New Ford Issues straining my life long loyalty

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
As info .. I ordered and received my F250 with the gasoline 7.3L Godzilla engines.
Andy (Ajb)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Frank .
That only works for Illegals from Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia etc.
NOT trucks.
Andy (ajb)

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I was fortunate, I ordered an F-350 HO Power Stroke dually Lariat in November and got it the first of April. Has all the whistles and bells. Got Stone Gray, more of a brown, love the color. Hope Ford can keep/get their act together. I’m a very happy customer.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Well I ordered a Cybertruck in 2019 if that makes you feel any better.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
:LOL: Sorry, I just remember the glass smashing..

Last edited:

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Ford doesn’t care about the dealers and in fact wants to compete or out them. Dealers panic because of this and change their business model to do nothing but maximize profits, typically on the service side. The personal relationship that I used to appreciate that led to me buying many Fords is completely gone. Not sure if this has happened with other companies but I’m really wondering if I’ll stay loyal to Ford.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Additionally, ordered a Bronco the last time the window opened. Haven’t heard a peep. This is the world we live in. The vehicles are worth the wait to me so I’ll get them when I get them. I’m not worried about it but like everyone, I look forward to the day when things are pre 2019 on vehicle production.
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to bring up the poster child for the clusterFord era of the 2020s. So many issues ordering them....and suspiciously, dealer orders show up in the meantime and they turn into Barrett-Jackson auctioning to the highest bidder.

So people can rag on Stallantis, but they deliver units....delivered my Wrangler 392 a month ago (7 month wait), and actually got a 10% discount.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Ditto! Maybe a late '24 delivery so that will be a nice round 5 year wait. Also being told 15 month wait on a new Rangerover.....

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
What is a Cybertruck ?
Specs?
Horsepower?
Load carrying capacity?
Towing ?
Andy (ajb)

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location

It is different for sure, too avant-garde for me but I'm geezing.

Tesla stock on a roll lately, if this thing does well, much more upside.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to bring up the poster child for the clusterFord era of the 2020s. So many issues ordering them....and suspiciously, dealer orders show up in the meantime and they turn into Barrett-Jackson auctioning to the highest bidder.

So people can rag on Stallantis, but they deliver units....delivered my Wrangler 392 a month ago (7 month wait), and actually got a 10% discount.
To be fair to Ford, I ordered 8 new Fords last year and received all them in less than 6 months per order; one being a 2022 Bronco. Most came in around 4-5 months and one came in at 3 months. My 2022 Expedition was sold to me at $4,000 below invoice not window sticker due to some factory rebates. The three F-150s were sold to me at invoice less rebates. The other half were at window sticker. I did order two other Fords that I decided I didn’t need at the time so the dealer was grateful to have them to sell to the public.

Last edited:

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
What is a Cybertruck ?
Specs?
Horsepower?
Load carrying capacity?
Towing ?
Andy (ajb)
In a recent interview Jim Farley called it the Lamborghini of pickup trucks. He intended to be demeaning.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
To be fair to Ford, I ordered 8 new Fords last year and received all them in less than 6 months per order; one being a 2022 Bronco. Most came in around 4-5 months and one came in at 3 months. My 2022 Expedition was sold to me at $4,000 below invoice not window sticker due to some factory rebates. The three F-150s were sold to me at invoice less rebates. The other half were at window sticker. I did order two other Fords that I decided I didn’t need at the time so the dealer was grateful to have them to sell to the public.
Update. I ordered a 2023 Bronco in April and it arrived today.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Update. I ordered a 2023 Bronco in April and it arrived today.

A loaded Wldtrak/Braptor or base/non-Sasquatch rig?

If the former, great news!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Update. I ordered a Bronco in April from Kevin at Pat Milliken Ford and it arrived yesterday.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Could be worse. I wanted a GT in '05. It finally arrived in '20

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
A loaded Wldtrak/Braptor or base/non-Sasquatch rig?

If the former, great news!
Loaded Wildtrack, hardtop with lux package etc.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Loaded Wildtrack, hardtop with lux package etc.

That’s impressive.

That combo is not available anywhere else.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
These are the times we live in
I’m sure other manufacturers are no better

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
This is all so similar to what Ayn Rand wrote about in Atlas Shrugged. It’s almost as if she lived through it decades before…