If possible, OEM crinkle-finish black would be preferred. I can have it done if it is not on your list of "finishing touches."

that is the target

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Got the coated prototype back for test fitment.

Attachments

• IMG_20101208_160939.jpg
    IMG_20101208_160939.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20101208_160922.jpg
    IMG_20101208_160922.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 224

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
holy big tank batman.

cool

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
holy big tank batman.

cool

That's the original prototype I'll retain the use of in my car. I will have a production level unit shortly they are being assembled now. We went a different route for the lids too :

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 146

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Ok Torrie are they ready to ship yet :)

Whats the price going to be and I assume that these are a straight bolt in with no modifications so I can put it back with little issue if needed. I just registered for the mile in March and I'll be damned if I'm letting Fubar hold that 200mph shirt over my head.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ok Torrie are they ready to ship yet :)

Whats the price going to be and I assume that these are a straight bolt in with no modifications so I can put it back with little issue if needed. I just registered for the mile in March and I'll be damned if I'm letting Fubar hold that 200mph shirt over my head.

+1