Matech at Le Mans - what colour...

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Well, if the team cars have to be the same I would go with the winning 1966 GT40 livery colors black with silver stripes and rocker panel stripes and gold colored wheels or Mark IV red with white stripes to match the 1967 Dan Gurney GT40 that won 1st overall and first in class.

A third choice and perhaps the most intriguing would be the livery colors of the Ken Miles 1966 LeMans GT40 in powder blue with orange fender accents and white stripes. This livery is clearly legend and honors one of the greatest drivers of all time and most importantly a driver that contributed GREATLY to the development of the GT40. A win in this color livery would clearly be a tribute to Miles who was robbed of the triple crown and should have won first place in 1966 but for corporate politics. It would be a great jesture and tribute and allow his colors to finally triumph at LeMans. Unfinished business so to speak. How cool would that be. Just a thought.

Any of the above color combinations would be very cool and it would clearly say a legend has returned once agan to LeMans. A win with the car in those colors would be UNREAL!!!! History repeating itself!

While I like the Gulf colors and configuration, I wouldn't do the car in those colors and configuration unless Gulf was a major sponsor.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Let us not forget American racing colors are White with blue stripes. Tomy Hamon

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Yes. But Matech is a Swiss team.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I have liked both the black and blue versions that I have seen that you have already used!! :thumbsup

Best of luck in your endeavors this year. :cheers

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Midnight Blue.

AJB

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
I'd say stay with the roots that are closest to home for you: your own blue, or the red.

Just bring home the class win!!

Michael

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I like the flat black, just for intimidation purposes. Dark blue would be a distant second choice but for the same reason. That car should just scare the other drivers off the track.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Yes. But Matech is a Swiss team.

in a US made car. :)

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I think the car will look awesome in any color. I just want them to WIN!!!!!!

:banana:thumbsup

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Matech.jpg

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If it were me... I'd go Red, White and Blue.

But if I were on the Matech team, I think I'd be looking at red and white.