Jan 29, 2007
Sure...Come on down!!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am not sure what you mean by "back half" but they were replacing the muffler too so they had the clam shell removed. At two hours they only had the tranny out but I was really impressed (as were the Ford techs standing around in awe).

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
By "back half" I am referring to the clam shell and rear body paneling. Basically all of the body work behind the doors other than the air scoops.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
No they didn't go that far. I am sure that would take a while.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The car is torn apart again in case anyone wants to stop by and check it out. It truly is a remarkable car and you respect it even more when you get to see it full blown apart like this.

Kyle,

Will your car still be torn down at the end of this week?

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Kyle,

Will your car still be torn down at the end of this week?

I think it will be. We were hoping to have it back together for a track day in Fontana on Saturday. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that is going to happen though.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
No they didn't go that far. I am sure that would take a while.

OK that makes sense. We have had quite a few GT's apart now but I am sure the GT guys have learned all the tricks to taking these cars apart.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
By "back half" I am referring to the clam shell and rear body paneling. Basically all of the body work behind the doors other than the air scoops.

I was at SVT HQ during Rally I and I thought they only had to remove the airbox, clamshell, and aero panels underneath to pull a transaxle for a clutch swap. They had an engine hoist to lift out the tranny. It has been a while and that was a busy day so they could have also pulled the rear, but I don't remember them doing that.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dennis and Rich do a change out as Silver described in an average of two hours.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
That is VERY impressive. I'll have to talk to my tech's and see if they can't match that. I know right now we take apart the entire car and take the trans. completely out of the car. That is why it takes 10 hours.

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
We wanted to keep the cost reasonable so we stayed as close to stock replacement as possible. An O.E.M replacement clutch is $1,829.00. This new and improved clutch will be $1,878.00

We will have the first five clutches arriving within the next few days.

I have 11000 miles on my car now...6000 since the Hennessey pulley and tune. I have some track time on my car and last time out smelled the clutch and thought I felt it slipping. Since then in normal street use it has worked fine. I am sure it is about time for a clutch. I would like you to put my name on a clutch. You can PM for details. Tomy Hamon....will your tech install for me?

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
PM sent...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
That is VERY impressive. I'll have to talk to my tech's and see if they can't match that. I know right now we take apart the entire car and take the trans. completely out of the car. That is why it takes 10 hours.

The tranny still came out, but Before lunch the clamshell was off. When we returned from lunch the tranny was on the floor and the pressure plate and clutch was pulled. I never saw anyone working on it, so it took less time than lunch.

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
The tranny still came out, but Before lunch the clamshell was off. When we returned from lunch the tranny was on the floor and the pressure plate and clutch was pulled. I never saw anyone working on it, so it took less time than lunch.

I have clutch coming...Millen...will post thoughts