March 2010 Texas Mile signup on January 15th

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
If you are going to run I highly suggest you signup on January 15th (their site states regiatration opens on Jan 15th.). The spots fill up FAST.

texasmile.com

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Chip, Chip.....where are you Chip???

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
We are planning on being there

Steve

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
You rang?

Chip, Chip.....where are you Chip???

I'm right here. When March rolls around, I'll be right there. :cheers

Chip

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'm right here. When March rolls around, I'll be right there. :cheers

Chip

now let's get a few more TT GT's out there and whup up on Soroush.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I think Soroush will give most TT a run for the money!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I think Soroush will give most TT a run for the money!

I agree but he has to first go over 217. :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

I love it, tt cars scared of a little bitty whipple car:wink

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I agree but he has to first go over 217. :biggrin

all Im gana do is go over and run you on side by side:biggrin

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
all Im gana do is go over and run you on side by side:biggrin

game on. :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
From a 50mph roll to 150 my money is on Soroush.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Don't Worry Baby.

Now let's get a few more TT GT's out there and whup up on Soroush.

All I'm gana do is go over and run you on side by side. :biggrin

Game on. :cheers

Gentlemen,

Good natured banter between members on a host of subjects is part of the reason this Forum is such an interesting place. I must admit to a bit of discomfort however, when members challenge each other regarding contests of speed. At my age and in my current state of health, I do not possess the reflexes, skill, or huevos to run heads up with Soroush or Mullet. Every one of our members has a different comfort level, exposure to driver training, and horsepower increasing modifications. As such, we all compete with ourselves and our personal goals. The Ford GT Forum will never be a competitive organization. It is a fraternity and the success of one is the success of all. One of our members lost his life quite recently in a very high horsepower twin turbo Ford GT. During my career as an aerobatic pilot, over 40 of my friends died at the controls of their aircraft when they made a mistake or had a mechanical failure while pushing the limits.

To me, the most tragic accident involved an Air Force Captain (T-38 pilot) who had been goaded by his friends into attempting an inverted flat spin in his brand-new Pitts Special. The result was fatal and the largest price for that mistake was paid by his widow and one-year-old daughter.

Members who achieve spectacular speeds at the Texas Mile can be rightfully proud of that accomplishment. But in the grand scheme of things, a 200 mph T-shirt is only a rag, and our hobby is only a meaningless game in comparison to family and friends. We play with toys that can achieve top speeds 70 mph faster than many light aircraft. At 200 mph you are covering the length of a football field in just over one second. This isn't like a tennis match, this can be deadly serious.

Set your own goals, prepare your own car, enroll in a quality high-performance driving school and hone your own skills, utilize the finest safety equipment, and when the flag finally flies, concentrate on your own performance. When you lay down the very first 230 mph pass in a Ford GT at the mile, we'll be cheering you on and will vicariously share in your success. (Especially if you log a 250 mph pass and knock that Toyota off it's perch).

But I'm going to ask from all of you a favor. Don't goad your friends on this site. Because if you do, and something goes wrong during their run, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Chip

"Well it's been building up inside of me for, oh I don't know how long,
I don't know why but I keep thinking, somethings bound to go wrong....
I guess I should have kept my mouth shut when I start to brag about my car,
But I can't back down now, because I've pushed the other guys too far."

The Beach Boys - 1965

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good advice Chip. As far as I'm concerned, my car is fast enough stock, although I would like to put StormCat's face in the kitty litter.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
When stock, my FGT stock was faster than my brain. I don't know what I was thinking by modded it and adding even more power. It just makes my brain seem smaller. :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Gentlemen,

Good natured banter between members on a host of subjects is part of the reason this Forum is such an interesting place. I must admit to a bit of discomfort however, when members challenge each other regarding contests of speed. At my age and in my current state of health, I do not possess the reflexes, skill, or huevos to run heads up with Soroush or Mullet. Every one of our members has a different comfort level, exposure to driver training, and horsepower increasing modifications. As such, we all compete with ourselves and our personal goals. The Ford GT Forum will never be a competitive organization. It is a fraternity and the success of one is the success of all. One of our members lost his life quite recently in a very high horsepower twin turbo Ford GT. During my career as an aerobatic pilot, over 40 of my friends died at the controls of their aircraft when they made a mistake or had a mechanical failure while pushing the limits.

To me, the most tragic accident involved an Air Force Captain (T-38 pilot) who had been goaded by his friends into attempting an inverted flat spin in his brand-new Pitts Special. The result was fatal and the largest price for that mistake was paid by his widow and one-year-old daughter.

Members who achieve spectacular speeds at the Texas Mile can be rightfully proud of that accomplishment. But in the grand scheme of things, a 200 mph T-shirt is only a rag, and our hobby is only a meaningless game in comparison to family and friends. We play with toys that can achieve top speeds 70 mph faster than many light aircraft. At 200 mph you are covering the length of a football field in just over one second. This isn't like a tennis match, this can be deadly serious.

Set your own goals, prepare your own car, enroll in a quality high-performance driving school and hone your own skills, utilize the finest safety equipment, and when the flag finally flies, concentrate on your own performance. When you lay down the very first 230 mph pass in a Ford GT at the mile, we'll be cheering you on and will vicariously share in your success. (Especially if you log a 250 mph pass and knock that Toyota off it's perch).

But I'm going to ask from all of you a favor. Don't goad your friends on this site. Because if you do, and something goes wrong during their run, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Chip

"Well it's been building up inside of me for, oh I don't know how long,
I don't know why but I keep thinking, somethings bound to go wrong....
I guess I should have kept my mouth shut when I start to brag about my car,
But I can't back down now, because I've pushed the other guys too far."

The Beach Boys - 1965

Chip I agree with you 100% on all points, if anyone knows Jason and I, they know that we are closest of friends and our rivalry which may seem heated on the forum is anything but. :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Money can't buy me love.

Chip I agree with you 100% on all points, if anyone knows Jason and I, they know that we are closest of friends and our rivalry which may seem heated on the forum is anything but. :thumbsup

Cool. :cheers

Soroush,

There is a second component to your 217 mph run at the Texas Mile that impresses me even more than the speed you achieved. Many of our members, including me, do not have enough mechanical knowledge to change our own oil. The only two tools I can competently use are a checkbook and a fountain pen. It's one thing for somebody like to hire a highly trained professional like Jason Heffner to build us a high-performance car. It's an entirely different accomplishment when a member distills his own ideas into a plan, and builds his own car. Your combination of the Whipple in conjunction with nitrous and a brute strong bottom end to handle all the power looks impressive on paper. The ability to perform all that work is even more impressive to those of us who can't. The final result at the mile was most impressive of all.

The Beatles were groundbreaking because they were the first major rock 'n roll artists who insisted on writing almost all of the songs they recorded. They did it all from start to finish and the depth of their talent in so many areas set an entirely new standard.

When we watched your run at the mile we were not just watching your performance behind the wheel at that moment. We were watching your performance from the time you conceived what you were going to do to your GT, your performance during the many long hours and late nights in your garage turning wrenches, and your faith in your own abilities to keep your thumb on that button, and lay it all on the line.........on the single pass you would have before they banned your ass!! :banana :eek :thumbsup It rocked!

I don't care how fast the rest of us go. We're not the Beatles. We are more like the Monkees. We're singing songs that somebody else wrote. That's my take on it.

Chip

Last edited:

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I have three boys and we play this all the time :biggrin

beatles%20rock%20band.jpg

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
edit FOUR BOYS but my youngest is 1 and he just beats everything with the drum sticks :biggrin

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
From a 50mph roll to 150 my money is on Soroush.

I want a piece of this. Got some tricks up my sleeve this time. Hopefully, the car is ready for the March event. :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Cool. :cheers

Soroush,

There is a second component to your 217 mph run at the Texas Mile that impresses me even more than the speed you achieved. Many of our members, including me, do not have enough mechanical knowledge to change our own oil. The only two tools I can competently use are a checkbook and a fountain pen. It's one thing for somebody like me to hire a highly trained professional like Jason Heffner to build me a high-performance car. It's an entirely different accomplishment when a member distills his own ideas into a plan, and builds his own car. Your combination of the Whipple in conjunction with nitrous and a brute strong bottom end to handle all the power looks impressive on paper. The ability to perform all that work is even more impressive to those of us who can't. The final result at the mile was most impressive of all.

The Beatles were groundbreaking because they were the first major rock 'n roll artists who insisted on writing almost all of the songs they recorded. They did it all from start to finish and the depth of their talent in so many areas set an entirely new standard.

When we watched your run at the mile we were not just watching your performance behind the wheel at that moment. We were watching your performance from the time you conceived what you were going to do to your GT, your performance during the many long hours and late nights in your garage turning wrenches, and your faith in your own abilities to keep your thumb on that button, and lay it all on the line.........on the single pass you would have before they banned your ass!! :banana :eek :thumbsup It rocked!

I don't care how fast the rest of us go. We're not the Beatles. We are more like the Monkees. We're singing songs that somebody else wrote. That's my take on it.

Chip

That was a compliment of the highest order, thanks Chip:cheers

however, what we were able to acomplish would have never been possible without the help of many close friends, and in a big way one of the closest friends to me is the fordgtforum and all the members here, now within this group there are certain individuals that were instrumental in our journey(ie shadowman) and ofcourse I have great friends and support locally that were a big part of the build, without everyone coming together it wouldnt have been possible. so I cant take full credit for it. Im glad it worked out the way it did. It was memorable for me and as I have said before, once I saw and felt the reaction and everyones enthusiasm after the run, it made all of the late nights in the garage well worth it and then some.

ps. seeing the car was one of the loudest at the rally,
I was really relieved that it was not all bark and no bite:lol
that would have been embarrassing!:eek