Matech at Le Mans - what colour...

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Just a really quick question that I thought I would ask you....hypothetically speaking...

If you could choose to have the Matech Ford GT1 painted in any colour for Le Mans...what would you choose and why?

Don't just say red because your car is red lol.

This is only a bit of fun.
Regards,
Matech GT1

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Heritage Colors...

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I would at first lean toward historical winning colors to extend the legacy but then retract because there are so many very cool graphic options these days. That would make me consider what looks best in photos and publicity opportunities. We all want the car to stand out in a beautiful, aggressive way.

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I would choose one of the regular colors - probably red or white with Le Mans stripes as they are the most common - so the car would resemble the street versions as closely as possible.

Kicking butt on the racetrack is great, but doing it in a car that resembles a streetversion is priceless .....

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
1966 #1 Ken Miles car colors.

Gentlemen,

If I had the money to sponsor this entire effort, I would paint the car to duplicate the 1966 #1 Shelby car, driven by the late/great Ken Miles and his team mate Lloyd Ruby. The one heartbreak in Ford's amazing four-year string of victories at LeMans, was the victory that was denied Ken Miles as a result of Ford's decision to request the three-car formation finish. Ken had earned and certainly deserved that victory. He would never get another chance as he died in California a couple months later while testing the GT40 Mk IV.

It would be a fitting tribute to a great man, an amazing driver, and a big part of the Ford GT heritage.

Chip

Attachments

• Ford_GT40 Ken Miles.jpg
    Ford_GT40 Ken Miles.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 397
  • Ford_GT40 Ken Miles 2.jpg
    Ford_GT40 Ken Miles 2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 565

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
If you could choose to have the Matech Ford GT1 painted in any colour for Le Mans...what would you choose and why?

Don't just say red because your car is red lol.

This is only a bit of fun.
Regards,
Matech GT1

Not just because my car is red, but is keeping with the '60's Swiss Team that provided GT's to their drivers in this event:
ScuderiaF01.jpeg

ScuderiaF02.jpeg

ScuderiaF03.jpeg

ScuderiaF04.jpeg

ScuderiaF05.jpeg

ScuderiaF06.jpeg

ScuderiaF07.jpeg

But in reality, I think with this new & improved FGT, Matech should go with the colours that best represent their Team. I have yet to see a poor color combination.

Pete S.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I like the current blue color, perhaps "enhanced" with splashes of other bright reds, orange, etc. like the 1960's car Chip referred to.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
God I love the look of those big beautiful fat tires tucked up under those buldging rear fenders.

Oye vey! I'm ferclumpht! LOL

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Matech Racing BLU..........

Go with the color that brought you to this point.........GO BLU

Attachments

• LI2E976811[1].jpg
    LI2E976811[1].jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 293

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Go blue... it has worked so far for you!!! Like Tim's idea by throwing some nice splashes onto it.

Stu

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
GO BLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dance with the one that brung ya!!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Keep it 'Sinister Black'

Attachments

• new_001.jpg
    new_001.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 170

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
RED is my favorite color, but what does the rest of the grid look like?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Go Blue!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Keep the Black with Silver stripes and the Silver (Marc VDS team - but change the stripes to black).

The 2 teams (4 cars) will be the negative of each other.

Both black and Silver have historical value (Black was one of the 1-2-3 and Silver lead the race for a long time) and look cool.

Red in racing is generally associated with the Italian cars.... White is for 911s....

Blue is also good, but it was your GT3 effort.

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Why not have different colors for each car. I thought you guys were running three cars?

I like Chips idea. Paint one car in the format of the former Ken Miles car.

I would paint one car Mark IV red with white stripes as a commeration to the Dan Gurney Mark IV that one LeMans one year.

The third car paint it Gulf colors.
The foruth keep it sinister black with silver stripes

Or...as another choice paint three cars the same scheme as the three FGTs that finished 1,2,3 in 1966. That would be REALLY REALLY cool...and paint the fourth car Mark IV red with white stripes to commerate Dan Gurney's first overall and first in class win at LeMans in the Red Mark IV. Maybe even add a "bubble"!!!

:thumbsup

Last edited:

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Why not have different colors for each car. I thought you guys were running three cars?

I do not think you can. I think the rules for the new FIA GT1 World Championship states that each team can run 2 cars with the same livery (like in F1).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I thought you guys were running three cars?....

I do not think you can. I think the rules for the new FIA GT1 World Championship states that each team can run 2 cars with the same livery (like in F1).

Matech has 2 cars entered and the Belgian Marc VDS Racing Team has also entered one.

Last edited:

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I would have to go with 1970 BOSS 302/2007 SHELBY GT 500 GRABBER ORANGE with black stripes. A FGT with color combo could be spotted anywhere on the track. I would have ordered mine with this color combo had it been available. I currently have a 70 BOSS 302 and an 07 Shelby painted grabber orange.

Attachments

• BOSS 9 greenwood 04.jpg
    BOSS 9 greenwood 04.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
classic Ford colors.....

White with blue stripes