New Ford Issues straining my life long loyalty

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Strike 1
Bought 2 new Maverick Lariat on the same day.

8 months to get 1 / The other 8 months + tracker says shipped to dealer 1 month ago.....lost and still missing.

Strike 2
Bought new Navigator 6 months ago.
Took 8 months.
Issue cracked windshield...NO windshields available anywhere and back order has no idea when or if they will ship a new one.

Strike 3
Bought New F150 Limited loaded TODAY
- Got call back, Dealer cannot even place order for the Limited or any truck with:
Must remove from order: Heated Steering wheel or back up camera or electric contour seats or security system to enter order.

Ford really falling down across the board for me. :cry: Farley wake up.

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
But on the flip side: Home Run 1 - Ford sold you a ~million dollar 2019 GT for about half the value :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I wonder how they can delete the backup camera since it is now required equipment...

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
23 F150.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
An 85K pickup truck? Un F*N believable. I went searching for a work truck to replace my 2004 Ram. Don't need anything in it except air conditioning. Couldn't find anything under 50K. Gave up.

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Wanted to buy a new Explorer ST and both local dealers gave me the same bad news. Supply chain issues continued to plague currently, and were expected to for the foreseeable future. I'm thankful to have gotten the straight talk up front. Sorry to hear of your tough times. Turned out the new model 2020 Explorer ST had issues, many of which were worked out by 2021. The 2021 hadn't the widespread supply issues. Years 2022 and anything forward had supply chain issues everywhere. Found a CPO 2021 with 14k miles in mint condition, and it seemed to be the sweet spot. Good luck!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Wanted to buy a new Explorer ST and both local dealers gave me the same bad news. Supply chain issues continued to plague currently, and were expected to for the foreseeable future.
That's complete horse shit. It's well know that the "supply chain issues" are just a tactic that car dealers and manufacturers are currently using to keep prices up. Fact of the matter is that most "supply chain issues" have been dealt with and are a thing of the past. The only reason that sales people continue to beat this drum is to create FOMO and grind you for extra dollars on your purchase. Don't fall for it.

QSS

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Thanks QSS. First, I bought a fully loaded CPO which lacked nothing. Next, I strolled the dealership while getting an oil change and saw copious window stickers on brand new vehicles with credits on factory stickers for items no available such as -$150 rear climate zone delete. Buy the package to get a few things and the Massaging Seats only to find a credit for the missing massaging seats. No available ventilated seats was another one.
These are coming from Ford factories this way last I checked. YMMV.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Supply chain issues are very, very real. Lotta cars that are 95% built sitting in parking lots waiting for parts and I don't expect it to end any time soon. Bad for everyone.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I agree with you on issues. Tried to order a new 2023 F250 but had a ton of constraints on what I could get and no idea on timing. Never ordered it and kept my F150. Bought 2 new GT500 Heritage Editions with Track Pacs. The one leaked oil from day one out of the valve cover spark plug tubes. Local Ford dealer wouldn’t service it. Found a dealer who would but the problem persisted. Called Ford several times but no support. Sold the car. Lots of comments from friends on poor quality issues, poor service issues and lack of dealer support. I would agree that Ford has their hands full with issues right now. Great engineering and design but poor production capabilities and a dealer network that isn’t in synch with the corporate direction.

Reactions: Kpgarage
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I agree with you on issues. Tried to order a new 2023 F250 but had a ton of constraints on what I could get and no idea on timing. Never ordered it and kept my F150. Bought 2 new GT500 Heritage Editions with Track Pacs. The one leaked oil from day one out of the valve cover spark plug tubes. Local Ford dealer wouldn’t service it. Found a dealer who would but the problem persisted. Called Ford several times but no support. Sold the car. Lots of comments from friends on poor quality issues, poor service issues and lack of dealer support. I would agree that Ford has their hands full with issues right now. Great engineering and design but poor production capabilities and a dealer network that isn’t in synch with the corporate direction.
This is the real problem.

QSS

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
F250 Super Duty , Crew cab, Lariat, loaded, even optional Azure gray paint … took delivery 4 weeks ago.
Was surprised that the window sticker including transportation from Louisville was
Only $68,755.00
Things may be opening up,
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: KJD

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'm glad I bought my 2021 F150 diesel when I did for two reasons: first, Ford discontinued the small diesel engine after 2021, and second, and I got all the Lariat+ many additional options that were installed on the truck when it was produced. I bought it off the lot, rather than ordering to spec, as I initially wanted to do. That order probably would have been canceled.

I also looked at the new GM pickups with their new small diesel. If I hadn't disliked the appearance and styling of GMChevy truck, there's a good chance I would have ordered one. But GM also has had numerous supply chain problems and impacts to delivery schedules and available options. So if I had placed that order, I don't know if I would have got it either.

A few months ago, I bought a new Kia Soul for my daughter as her college graduation present. I had plenty to choose from among the local dealers, and opted for the top model to get the additional safety (cameras, sensors, driving aids) and technology features. Therefore, it seems the Korean makers have a better supply of those technology components. There were enough cars on the lots that I was even able to get almost 10% off the sticker price.

However, I had to deal with the same old adversarial sales process. I decided to try an internet search with one of the car finder sites, and ended up getting a price at the same Kia dealer $2000 below what the sales guy said was his lowest price (with mandatory add-ons, "protection package" blah blah). I don't know how dealers can gracefully get out of the sales/service hole they have dug themselves into, but I know this: The next time I want to buy a new car/truck, I ain't even bothering to walk into a dealer show room again. I'll go straight to a couple of car finder sites and sit back and let dealers bid for my business.

Now, if someone can come up with a way to shop for competing bids for service though internet sites, I'll be an enthusiastic customer for that too.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Andy, did your F250 come with the gas or diesel engine?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I'm glad I bought my 2021 F150 diesel when I did for two reasons: first, Ford discontinued the small diesel engine after 2021, and second, and I got all the Lariat+ many additional options that were installed on the truck when it was produced. I bought it off the lot, rather than ordering to spec, as I initially wanted to do. That order probably would have been canceled.

I also looked at the new GM pickups with their new small diesel. If I hadn't disliked the appearance and styling of GMChevy truck, there's a good chance I would have ordered one. But GM also has had numerous supply chain problems and impacts to delivery schedules and available options. So if I had placed that order, I don't know if I would have got it either.

A few months ago, I bought a new Kia Soul for my daughter as her college graduation present. I had plenty to choose from among the local dealers, and opted for the top model to get the additional safety (cameras, sensors, driving aids) and technology features. Therefore, it seems the Korean makers have a better supply of those technology components. There were enough cars on the lots that I was even able to get almost 10% off the sticker price.

However, I had to deal with the same old adversarial sales process. I decided to try an internet search with one of the car finder sites, and ended up getting a price at the same Kia dealer $2000 below what the sales guy said was his lowest price (with mandatory add-ons, "protection package" blah blah). I don't know how dealers can gracefully get out of the sales/service hole they have dug themselves into, but I know this: The next time I want to buy a new car/truck, I ain't even bothering to walk into a dealer show room again. I'll go straight to a couple of car finder sites and sit back and let dealers bid for my business.

Now, if someone can come up with a way to shop for competing bids for service though internet sites, I'll be an enthusiastic customer for that too.
Good info on purchasing. A new truck is a new truck except for the "built on Friday before a 3 day weekend" curse. Same with a tire, spark plug, etc. Service is different, you may get what you pay for.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Going on 9+ months from ordering my 2023 Maverick Hybrid with no VIN in sight 😞 Ordered the moment the banks opened in September that afternoon (4:30 EST). And it's an XLT Hybrid with only the XLT Lux package. So nothing crazy. I'm the next in line at my old dealer I sold for, for many years. Will have to order a 2024 come July just in case I don't get pulled for production for 2023. And this is all after Ford shutting down the 2022 orders in mid November 2021, so I got shut out early there.

Personally, Ford has SO MANY retail hybrid orders in the bank, they should NOT allow any fresh 2024 orders for regular walk-ins until they satisfy and fill the orders people have been waiting for, for so long. I'm a life long Ford person, born into it as my Dad is a life long Ford guy (has several Model A's, a T, a '40 and a '66 Mustang with his 2018 F150). But I've already said it to my friends, and former coworkers. Once I eventually get my Maverick (and sell my 2019 Fusion Energi Plug-In, values of these are crazy good), the little truck will be driven till it dies and sadly, I won't be buying any more Fords after this. It will be my last (also because they don't sell sedans anymore). Farley needs to get it together!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I understand the supply side issues are real. I just resent how the majority of the dealers are taking advantage of it by bending you over and giving it to you nice and hard.

You can shear sheep over and over but you can cut them only once.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I def feel for folks trying to get a Ford truck currently. I had dumb luck buying an F250 diesel in March of 2020. Right before pandemic shutdowns, etc. There were hundreds of the 2019 model left over, all within a 100 miles of me. Got my Lariat for like 12k under sticker. Who’d have thought things would flip…lots at local dealerships are still bare. My only warranty problem was a failed NOx sensor module. Took over a year for the replacement to show up. Love the truck overall…got it to pull my JimGlo and Mk II. Runs down the road effortlessly.

Reactions: Special K

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
F250 Super Duty , Crew cab, Lariat, loaded, even optional Azure gray paint … took delivery 4 weeks ago.
Was surprised that the window sticker including transportation from Louisville was
Only $68,755.00
Things may be opening up,
Andy (ajb)
Ordered a 2023 F-250 Super Crew Platinum H.O diesel last Fall. Occasionally get an email stating they have no updates about production but stay tuned. My business partner received several emails for his King Ranch F-250; will start production in June, no wait July, no wait August, no wait stay tuned…..

Additionally, ordered a Bronco the last time the window opened. Haven’t heard a peep. This is the world we live in. The vehicles are worth the wait to me so I’ll get them when I get them. I’m not worried about it but like everyone, I look forward to the day when things are pre 2019 on vehicle production.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Can't you just put your order in at the Mexican border and your truck shows up a couple days later?

Reactions: PeteK