My patience is gone....

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Well, finally my patience is gone. I dispatched the following letter FedEx today to all the parties mentioned in the letter. I apologize for the tone but I am tired of dealing with this. This stuff should have been handled a long time ago. :frown

June 23, 2006

William Clay Ford, Jr.
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Ford Motor Company
16800 Executive Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126

Dear Mr. Ford,

I purchased a 2006 Ford Heritage Edition GT from Quirk Ford in Quincy Massachusetts on April 21, 2006.

Quirk Ford did not provide any of the original manuals or documentation with the car. I have spoken with the owner, Thomas Quirk several times about this. He has promised to send me the original manuals and documents, but I have received nothing.

Also, the rear diffuser was damaged at the time I took delivery of the car; it had only 1.8 miles on it. I have also spoken with Thomas Quirk about this matter. Mr. Quirk agreed that the diffuser was damaged before my taking delivery of the car in a phone conversation on May 11, 2006. He has since recanted his conversation with me and refused to do anything about it.

In addition, Quirk Ford made a mistake when filling out the MSO. The California DMV will not allow me to register the car in California due to this error. Once again Quirk Ford promised this matter would be finally resolved this week, and it has not.

As of this date, all I have received from Quirk Ford are broken promises and unreturned phone calls. I have spoken with Ford GT customer assistance on four occasions, and they have not resolved any of these matters as well.

I own a brand new Ford GT with no documentation or books, arrived damaged from the selling dealer, and cannot register the car in my home state. So far I have made two payments of $1,553 each on a car I can’t drive. If Ford cannot support the vehicle, then we should make arrangements for the full refund of my purchase price. If this is the case, please advise me when and where that car can be returned.

Thank You,

Cc: Darryl Hazel, President Ford Customer Service Division
Thomas Quirk, Owner, Quirk Ford
Thos L. Bryant, Editor-In-Chief, Road & Track Magazine
Csaba Csere, Editor-In-Chief, Car and Driver Magazine
Administrator, Ford GT Forum (posted on www.fordgtforum.com)

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Yes, got that (car cover and misc. parts), no books or documentation. They have been promising them for two months, and I keep thinking it's coming anyday. Guess not. That's the least of my worries at this point.

I thought I would start out with this letter and not get too ballistic yet. If I don't get these problems solved fairly quickly after this, I will do much more than just send it to the local TV and newspaper stations. My daughter is in the media business, and she has offered to alert every newspaper, TV station, and automotive publication in the U.S. if necessary. Hoping this can get resolved before I start launching a nuclear war against Ford. We'll see.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
What a pain in the A*&%! I am so sorry you have had to deal with this. If I learned one thing from Chevrolet dealers regarding my recently traded C6 corvette, they ain't Lexus or Porsche. I don't think most American car dealers are accustomed to dealing with the exotic sports car...but, in reality, the dealership should have done more for you even if your purchase had been a Ford Fusion! Fortunately, my relationship with my local Ford dealer has been great (other than a rare phone call thanking me for my purchase of a mustang!). I hope things work out! :thumbsdow

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
What is wrong with the documentation. Please answer fully.
For what it is worth I have never seen an issue with a dealer get resolved on a forum. Just gets everyone's clit up in the air.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
The car had only 1.8 miles on it when I took delivery and had it inspected at the DMV here in California. However, the dealer stated it had 15 miles or something like that on the back of the MSO. The California DMV saw the discrepancy they refused to register the car stating how could the same car have more miles on a previous date? All the dealer has to do is file a "Statement of Error" with the DMV here in California and issue a new MSO with the correct mileage so everything matches.

As far as resolving a dealer issue here on the forum I have absolutely no hopes of that occurring. This just to inform others to help them. However, I have resolved past dealer issues with an all out media attack before. When you start to inform thousands to millions of their possible customers about stuff like this, things get done rapidly. The pace upon which that occurs depends on Ford's response.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Keep in mind even if Bill Ford himself called the dealer, the dealer could always choose to tell him to go **** himself and absolutely nothing would get done. The missing documentation, the damaged diffuser, and the incorrectly filled out MSO are all issues caused by Quirk Ford.

What is the exact documentation you are missing. Is it the owners manual? The portfolio book? Many have not received their portfolio book, cover, charger, etc. because dealers have kept them as personal trophies(unsurprisingly). Have you told the people at Ford(not Quirk) EXACTLY what is missing and can they simply not order it for you? What other docummentation is there besides those two items.

I'd think the damage to the diffuser and the MSO issue would be appropriately handled between a lawyer and Quirk. The car, I'm sure, was sold by Ford directly to Quirk. It should say as much on the lower left of your window sticker. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but if your dealer screwed up your car and your paperwork, threatening the manufacturer that sold it to them will probably just make you worry and not get much done. I'm sure Ford can handle the documentation portion, but the reality is that I don't know how they could reasonably be expected to resolve errors caused by a privately owned dealership. It's ridiculous that Quirk hasn't immediately rectified the MSO issue, and of course, unsurprising yet another dealer has managed to damage a diffuser.

Good luck, and I will forward your info to people I know in the hopes we can help you obtain the documents that come with each car.

p.s what are the last four digits of your VIN (this will help getting documents probably)

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Sorry to hear that. I live near Quirk Ford in MA and went to go see the car while it was at the dealer. They dont have the best reputation in my neck of the woods. If theres anything you want me to do, Ide be happy to go to the dealer and try to sort things out

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
removed by poster

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the help guys. First, I have a fleet of lawyers who advise me. Secondly, you can only get sued for saying something untrue, or should I say successfully sued. Thirdly, in fact I personally have fairly deep pockets myself and no car dealership I have ever known has the financial power to whisk me off the table. The loan on my car is for personal financial reasons not because I don't have the cash to buy it outright.

Everything I have said is completely true. If someone wants to test my resolve, they will find that I will not back down ever, never. I have a much "storied" history on this type of situation of which I cannot go into, as I have signed a non-disclosure agreement from a previous engagement. If someone gets serious, they will check my recent past and find that I am a formidable foe even for the likes of Ford. If anything, that check into my past should convince anyone to settle the matter quickly.

With that said, I am not looking for a fight. I want the issues with my car repaired. That is all. I have tried the honey and no one is listening. I am prepared to dial up the heat to whatever it takes to get the issues resolved. And, as my past proves, I can bring the heat.

The last 4 digits on my car are 0924. I welcome any help in a successful, peaceful resolution of this matter as that is all I have ever wanted from the beginning. The MSO should be resolved fairly easily as soon as someone decides to solve the problem. I won't settle for anything but the correct books and documents that are supposed to come with the car, including and not limited to the leather cover, tire warranty info, etc. that does not come in the Helm packets. And, someone other than me is going to pay for a new diffuser no matter what. I did not damage the diffuser, my transporter did not damage the diffuser, and I will not be bullied by anyone over the issue.

I don’t like conflict, it’s a lot of trouble, but I’m also not going to just let someone off the hook because of it. Enough said.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I thought the tone of your letter was quite measured given the lack of appetite for service that your dealer has demonstrated.

Here in the UK the laws relating to Libel and Defamation would appear to be the same as you suggest in that if what you say is true or 'fair comment' then it would defeat any litigation. Secondly if you more widely distribute the information on the basis of others having an interest in the subject (your duty to inform them), that would also defeat any claim.

Hopefully someone at Ford will have a quiet word with the dealer and tell them to sharpen up their act - Ford will not want their reputation tarnished by poor dealer servicing. The parts you are missing and the damaged part are both easy to recitify.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
That's a real bummer dude! I'm an Acura dealer and that crap would NEVER go on @ our store. If they are being that difficult about such silly items then your shoveling the s___ against the tide. It sounds like you're well represented so let the lions out of the cage and make them squirm. The unfortunate thing is that you are so far away that you can't make them miserable by stopping by everyday in person and spreading bad word of mouth which is the do all end all when it comes to the car business or any business for that matter. Curious why you bought so far from home, trouble finding one closer to the west coast? Good luck, this s___ shouldn't happen be it a Ford Focus or a GT. My sympathy is with you. BD40

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
On the MSO - Any chance that a decimal point was missed?

1.5 on a 1.8 (after transport seems reasonable...)

Sounds like something that could be easily "corrected" by you with the right colored pen....

Just a thought - Trying to help you get the beast on the road (not suggesting fraud of course!)

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
My suggestion would be to tell the DMV that the car has 18 miles on it, get it registered with the State, get your tags and stickers, remove the damaged diffuser and enjoy the car.

Have your attorneys battle it out with the dealership... we're not talking enormous money here... not enough to warrant a major lawsuit and the ensuing pain, frustration and anguish caused by such.

btw... I can't believe the dealership just doesn't order the new diffuser, books and manuals... and move on... Jeeze, wtf? is wrong with them?? :thumbsdow

Good Luck

mardyn

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Try the better business bureau of your home state, that might resolve it even quicker. Send them a letter complanining about the dealership and document everything.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
CA DMV complaint dept. is the way to go

rickisapilot

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
ETW said:
Sorry to hear that. I live near Quirk Ford in MA and went to go see the car while it was at the dealer. They dont have the best reputation in my neck of the woods. If theres anything you want me to do, Ide be happy to go to the dealer and try to sort things out

Helpful people like ETW are what makes this forum so great! GT people are cooler than their cars!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
rickisapilot said:
Helpful people like ETW are what makes this forum so great! GT people are cooler than their cars!

come on give ETW a break, he has built up creditbility just by his post count...
:bs

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
ETW said:

Thanks ETW for the offer! However, I don't want to cause anyone else trouble, so I think I should handle this myself.

Lots of nice people on this forum, thank you.

I have seen the past posts on what is not included in the Helm manuals. Can anyone elaborate further to be sure I get everything?

Thanks Again.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I really don't see what this has to do with ford, good luck anyway.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
abolfaz said:
I really don't see what this has to do with ford, good luck anyway.

Everything... Thanks.