New owner with Ford GT Heritage Edition in the UK

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome to own one of the very few Heritage cars in Europe. Have fun with it. :cheers

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
I wish I could stroll over to LeMans in my Heritage:) Have fun with it.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Good to see you got the car Malcolm - I think we need to get you a smaller front number plate and bracket....

Dave

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Good to see you got the car Malcolm - I think we need to get you a smaller front number plate and bracket....

Dave

Thanks Dave, and thanks for your advise and help. I will be along to see you when the weather improves... maybe we can talk number plates then....

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
I wondered who bought this car that was advertised on pistonheads and was for sale in Dick Lovett in Swindon. Seems like you bought the car for a good price. I would be surprised if there were as many as 6 Heritage's in the U.K.

You talk about going to Le Mans, I believe the company that used to be called Roush, but is now called Mountune have organised gatherings for Ford GT owners to Le Mans. I believe the guy who organises it is called Dave Jones.

There is a person on here called Viper, who lives in the U.K who could tell you more. If you cant find him on this site go to the Jaguar owners site, Datsun Z Club site or Mustang owners club as I think he spends most of his life on these Forums.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Mal

A big congrats on getting your prestine GT!! More importantly, you've decided on the fastest color GT, ask me why I know.....;)
Like GTDrummer, I too have an office in London and, in fact, I'm due for a visit ~June. Perhaps if timing works out, all 3 of us could get together for a few pints!

GTED

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
I wondered who bought this car that was advertised on pistonheads and was for sale in Dick Lovett in Swindon. Seems like you bought the car for a good price. I would be surprised if there were as many as 6 Heritage's in the U.K.

You talk about going to Le Mans, I believe the company that used to be called Roush, but is now called Mountune have organised gatherings for Ford GT owners to Le Mans. I believe the guy who organises it is called Dave Jones.

There is a person on here called Viper, who lives in the U.K who could tell you more. If you cant find him on this site go to the Jaguar owners site, Datsun Z Club site or Mustang owners club as I think he spends most of his life on these Forums.

Thanks, we will see - Dave Jones posted right above you. I have been going to LeMans for nearly 30 years and I take a group of about 25 people so much as I would love to go with him I will probably stick to what I do .... it doesn't stop us meeting for a beer or two though

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Mal

A big congrats on getting your prestine GT!! More importantly, you've decided on the fastest color GT, ask me why I know.....;)
Like GTDrummer, I too have an office in London and, in fact, I'm due for a visit ~June. Perhaps if timing works out, all 3 of us could get together for a few pints!

GTED

I will look forward to it.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations and welcome!!! :cheers

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
mal, congratulations on a very very nice looking car. Saw her on pistonheads as well. LOVE the color !!!
I live in Sweden and we are planning on a Le Mans trip this year with two GTs and with some guys from Koenigsegg.

I will send you a PM as you seems to be the guy to know allot about these trips, 30x ^

Cheers

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
mal, congratulations on a very very nice looking car. Saw her on pistonheads as well. LOVE the color !!!
I live in Sweden and we are planning on a Le Mans trip this year with two GTs and with some guys from Koenigsegg.

I will send you a PM as you seems to be the guy to know allot about these trips, 30x ^

Cheers

Thanks - I will try and help in any way I can with your trip to Le Mans. First bit of advice - if you havent yet booked your campsite or hotel then I would get onto it soon as it can get pretty hard to get anywhere close to the circuit this late..... I booked our campsite tickets in May last year.

Cheers
Mal

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Hi Mal.........Congratulations on your fine purchase.

Lots of people are finally realising these cars are holding well here in the UK and what fantastic value they are against the usual lumps of depreciation that's available.

Not sure where you are in London but I'm in Kent, had mine over 4 years now and it's still an awesome car

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Hi Mal.........Congratulations on your fine purchase.

Lots of people are finally realising these cars are holding well here in the UK and what fantastic value they are against the usual lumps of depreciation that's available.

Not sure where you are in London but I'm in Kent, had mine over 4 years now and it's still an awesome car

I am in Keston, which is both in London and Kent - where are you?

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Sevenoks

I know Keston, we used to own the garage there on the mini roundabout.

Sounds like a catch up when the weather gets better. We organise a meet twice a year where we have a big group of like minded car nuts with some very nice cars.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Sevenoks

I know Keston, we used to own the garage there on the mini roundabout.

Sounds like a catch up when the weather gets better. We organise a meet twice a year where we have a big group of like minded car nuts with some very nice cars.

That garage is about 200 metres from my house - small world! Would love to meet up - please keep me informed. I get involved with a number of event as well so it could get busy!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Congratulations on your acquisition! Welcome to the world of one of the greatest cars and car boards around! Enjoy!

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hi

I am new on here and I have just bought a GT Heritage edition in the UK. The car was imported new in 2006 and converted to UK spec. It has had one previous owner from new and has done only 1560 miles from new.

There were no official imports on the Heritage GT and I am led to believe there are about 6 in total in the country so it it is a rare sight here.

I can,t wait for the weather to improve so I can get out and drive it.

Mal

Converted to UK specs??? does it mean you've got the steering wheel on the wrong side now?

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
... its still on the wrong side as it always has been ....

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Mal perhaps you could email me on funguschop@gmail.com

I'll mail you back with numbers etc. If you're ever bored weekdays I'm always around if you have a run out.

BelgiumGT........UK spec is just dim dip headlamps known as side lights and small turn signal lamps on the side of the front wings

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
@Viper. i was only teasing:) It's allways funny when Uk cars drive buy on the highway Brussels-Oostende. It's like sitting next to one another. Lots don't seem to bother with the speed limit. isn't belgium passing on speeding tickets?
It mustn't be easy driving such a low left hand car in the UK through traffic. I used to have a right hand drive cobra and had it converted quickly to a left hand drive.