New product under development

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
This should be particularly useful for those of us that run the mile but here is a shot of the prototype 7 liter inter-cooler reservoir I was testing for fitment today. It's got a 6 inch lid that will allow instantaneous Ice refills. But the biggest gain will be seen from increasing the volume of the fluid in the system and keep IAT2's down at WOT. The other nice part of this equation is that this will fit all GT's Stock, Pulley, Whipple, TT ! Once this is complete the container and lid will have the black crinkle finish relative to the stock reservoir so it will blend right into the vehicle and appear OE.

Attachments

• IMG_20100923_140141.jpg
    IMG_20100923_140141.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,158

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey dude, better get to work on that half shaft.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hey dude, better get to work on that half shaft.

I can multi task Frank

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Really cool Torrie. How long until it is ready for market?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Will liquid nitrogen work better than ice?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Really cool Torrie. How long until it is ready for market?

Soon once I get everything dimensionally figured out. Outside of that I just need to do more mile data collection and it will be an easy drop in replacement part.

Aug 25, 2006
Keep up the great work

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Keep up the great work

Shadowman

Trying Bill ! we have a 6 liter gain over the original piece. just trying to make it all fit and look the way I want to at the final product stage right now.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Trying Bill ! we have a 6 liter gain over the original piece. just trying to make it all fit and look the way I want to at the final product stage right now.

Literally a COOL product! I take it you have a easy access drain line to dump the hot water out after a run to make space for ice.

Aug 25, 2006

You "will" do it; larger capacity, easy to drain and refill with cold fluid, and a lid large enough to allow for ice = home run with an audience waiting.

Now as for the BlackICE comment/question I do not know however would suspect yes as long as the drain is high enough so as not to allow air to be draw into the system during the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
You "will" do it; larger capacity, easy to drain and refill with cold fluid, and a lid large enough to allow for ice = home run with an audience waiting.

Now as for the BlackICE comment/question I do not know however would suspect yes as long as the drain is high enough so as not to allow air to be draw into the system during the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

Not just that but it will exist at the back of the vehicle away from the rear tire, so yes this is all taken into consideration

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
A shot down the neck of P1

Attachments

• IMG_20100923_210501.jpg
    IMG_20100923_210501.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 287

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Not just that but it will exist at the back of the vehicle away from the rear tire, so yes this is all taken into consideration

That's great. Now if only the Mojave mile would be more flexable and allow support crew to fill it with ice just before starting the run. During the 1st Mojave mile all of the ice would have been melted because no crew were allowed after the 1st staging area and the actual runs happen at least 15 to 30 minutes later! The TX mile was setup better where someone could fill ice just before running.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Torrie,

Just wait till you see my finished portable ice maker :banana

commercial ice cart for trackside use HAHAHA

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very cool Torrie, you know Im gona want one right? ;)

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'll be glad to test one at the Texas Mile (we were talking about doing one of these but didn't get around to it).

PM me so we can setup a shipment to me.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That's great. Now if only the Mojave mile would be more flexable and allow support crew to fill it with ice just before starting the run. During the 1st Mojave mile all of the ice would have been melted because no crew were allowed after the 1st staging area and the actual runs happen at least 15 to 30 minutes later! The TX mile was setup better where someone could fill ice just before running.

Ice or not its going to help everyone.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie,

Just wait till you see my finished portable ice maker :banana

commercial ice cart for trackside use HAHAHA

You never cease to amaze me Ray.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
very cool Torrie, you know Im gona want one right? ;)

Yep !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I'll be glad to test one at the Texas Mile (we were talking about doing one of these but didn't get around to it).

PM me so we can setup a shipment to me.

Shouldn't be a problem once I finish the brackets for this one to knock another out to you