Mulally on CNBC Kramer now

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Saying all the right things. Bright guy. Can't stand Kramer, pompous buffoon, but Mulally really coming across as a dynamic leader.:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Genuine guy......now build something of quality...hoping the new explorer lives up to its hype......its coming in about 2 weeks.........the mkx and the mks I bought for my wife and parents are not good to say the least.............:thumbsdow gtjoey1314/06 lt great/great truck:thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's weird. I've had 3 MKX's and an MKS and never had a single problem with any of them, and I'm not kind with daily drivers.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
That's weird. I've had 3 MKX's and an MKS and never had a single problem with any of them, and I'm not kind with daily drivers.

Maybe the NJ boyz are harder on the equipment.

Hard to believe anything could be worse however than Detroit roads.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Im all Ford Blue oval blood my friend, but the recalls, dont lie....Im hoping the New explorer I ordered doesnt have the tranny blow up,rear suspension recalled, doors and windows open at will after the car is off or the seat bolsters power switch units fall off the mks, all are very documented with Ford , just build a better product not looking to make waves....My son just picked up the VW C/C want to compare it to a taurus? $325 a month 2,200 down stick/loaded 30 plus miles to the gallon VERY SLEEK LOOKING and ALL maintenance for the 3 year lease is 100% covered.......Hopefully the new explorer is GREAT , like my LT....If not the Turag/infinity/lexus is on the way......its the same price......Im not breaking stones , just tired of not up to par.....we ahev enough of that every day......I think on another note VW will be the number one sales car next year , there product for all the people is really good..........gtjoey1314.........

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Dave, I really wanted Gino to jump in on this post so it dies.............:lol:lol:lol:lol gtjoey1314

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I'm not getting in the middle of this.............I am totally a Ford Guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,from my first new car (1968 shelby KR) , to the 7 new mustangs I have now.........Keep me out of this....................but, no matter what , I still love you Joey.......now go to your room...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I'm not getting in the middle of this.............I am totally a Ford Guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,from my first new car (1968 shelby KR) , to the 7 new mustangs I have now.........Keep me out of this....................but, no matter what , I still love you Joey.......now go to your room...

You have the balls of a neutered chipmunk my friend...an old neutered chipmunk my friend. Thank you for ending this thread..ps. dont call me the next time your plugs foul on the f350 deisel....:biggrin gtjoey1314 remember capo d tupo capo.....ciao...ciao..:bored

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Im all Ford Blue oval blood my friend, but the recalls, dont lie....Im hoping the New explorer I ordered doesnt have the tranny blow up,rear suspension recalled, doors and windows open at will after the car is off or the seat bolsters power switch units fall off the mks, all are very documented with Ford , just build a better product not looking to make waves....My son just picked up the VW C/C want to compare it to a taurus? $325 a month 2,200 down stick/loaded 30 plus miles to the gallon VERY SLEEK LOOKING and ALL maintenance for the 3 year lease is 100% covered.......Hopefully the new explorer is GREAT , like my LT....If not the Turag/infinity/lexus is on the way......its the same price......Im not breaking stones , just tired of not up to par.....we ahev enough of that every day......I think on another note VW will be the number one sales car next year , there product for all the people is really good..........gtjoey1314.........

So you're telling me that the transmissions blew up and the windows and doors open at random when the car is off? Really? The windows and doors open at random when the car is off? I'm sorry, but that sounds like user error or wizardry. I've driven tens of thousands of miles in those cars never had a single problem, let alone anything crazy like that. I'd like to see that documentation. But beyond anecdotal evidence...

Do you know how many brands Lincoln trailed in the 2010 JD Power reliability rankings? One, Porsche.

Industry average is 155 problems per 100 vehicles in the first 3 years ownership. Lincoln scored 114, Porsche 110. Volkswagen scored near the bottom at 225 and was ranked among the least reliable and least quality vehicles in a seperate JD Power owner survey. Out of the 37 brands in the survey, only Suzuki and Land Rover scored as being more problematic than Volkswagen. I'm not big on recalls, because everyone gets hit with them in a world where cars are supposed to be a) perfect and b) foolproof with increasingly shortened product cycles...but you know what I'm going to say about Lexus/Toyota right? 16 major recalls covering over 10 million cars in 2010. But hey, what can I say, I'm a sucker for hard data.

I got a new Explorer a while ago and it's a really great vehicle. Which of course means yours will apparently turn into KITT and drive itself into wall. :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Do you think anyones catching on yet that where stirring the pot to get more views.....:lol:lol:lol
Just please admit to everyone that the minute Gino posts something the thread dies.....:lol
Are you going tonite to the show...Marcie/Klor and the rest are over there now.....:thumbsup
I hope for Ford the new Explorer is as good as they say, we ordered it a month ago :thumbsup gtjoey1314/all ford/burying me in the model A/ only if dennis B./gtguys dies first....:biggrin

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Dave so everyone knows im not breaking your stones...the phantom windows tsb is 08-26-5.dec12 2008.....there are over 37 tsb's on the mkx.
Just type in 2007 or 2008 mkx windows just come down by themselves and ALOT of threads pop up one women calling the car christine, like my wife and rich brookes wife....I LOVE FORD, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE FORD.....They have a huge opportunity to conquer DONT BLOW IT.......gtjoey1314/ford forever...p.s. 3 peoples back hatch opened by themselves....after they were closed and turned off......im not kidding...it really had to do with the global tracking.......but scary..

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
www.fixya.com/cars/t3054816-sunroof_front_windows_mysteriously Joey was right.... there are many more of the same.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A friend with a BMW also had phantom windows and sunroof that would open and close without user input. Never fixed, since the problem was intermittent and never reproduced by the dealer. Sam is loving this! Maybe it was RFI interference from his iPhone.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
So you're telling me that the transmissions blew up and the windows and doors open at random when the car is off? Really? The windows and doors open at random when the car is off? I'm sorry, but that sounds like user error or wizardry. I've driven tens of thousands of miles in those cars never had a single problem, let alone anything crazy like that. I'd like to see that documentation. But beyond anecdotal evidence...

Do you know how many brands Lincoln trailed in the 2010 JD Power reliability rankings? One, Porsche.

Industry average is 155 problems per 100 vehicles in the first 3 years ownership. Lincoln scored 114, Porsche 110. Volkswagen scored near the bottom at 225 and was ranked among the least reliable and least quality vehicles in a seperate JD Power owner survey. Out of the 37 brands in the survey, only Suzuki and Land Rover scored as being more problematic than Volkswagen. I'm not big on recalls, because everyone gets hit with them in a world where cars are supposed to be a) perfect and b) foolproof with increasingly shortened product cycles...but you know what I'm going to say about Lexus/Toyota right? 16 major recalls covering over 10 million cars in 2010. But hey, what can I say, I'm a sucker for hard data.

I got a new Explorer a while ago and it's a really great vehicle. Which of course means yours will apparently turn into KITT and drive itself into wall. :lol

You know as we get older and a little wiser its easier to say" I was wrong", "I APOLOGIZE", 'YOUR RIGHT", " I LOVE YOU"..........but it happens, now a days at this age im always wrong....gtjoey1314:biggrin

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Gino just made a bet for a dollar if you were......well you know...gtjoey

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
It's called "Global Open". Read your owners manual Joey! It's also too bad your dealer didn't know about that feature. It is supposed to help cool off the car before you get into it on a hot day. This feature first appeared on the Mustang in 2005.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Dead wrong my friend....I was the first person to call my wife every name in the book, menopause etc.....Go to the web and type in "2007 OR 2008 LINCOLN MKX WINDOWS GO DOWN BY THEMSELVES" IT DOESNT MATTER THE YEAR ITS THROUGH 2009.There is a problem with the insync a satelite is beaming back a frequency out of nowhere unlocking and OPENING WINDOWS,MOON ROOFS AND TRUNCK LIDS...
There is over 10,000 hits and 37 tsb's on the mkx....someone wanted the facts and im just the messemger .
Again the windows and moonroof would be closed at night , only to wake up that they opened by themselves.....its VERY,VERY WELL DOCUMENTED.....
This has nothing to do with the 2 or 3 second hold down to release hot air in the summer.
gtjoey1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If it's anything like the way you operate on Ford GT Forum, you'll have to throw out 9,000 of those hits from you calling people to bump it. :lol The forum, which is a really small website in the context of things, gets over 2,000,000 page views a month. No, but seriously, I'm having a hard time finding anything on the internet using that search. Mostly it's someone asking the question and then people advising them they likely accidentally hit the button. Usually when something is very well documented, it's pretty easy to find using Google.

And like I said, Lincoln still scores better than anybody but Porsche when it comes to problems per 100 vehicles. My experience with the 3 MKX's I've had and the MKS I had seem to support that.

J.D. Power Ranks Porsche Tops in Reliability, Lincoln Second

Published March 18, 2010 | AP

NEW YORK - Porsche shot to the top of a closely watched study of long-term vehicle dependability, overtaking U.S. and Japanese rivals, J.D. Power and Associates said Thursday.

The German sports car brand took the No. 1 spot in the annual study, which gave it ninth place last year. Lincoln came in second, while Buick and Lexus tied for third. Mercury and Toyota rounded out the top five.

The annual study measures problems experienced by the original owners of vehicles after three years. In last year's study, Buick and Jaguar tied for fewest problems, but both brands lost ground to rivals this year.

Toyota, whose reputation has come under scrutiny in the face of massive recalls, fell two spots from its third-place standing last year. While average vehicle quality across the industry improved from last year's survey, Toyota's quality score fell slightly.

However, the Japanese nameplate still swept four segment awards, more than any other brand. Japanese rival Honda took three segment awards, while Ford Motor Co.'s Lincoln brand took two awards.

The industry average was 155 problems per 100 vehicles, J.D. Power said, or less than two problems per vehicle. That's a decline from 167 problems per 100 vehicles last year.

"The improvements in long-term dependability and component replacement rates are good news for both consumers and manufacturers," said David Sargent, vice president of global vehicle research for J.D. Power, in a statement.

J.D. Power's 2010 dependability study surveyed more than 52,000 original owners of 2007 model-year vehicles between October and December 2009. The results are watched closely by automakers and are often used in advertising. Owners' opinion of a car after three years can be a major influence on their opinion to buy that brand again.

The firm also releases an initial quality study, which measures problems in the first 90 days of ownership. That study usually comes out in June.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010...ops-reliability-lincoln-second/#ixzz1B1dcZ8x7

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's called "Global Open". Read your owners manual Joey! It's also too bad your dealer didn't know about that feature. It is supposed to help cool off the car before you get into it on a hot day. This feature first appeared on the Mustang in 2005.

Keith, as someone who works at a dealer, have you ever heard of that platform doing that?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Common issue according to many owners.