New '06 Tungsten GT Owner ....

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello all.

Just a quick note to say that I have joined the ranks with my weekend purchase of #0733 in Calgary, AB.

This forum provided an excellent source of pre-purchase information and the knowledge base (aka the ownership group) was very impressive.

I look forward to driving what has always been one of my personal dream cars. (I am also the owner of a 1972 De Tomaso Pantera (#3528) and am planning to add a '65/'66 Mustang GT convertible to the stable this summer.) The GT I purchased is a low mile beauty (just over 2,000 miles), but she won't be a garage queen. First up is a trip through the Rockies - from Calgary to the Okanagan - this upcoming Canada Day long weekend. So, if you see me along the way, let me know!

All the best, folks.

Cheers,
EA

Attachments

• 20120621_141450.jpg
    20120621_141450.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 260

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Congrats, and welcome aboard, sir! :thumbsup:thumbsup

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Excellent. Welcome! Great color.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Canadian Rockies..........does it get any more beautiful?

How are the roads there? Post pics if you can.

Welcome!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I have run the Medicine Hat / Calgary / Okanogan route many times and it is one of the most beautiful and scenic drives in the world I'm sure...however the traffic can be unbearable in July and August. We are taking the gt to Kelowna later this fall to preview my sons wedding venue and I can't wait !

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Woohoo Enjoy !

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I never get tired of seeing pics of newly acquired GT's! She is gorgeous for sure! Enjoy your newfound toy!!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congratulations. You're not even going to believe how much you're going to enjoy it!!! And for Canada day weekend, wow, so much fun. Just watch out for the speed nazi's in BC, 40k over, and they'll impound your car.

BTW, is that pic at Kulu's?

Rocky Mountain Road trips for the win!!! Make sure you photograph and write up your adventure (http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...h-in-4-GTs-%96-a-post-by-Bob-Nick-Kev-amp-Pro)

I hope to see you around this summer. And again, congrats on the buy and welcome to the club.

Attachments

• Mountain corner.jpg
    Mountain corner.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome and congrats! I live in the northern panhandle of Idaho so if you're in the neighborhood during your travels stop by and lunch is on me!

Last edited:

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Welcome Aboard. Enjoy the ride!

Sonic blue

GT Owner
Jun 1, 2007
British Columbia
Great colour choice! I have a Tungsten GT and a Red with white! I'm in Vernon BC which is on your way! Did you buy that from Kulu? He sells good cars

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I also considerd Tungsten when I bought mine as the seller had both. They both looked great as do all the colors. You will net regret you purchase.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Nice color selection too! Enjoy and , yes, send pics.

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Canadian Rockies..........does it get any more beautiful?

How are the roads there? Post pics if you can.

Welcome!

The roads are fantastic! I try to keep any "spirited" driving to the early morning.

By the way, 2112 is definitely one of my all-time fave albums ... nicely done!

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have run the Medicine Hat / Calgary / Okanogan route many times and it is one of the most beautiful and scenic drives in the world I'm sure...however the traffic can be unbearable in July and August. We are taking the gt to Kelowna later this fall to preview my sons wedding venue and I can't wait !

Cobra, we have a place at Wood Lake / Kalamalka Lake (in between Kelowna and Vernon). Let me know the dates you plan to be in the OK ... we can meet for lunch at Silver Star or one of the many wineries!

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Congratulations. You're not even going to believe how much you're going to enjoy it!!! And for Canada day weekend, wow, so much fun. Just watch out for the speed nazi's in BC, 40k over, and they'll impound your car.

BTW, is that pic at Kulu's?

Rocky Mountain Road trips for the win!!! Make sure you photograph and write up your adventure (http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...h-in-4-GTs-%96-a-post-by-Bob-Nick-Kev-amp-Pro)

I hope to see you around this summer. And again, congrats on the buy and welcome to the club.

Great photo, Superfly!

Yeah, I bought the car from Kulu. Awesome dude. He's actually stepping up for me already (prior to taking delivery) as a fused power line from the battery to the alternator was blown during a battery change. Minor issue, but he's a real pro. Two thumbs for Kulu!

I am aware (and terrified) of the 40k rule in BC. In 2010, we ran 26 Panteras from Kelowna to Calgary and logged ~2,500km thru all the remote mountains along the way. Didn't see any cops, but we also ran a scout just in case.

I look forward to seeing your car some day - a Heritage: Sweet!

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Welcome and congrats! I live in the northern panhandle of Idaho so if you're in the neighborhood during your travels stop by and lunch is on me!

For sure, Steve! I hope to make the drive from Calgary to the Okanagan via the US soon. Will keep you posted!

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Great colour choice! I have a Tungsten GT and a Red with white! I'm in Vernon BC which is on your way! Did you buy that from Kulu? He sells good cars

I saw a red GT near Vernon last summer. It was probably you!

We will be at the lake (Wood Lake) for most of the summer. Look forward to seeing your GT's! Maybe a little drive along the twisties will be in order!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Nicely done, welcome!

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I have first hand experience with the 40Kmh nightmare in BC , it has made owning a performacve car a real pain in the ass as there is a cop on every corner in BC

Great photo, Superfly!

Yeah, I bought the car from Kulu. Awesome dude. He's actually stepping up for me already (prior to taking delivery) as a fused power line from the battery to the alternator was blown during a battery change. Minor issue, but he's a real pro. Two thumbs for Kulu!

I am aware (and terrified) of the 40k rule in BC. In 2010, we ran 26 Panteras from Kelowna to Calgary and logged ~2,500km thru all the remote mountains along the way. Didn't see any cops, but we also ran a scout just in case.

I look forward to seeing your car some day - a Heritage: Sweet! Reply Reply With Quote .