My Door Fell Off Today!

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Carbon

I put Kip's CF door rings on this weekend. I love the look. After owning a Ferrari F430 for a month, this is the way the GT should have come. I now have the 4 piece CF aero kit, the non-Mac CF engine cover pocket panel, And, Kip's CF door rings. Just waiting for Kip's CF gage panel and I will be done. I like the OEM mag. tunnel. IMO it looks like a structural element in the car. Not as far along as Bony, but I'm getting there.

Kip, your CF pieces look fantastic. Thanks for contributing to our community.

Hey thanks, PHXGT

Glad you like the parts.
You do need the 'Bony bin' for that mag console, however....

Cheers
Kip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jay,
I sent the guy on a vacation after a couple of warnings. We will not allow a newbie to come on board and make negative comments on other brands of cars. Maybe he will get it and be back. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other. His behavior does not fly here.

Hope all is well with you.
God Bless America,
daniel

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey thanks, PHXGT

Glad you like the parts.
You do need the 'Bony bin' for that mag console, however....

Cheers
Kip

Hello Kip,
How far away are we from the pannel piece? Need a CF fix urgently.
I have been pretty mean and kicking guys off the forum. CF has a calming effect on me.:thumbsup Please Mr. Kip:biggrin
God Bless America,
bony:thumbsup

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Kip!

Kip, we really do appreciate your comments and sharing your development experience with us all. Thanks as always!

Now give Bony his CF fix so he will calm down!!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Bony's car has so much CF on it I noticed his car was hitched to a post at a local restaurant so it wouldn't float off...

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Bony and Carbon Fiber

Kip, we really do appreciate your comments and sharing your development experience with us all. Thanks as always!

Now give Bony his CF fix so he will calm down!!!

Actually, it is getting to be an issue.

Just tonight, there was a gang of guys in flannel shirts standing outside the shop screaming about Bony's "carbon emissions". They were demanding his address, so that they could go reduce his "carbon footprint".

I held my ground... They won't bother you, Bony.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Kip!

Did the ten cases of Makers Mark show up yet at the Ewing CF Factory??

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Nsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
Even the NSX, the best sports car ever built had issues in the first 2 years of production that were a lot... :)

Is this a joke?

I don't think so. The NSX with a well setup chassis (Not to mention the killer NSX-R) was about the best thing out in the early 90's. There was a circlip/retainer problem on the transmission. This affected the early models. My 2000 NSX-T is not as nimble as the earlier cars due to the targa top which decreased chassis stiffness somewhat. The NSX (dual VTEC) engine runs like a swiss watch (for those of you old enough to remember what that really means!). The 8,000+ RPM redline and an excellent gearbox makes it a joy to drive, however, this was back in the days when a 3 liter engine was acceptable in a sports car. Also, the engine will easily do 250,000 miles before a rebuild is needed. Last time I took mine in for a smog test, it registered zero output on HC and Nox tests. The technician says that he only sees a car do that about once a year. I think in the year 1996, it was rated the most reliable car on the road (J.D. Powers???).

In closing, I would hate to part with mine.

Jay
GTsaver

Thanks Jay for the description and summative evaluation of your NSX. I never knew much about these cars, but always admired their looks. Now I know they go as well as they show! Do you know how many have been produced?