Looking for a low mileage GT

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yeah, Im sure the 2017-2122 GTs don't have paper manuals anymore. But Ford did produce printed manuals for the 05-06 models, which is what I have. They also produced printed manuals for Mustangs and other cars up to 2012, at which point most of them became available on DVDs. I don't know how long the DVD manuals continued, whether they are sill being produced that way, or whether it's all online by subscription now.

That was a longer run for paper manuals than many other manufacturers, who went to online subscription documentation in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Reactions: drilling

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
My car is in an uninsulated garage. And midwest winter just started. Anything I should do? Car has 40 psi tire and fully loaded gas with fuel stabilizer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My car is in an uninsulated garage. And midwest winter just started. Anything I should do? Car has 40 psi tire and fully loaded gas with fuel stabilizer.
Keep it on battery tender.

Start and run up to operating temp once per month. Driving it around the block is best if you can, but move it some to keep tires off flat spots.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Keep it on battery tender.

Start and run up to operating temp once per month. Driving it around the block is best if you can, but move it some to keep tires off flat spots.

You are the best

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mice may be a problem. Set traps. I always leave the front trunk open just in case. No problem in 18 years.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Ditto what Frank said. Kill mice. They are destructive critters that like to chew on leather, vinyl, and other soft materials. See the subwoofer cover that was offered for sale here last week for proof. Mouse piss stinks pungently and takes a long time and lots of cleaning and chemicals to delete if it gets in the upholstery.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Write a sticky on the windshield to reduce tire pressure when you take it out if mothballs... I forgot until the routine pressure check.

Ps. Isn't there a topic on winterizing where this wouldn't get buried as off topic? If not there should be

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Any leather care product i should apply to the seat and upholstery before hibernation?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I just plugged in AGM charger via cigar jack and i hear click click sound (non stop) from the battery. Battery has been dead. Is it normal?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I just plugged in AGM charger via cigar jack and i hear click click sound (non stop) from the battery. Battery has been dead. Is it normal?

I heard click sound for 30 sec and unplugged the charger just in case.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Would it be safer to connect directly vs cigarette jack? My apology for writing too many posts. I do not know how to edit posts.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I disagree with the start it and let it run once a month. I feel the car never really gets truly warm with out being driven (not usually an option in the Northeast winter). Our GT's and other cars, have all parked for the winter (actually a month plus ago). None of these cars will move again until April or May. I do not even "over pressure" the tires. I find that the flat spots work their way out after a few miles of driving. I do use tenders on the GT's. This is what has worked for me over the years.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I disagree with the start it and let it run once a month. I feel the car never really gets truly warm with out being driven (not usually an option in the Northeast winter). Our GT's and other cars, have all parked for the winter (actually a month plus ago). None of these cars will move again until April or May. I do not even "over pressure" the tires. I find that the flat spots work their way out after a few miles of driving. I do use tenders on the GT's. This is what has worked for me over the years.
I leave on the CTEK, from now until April, full tank of gas, and tire pressure of about 50lbs., been doing that with my GT for 10 years no problem, and the NSX for 18 years (first 3 years it was my daily), also no problems. I do not start them during the hibernation.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Mice may be a problem. Set traps. I always leave the front trunk open just in case. No problem in 18 years.
We live in the country and place fresh bounce sheets in several areas when the car sits for the winter.
Just have to remember to get all of them out of the engine compartment in the spring.

Jeff

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
This is what my battery looks like. Does it already have the trickle charger pig tail?

Attachments

• 50459252-6FBC-4991-97A4-281E20FE9DFE.jpeg
    50459252-6FBC-4991-97A4-281E20FE9DFE.jpeg
    655.4 KB · Views: 13

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes … don’t start the vehicle at all till next spring.
Full tank , stabil, tires at 40 psi , and battery tender plugged into cigarette lighter.
Let it sleep till spring.
Been doing this since 2006.
Ajb (andy)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
This is getting too complicated.
Just use the cigarette lighter port
Andy (ajb)

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
This is getting too complicated.
Just use the cigarette lighter port
Andy (ajb)
I want to but the car makes clicking noise like 100 times per min from the battery.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
This is what my battery looks like. Does it already have the trickle charger pig tail?
Yes, it has a charger pigtail. The small wires, and one of them has a fuse in it(the black box). Find the other end and maybe someone can ID what charger you'll need for it.
Clicking from the battery is odd. There's a fuse/relay box under there on the driver side that could cause a sound like that but shouldn't.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Well , that sounds like you need some input from Rich Brooks (GT guy) or Joe Sicoli (Milliken Master GT tech ) or one of our electrical experts here on the Forum .
I have never had that clicking issue.
Andy (Ajb)