Mulally on CNBC Kramer now

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Apparently Joey didn't read post 29 before he decided drive and learn at the same time. Shame on the salesman for not doing his job explaining My Ford Touch. Buying Japanese or German vehicles is a great way to help our unemployment rate.:rolleyes

Dave you are correct about the new Explorer. We are selling them as fast as we can get them, and their built without our tax dollars!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I drove the new Explorer and Edge and was very impressed with both, although I liked the Edge better because of its smaller dimensions. I'm not tech savvy at all, but after a brief introduction I was able to operate the center stack on both without a problem. What really amazed me was how intuitive the controls were for my son. I'm sure these technology packages appeal greatly to younger buyers for obvious reasons. As the quality gap between the various manufacturers continues to narrow, design and features will sell cars. Ford has both in spades.

As for European cars, the perceived overall superiority and quality of the European brands is one of greatest myths in the auto business. Additionally, the cost of repairs and parts are too high for someone like me that operates a vehicle until the wheels fall off.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Joey:

Looks like you are not the only one having problems with the new Ford mytouch screen.

Today's Toronto Globe and Mail had an article titled "Ford's Touch is a tad too tough: are tutorials on tap"

"Ford has taken so much heat about its advanced MyFord/MyLincoln Touch systems being overly complicated and potentially distracting that the company is debating whether to formalize a class after the traditional delivery walkaround to better explain it to customers, though some dealers are quietly suggesting that perhaps the system itself needs to be reworked.

Jim Farley, Ford’s group vice-president of global marketing, sales and service, recently told industry trade publication Automotive News that many of its upcoming advanced technologies may take time to learn, whether it’s new electrification driving or plug-in methods, the Microsoft Sync system that can wirelessly connect your car to your phone or iPod, or the latest Touch systems, which replaces the buttons and dials on the entire centre stack with touch-sensitive screens and sliders. "

Here is the link

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...oo-tough-are-tutorials-on-tap/article1900415/

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Jim F. just call "scode" he has the manual.......:lol:lol this was tooo easy.....love ya......gtjoey1314

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, I'll tell you what's too easy: Explorer sales up 73%, fastest turnover of any vehicle on the Ford lot, another $3 billion in debt retired today.

Some people can figure out how to drive, and others are still wondering since 1987 why their VCR is blinking 12:00.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
That's correct Dave, we cant keep them in stock. The other good news is that Chicago Assembly is adding a 3rd shift putting more Americans back to work to keep up with demand.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Number 1 ........How do I fix the 12 oclock on the vcr?
Number 2 ...... Ellies got something coming for the baby, pm to make sure you got it...
Number 3.........Scode, I only wish you the best.....
Number 4...........This should be the first ' BUMP POST' to fade,:thumbsup
Number 5..............Its a sure bet GTJIMMY is going to have too much after dinner drinks and chime in and we wont know what the hell he's talking about:eek :lol
Number 6.........Then..After gtjimmy sends all of us wacky pm's dont blame me......ive gotten them too....
Number 7.......I just got the 8 dollar magnifying glasses at 125X ....WOW I DONT NEED CAPS ANYMORE:biggrin
Number 8....With all the crap going on in the world and the U.S. in total collapse, I love all of you ........Im tired of snow...tired of the cold, nardo cant even get a haircut, and as I stare at the vcr blinking 12 oclock.....
I hope Ford sells 6 billion explorers....a week ...a day...a minute....
But admit it...this has been one of the best posts going back and forth since the Bony days....NO?
LOVE YA....GTJOEY1314.....okay gtjimmy stir the s#@t now.....go ahaead pump up chip.....Cant wait till tomorrows pm's...:biggrin

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Number 1....................You don't fix the VCR. Just throw it away :wink
Number 2....................Ellie is so nice. Isn't she?:thumbsup
Number 3....................Yes Scode, I wish you all the best too. PLEASE sell tons of Explorers since I still own all of my FORD stock and am waiting for a dividend.:thumbsup:usa
Number 4....................Yes, let all the ridiculous chatter between you and DBK just fade away:bored
Number 5....................Wrong my friend! It's actually 11:10am and having another cup of Cuban coffee!:willy
Number 6....................Nothing like calling it like it is! (ha,ha!):lol Besides, since the gas station attendant who is watching this thing 24/7 has threatened to give me 10 more demerits if I don't refrain from using members last names he will ban me for life(ooowh, I'm shakin in my boots!):devil:tap:BTW...Selective censorship and total bull since I see your name (first & last) and Gino's name (first and last) and many others in prior posts.Sad that's the best excuse he can come up with.:thumbsdow
Number 7....................GTJOEY, I told you,,,throw the VCR away!:willy
Number 8....................OK my dear friend from the other side of the harbor,,,stirring the s#@t as directed! :bananaI would have liked to have met Bony since so many members speak so fondly of him and seem to miss him very much.
GTJIMMY's signing off now(and maybe forever if you know who has his way).
PS::agree:While I agree with Scode that taking profits from sales of (mostly) Japanese & German cars out of the country doesn't help our economy overall , I can't help but think how all of those folks employed at the BMW plant in S.C. and the Hyundai plant in Macon ,GA and the Toyota plant in TN would feel if they were unemployed. Would they be able to get a job with GM or Ford? Maybe we shouldn't be blaming our current economic situation on a few foreign car plants scattered throughout the South; maybe we should be trying to figure out a way to punish:dead: those who were the real architects of this mess....The greedy investment bankers & power brokers of Wall Street......:thumbsdow

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hi jimmy, looks like your back from 2 weeks in Japen....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH did you see Godzilla....:biggrin DBK and I were trying to hit 1200 hits for this post, looks like we made it....:lol
Hows gtforum parole been....:lol If you print bad words or death threats does it shock your key board:lol:lol
Im watching danica patrick and dale jr win the arca race even though there not in the race......:lol:lol
no seriously they are the greatest.......kbusch ect...ect....
stay calm my friend ciaro is coming to central park reallllll soon.....get agent oranges truck ready........enjoy gtjoey1314:thumbsup

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
My Dear Friend Joey Lim@%#*li (who works at @#% Management Co.),:biggrin

Japan was fantastic. Go figure,,no trash along the highway, no graffiti on the buildings, and get this...I didn't see a car with a dent or ding. Maybe that's why I didn't see a body shop either. They just don't run into other drivers over there. You know, it's that courtesy thing. :thumbsup

No FORD GT's in sight but I did see a young Japanese rebel in a 4.6 V-8 left hand drive Mustang GT in black running around Kagoshima!:driving:

Back home and looking forward to a 2-by-2, by-2, by-2, by-2 Daytona race next week.:box::driving:

Regards,
Mr. 10 pointer...!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Read the other thread we started on nascar, its funny, then this wont bump up and dbk wont have to shock your keypad....look what I posted about Danica...its a classic...gtjoey1314 too bad no 2x2, they cut the air out......gtjoey1314

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Where is the post?

H

HHGT

If we had a "useless Info" thread, this would win it. I'll go watch the paint dry now.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If we had a "useless Info" thread, this would win it. I'll go watch the paint dry now.

or the grass grow....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Or the flowers bloom.....:biggrin

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
:lolHHGT and Ralphie,,,,,

You gotta admit, you both read it! ,,,,And posted!:banana
So I guess it got your attention...And, you need to be able to read between the lines. I guess neither one of you attended LeMans......:ack

If you don't find our I-talian humor entertaining then don't read it or post. Understand, GTJOEY and I are experiencing "cabin fever". Still too much damn snow on the ground here......:thumbsdow It will all stop when the leaves return to the trees here on Long Island......:thumbsup

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
BTW...I guess you guys have never attended a GT's @ The Barn event either........:frown
Boy can Joey throw a party!!:thumbsup