New owner with Ford GT Heritage Edition in the UK

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Hi

I am new on here and I have just bought a GT Heritage edition in the UK. The car was imported new in 2006 and converted to UK spec. It has had one previous owner from new and has done only 1560 miles from new.

There were no official imports on the Heritage GT and I am led to believe there are about 6 in total in the country so it it is a rare sight here.

I can,t wait for the weather to improve so I can get out and drive it.

Mal

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome!!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congratulations!!! You are in for a real treat!!!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Welcome and Congratulations!!

You have a very very special car as you already know.

Fairly rare here but as you said, major rarity across the pond!!

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
congrats, enjoy the car.. take it easy with the loud peddle at first..

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
CONGRATULATIONS!

I imagine you are going bonkers waiting to get that beauty out on the open UK roads!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Be careful on the wet roads, especially if you have the original OEM Goodyears. No traction control, massive torque and old GY, (even new) don't match.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
What a pleasure it is to welcome you to the greatest brotherhood in all of cardom. Many an adventure lies ahead. As you have been told and will be told again, don't mash the loud pedal with the wheel turned. Practice squeezing that throttle as opposed to mashing it to the floor. Beware cold tires and wet roads. Blah blah blah, but still worth repeating. Heritage is a great color combo and certainly a very European flavor!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome to a new Heritage brother!!! Like Mitty said, be careful with the throttle unless you have a lot of experience with rear drive high HP/Torque cars with no nannies. Or you'll spin a cookie in the middle of the highway, or as Bill Cosby said about the Cobra, 200MPH down the highway sideways :)

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Welcome to you. What a great first post! May take a while to get used to the width of the car on UK roads, but you'll be so intoxicated by the power you won't care. Can't wait to see photos. ENJOY new friend!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
You are a lucky man. I have an office in London. Maybe one day we can have a pint. Congrats

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Welcome, and nice selection. The Gulf version is special. The forum is full of great people and resources to help you enjoy your car. Enjoy it and take care pulling out on the damp roads over there..

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome from Texas on your recent purchase. Home of the original Ford GT-40's. Doesn't get any better than that. You beginning a great ride on this forum and in your Heritage GT you'll not forget. Your hooked now, Enjoy and welcome.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
welcome and congrats

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Welcome aboard ....you made the right choice.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

There are a few other GT owners in the United Kingdom - I hope that you'll get together with them iver a pint or two, and have your own mini-rallys.

It would behoove you to get to know Steven Nesta ("MatechGT" here on the forum), as he was the PR and documentary man for the Swiss Matech Race Team when they were running the Ford GT's in GT3 and GT1. Steven lives in England.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulations and welcome!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats! Can't wait to hear about some of your great experiences from across the pond. Good health and happy miles to you.

Vince H

Last edited:

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Thanks for the welcomes and the warning about power. I have had several high powered cars with Traction aid and some less powerful ones without .. I will remember to be careful as I dont want to damage it.

I will hopefully get to use it more as the weather improves and one trip it will be doing in June is to Le Mans as I go every year ... this time it will be really special to take the GT.

Here are some pictures:WP_000406 (Medium).jpg050 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
You are a lucky man. I have an office in London. Maybe one day we can have a pint. Congrats

Would love to.