New GT effect on Values

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The car made so much power the race organizers restricted the size of the air inlet tube. The motor did quite well throughout all of the series races last year. My guess is any car they would campaign at LM's wouldn't run as a hybrid.

Agree! I was at the Detroit race this year observing the M. Shank/Pruitt operation. Outside of some minor teething problems (normal new car/new track) the bigger issue was tuning power delivery to that specific track ~ the engine is a monster. Spending some time in the paddock talking to the race engineers, it seems that they had it dialed back quite a bit from max. potential.

P1030026.jpg

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I wouldn't mind a view like that pic above.....

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
White elephant in the room..will the new FGT affect the value of our FGT?

Will it? Number of reason could be argued it will bring down values.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Let's wait and see what we've got first.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Yes, it will definitely affect the value of the current GT. Whether it helps or hurts it depends on a number of factors such as, units produced, styling, performance, pricing etc.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Who cares??? I own mine outa love for the car.If it was only worth 25k it wouldn’t matter to me.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Great point Ron.

I. Am keeping mine no matter what might be around the corner.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I Ford calls the new rumored car Ford GT, it will effect values downwards, smart thing to do is not to have Ford GT in the name of the 2016 car, maybe Ford Le Mans ? (Ford should know that, wether they care or not it's a different story)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
The dramatic rise over the past 3 years means for most owners the increased value is "house money" anyway. If they get down to previous prices again it's going to be new addition for me either a yellow or white.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Don't mix your metaphors. If it's a white elephant, those concerned with value have nothing to worry about. :lol

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
First, very limited production to begin with. Even less will make it to the open market. Most dealers will either keep it for themselves or mark it up big, to make it tempting to sell it. Either way, no worries for us GT owners. It's just gonna draw more attention to ours!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
What did the present Ford GT do to the value of the original? Why worry.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Don't mix your metaphors. If it's a white elephant, those concerned with value have nothing to worry about. :lol

Good point. I don't know why I picked "white elephant" as opposed to just "elephant". Maybe because a "white" elephant would draw more attention than just a plain ol' elephant????? LOL.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Who cares??? I own mine outa love for the car.If it was only worth 25k it wouldn’t matter to me.

This x 1,000,000,000.

I have to laugh reading some of the commentary around the internet surrounding new GT speculation. I would think that if the hot rumor back in 2008 or 2009 had been that there would be a new Ford GT and it would be raced at Le Mans, it would be met with nothing but excitement. I've seen some pretty funny stuff already from some GT owners unleashing hysterical declarations that "it's not true and if it is true it's gonna suck" and "they can't do it" and "nobody will buy it and it's gonna be a flop" and "my GT will be worth X" and "my GT will be worth even more because any new one would suck" etc, etc. Yikes! What a bummer that this is some people's first response! Whether something or nothing succeeds my 2006, that wouldn't change how I feel about it or entice me to lash out at a hypothetical successor.

Personally, I think anything that enhances the pedigree of a nameplate is at least potentially positive for the value of prior versions, but way more importantly, it's incredibly positive for the fact that I like Ford, the Ford GT and it's history, and I like the potential that they could be on a race track whooping ass with the 100% chance I would be there to see it if they are.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I am making plans already to be at lemans 2016! I missed it 50 yrs ago, but not this time!!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Personally, I think anything that enhances the pedigree of a nameplate is at least potentially positive for the value of prior versions, but way more importantly, it's incredibly positive for the fact that I like Ford, the Ford GT and it's history, and I like the potential that they could be on a race track whooping ass with the 100% chance I would be there to see it if they are.

I am making plans already to be at lemans 2016! I missed it 50 yrs ago, but not this time!!!

LeMans is amazing, and to have my favorite marque contesting any of the classes there would be nirvana. I hope the new car surpasses ours in every way.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
This x 1,000,000,000.

I have to laugh reading some of the commentary around the internet surrounding new GT speculation. I would think that if the hot rumor back in 2008 or 2009 had been that there would be a new Ford GT and it would be raced at Le Mans, it would be met with nothing but excitement. I've seen some pretty funny stuff already from some GT owners unleashing hysterical declarations that "it's not true and if it is true it's gonna suck" and "they can't do it" and "nobody will buy it and it's gonna be a flop" and "my GT will be worth X" and "my GT will be worth even more because any new one would suck" etc, etc. Yikes! What a bummer that this is some people's first response! Whether something or nothing succeeds my 2006, that wouldn't change how I feel about it or entice me to lash out at a hypothetical successor.

Add this quote to your list:

I hope it hurts the value of the '05-'06 GT's. I'd LOVE to buy another one cheaper than they are now! :)

Merry Christmas all,

Lance

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Anyone that says they don't care what happens to their values is talking out of the side of their mouths. Of course we care. Unless of course you like losing money, which I don't.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A lot of people truly do not care whether the value of their GT goes up or down, as the value of the car is irrelevant to them because they will be dead when it leaves their possession.