My garage before and after pics

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Still some trim work to do, then cabinets and a lift.

5D3_4544.jpg

5D3_4545.jpg

5D3_4546.jpg

Attachments

• 5D3_4558.jpg
    5D3_4558.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 5D3_4560.jpg
    5D3_4560.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,064

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
5D3_4561.jpg

5D3_4556.jpg

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Looking good! I really want to do something with my floor and am debating the staining vs painting..........

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I just did the marble look with "flake on flake" followed by a polyurethane clear coat in my new garage building. Looks good with a no slip texture.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Nice big wide door.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Looking good Gary

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Very nice

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Looking good.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Nice Gary. Now time for some artwork.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Love the floor.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Looks nice, I like the floor. How high is your garage ceiling? I'd like to put a lift in mine too, but my ceiling is only eight foot.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You guys with the fancy epoxy floors are making me jealous. I guess the oil stained, chipped and cracked concrete look is no longer in style. :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
9' 4". I need to get the garage door tracks raised and possibly relocate the opener.

Edit: 10' 4"

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
9' 4". I need to get the garage door tracks raised and possibly relocate the opener.

Side (wall mounted ) opener is the was to go. Nothing in the middle.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks nice!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Side (wall mounted ) opener is the was to go. Nothing in the middle.

+1! So much quieter, too.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

yes I did the same thing when we were doing the garage, look into craftsmen sidemount opener, comes with remote lights and cable tension detector as an extra safety measure in addition to the laser lights at the bottom of the door. it also comes with real locks! when the garage doors are down a solenoid will actually push a pin through a designated area made for it in the tracks. so there is no way you can open the garage door. also you can disengage the opener for any reason and you can open and close the garage door to any place and reengage it and it will remember the position of the door and will automatically adjust itself, another words once you set it up for the first time that will be the last time.

garage pics 074.jpg

garage pics 063.jpg

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Nice! Thanks for the advice and pics. That is exactly what I need.

I actually have 10' 4" ceiling. That should be enough to get the car lifted to a good working height. Especially since roketman and I see eye to eye.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
^^^ Nice! Thanks for the advice and pics. That is exactly what I need.

I actually have 10' 4" ceiling. That should be enough to get the car lifted to a good working height. Especially since roketman and I see eye to eye.

thanks, make sure you raise your tracks enough to get the car cleared when its high on the lift that way you can open and close there doors without having to move the car up and down on the lift.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Another suggestion: Consider wiring network connections to each opener. I have a nifty program on my iPhone, and I can remotely operate any door on my house that way. Comes in handy for letting service workers (or anybody else) into the house if I need to while I'm away. I have cameras inside too, so I can make sure they leave the cars alone! They call me when they arrive, and I can just push a button to let them in. It is all tied into my home security system that way also. I have 9 garage doors on my house, and I really didn't want to carry that many remotes around in each car, as I don't park each car in the same spot every time. This is an elegant solution.