New GT effect on Values

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
A lot of people truly do not care whether the value of their GT goes up or down, as the value of the car is irrelevant to them because they will be dead when it leaves their possession.

This.

I'll either be dead, or so old I'll need too many pain killers in order to curl myself up to crawl in and out of the car to safely drive!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I guess I picture a retirement home similar to where my mom lived until age 93. It was full of 20 year old Caddys and Buicks, with all sides dented in. I can just see a GT there in 30 years.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Del Boca Vista Phase 2 has GT-friendly parking.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Originally Posted by DBK said:
A lot of people truly do not care whether the value of their GT goes up or down, as the value of the car is irrelevant to them because they will be dead when it leaves their possession.

This.

Originally Posted by jaxgt said:
I’ll either be dead, or so old I’ll need too many pain killers in order to curl myself up to crawl in and out of the car to safely drive!

I could not agree more ! I always knew DBK, Mitchell and myself thought alike!

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas

Wanna make God laugh? Plan your future...

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I love my FGT as much as any owner thats for sure and I also care about it's value. You may still love your FGT if it drops in value to $25k but don't tall me you wouldn't care. Really?

While many have no plans to sell, like noted above you plan God laughs.

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
IMO the reason people obsess about values at times has more to do with ego than the absolute monetary value of these cars….there is something nice about feeling like you "made the right call" and purchased one of very few cars that now exceed their sticker price when new in 2005-2006. This to me isn't that different than friends talking about how much they "made" in the market on a day the indices are up. They aren't actually cashing out but feel really good about their choices.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
IMO the reason people obsess about values at times has more to do with ego than the absolute monetary value of these cars….there is something nice about feeling like you "made the right call" and purchased one of very few cars that now exceed their sticker price when new in 2005-2006. This to me isn't that different than friends talking about how much they "made" in the market on a day the indices are up. They aren't actually cashing out but feel really good about their choices.

+ 1 Amir

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Another take on the forthcoming Ford Supercar..............I have quite a few non-FGT owning friends that are on the edge of their seats waiting for the first pics and specs. Not one has asked me about what the release will do to the value of my car. They're just excited about Ford potentially returning to LeMans so that they can cheer on one of their own.

You've all met them........'car guys'.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I love my FGT as much as any owner thats for sure and I also care about it's value. You may still love your FGT if it drops in value to $25k but don't tall me you wouldn't care. Really?.

For me yes, if it went to 25k, then I could buy several more.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Definitely some truth to this.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Definitely some truth to this.

No, the whole reason I asked this question is that I have 3 daughters,
1 starts medical school in 2015, one starts college in 2015, one is in graduate school, and none are married yet..and I'm not a super rich dude, so a stable value on my GT is a real comfort just in case I need to sell, although I'd like not to.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have 3 daughters,
1 starts medical school in 2015, one starts college in 2015, one is in graduate school...I'm not a super rich dude...

Oh yes you are...

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas

Man you nailed it. I am as guilty as any person of having that little bit of ego surge - it makes the car even sweeter.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
1 starts medical school in 2015, one starts college in 2015, one is in graduate school, and none are married yet..and I'm not a super rich dude, so a stable value on my GT is a real comfort just in case I need to sell, although I'd like not to.

Sorry, I wasn't giving pvxgt2's post the +2 based on your initial question, just as an insightful general observation.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
For me yes, if it went to 25k, then I could buy several more.

Assuming FGTs plummeted to $25K average value and after losing about $225,000.00 in equity/value in your average FGT that would be the smart play.

Yeah, I would buy the yellow FGT that I want immediately.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
when they hit $25k (lol), I'll buy 4.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
when they hit $25k (lol), I'll buy 4.

Really? I think you would by 1 in every color!
I would turn my Motormax collection in to real ones!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State

Count your blessings. If you have 3 daughters in those circumstances, you're rich in the things money can't buy.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Count your blessings. If you have 3 daughters in those circumstances, you're rich in the things money can't buy.

I can sure relate as I have three daughters also ages 19 to 25 with two of them in college and one recently out and now working