License Plates

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
DBK said:
It's actually a Rockford Fosgate, which is really weird. I saw the RF deck at SSV last year and couldn't help but wonder why they would put a head unit made by a manufacturer who predominantly supplies supbar subwoofers to teenagers in the car. In fact, I never even knew Rockford made head units when I first saw it. That says nothing of the quality of the unit, but based on past history, it's hard not to assume.

Anybody know who makes the standard deck now, or if it's still RF?

*did a bit of checking and it appears RF had units made by eclipse and denon, and apparently they were pretty good. Good to know.

I'm not sure who made that unit, but my Ford contacts told me that they had trouble with the original (non McIntosh) head unit, and the original supplier. They didn't go into specifics, but I got the impression that it was a pretty "late in the game" development in relation to the GT's production start last summer (2004). That's why some early buyers were told that if they didn't order the McIntosh unit they'd have to wait longer for their cars. Ford was still finalizing who would supply the unit and what it would be. I think that photograph is an early press shot, when the "other" supplier was still supposed to be providing that "other" head unit.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I wanted the standard unit when I spec'd my car, and was told by the dealer and confirmed on the Blue Oval web site that it would delay my car from being scheduled to be built for an indefinite period. :thumbsdow

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Bony:
Re: "courtesy delivery"
My dealer wanted $800 :bs to deliver my car to my door ( enclosed transport, of coarse) ... a whopping(?) 100 miles or so from said dealer.
'Told him if he looked at the imaginary fine print on my CHECK, he'd note that said delivery was shown as "gratis".
"Gratis" was the final charge.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Personalized Plates

My plate reads BNKRUP

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I'm gonna keep my mouth shut until my plate arrives, but I'll tell you what ..... it'll be worthy of a new avitar.

racegirl

ENZO BTR said:
I've got one on my GT (number 1456, picked it up on August 23rd, blue with all options EXCEPT the upgraded audio system; ask me why sometime...) The plate is the same as my user name:

ENZO BTR

I reserved that plate in California right after I thought of it, in September 2002, so no one else would get it. It's been sitting on my 1970 Plymouth GTX ever since, but when my GT arrived two weeks ago I immediately bolted it on. I'll officially switch it over to the GT through AAA as soon as I can.

haha thats a good one! my dads is F ENZO
only car people get it!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Compilation

Most copied from this forum, some copied from other sources, a few originals. Only two left off this list; the one I'm waiting on and the one that I'll get if my first choice is denied (State of PA BTW). Enjoy!

0260B4U
1 LEMANS
123 IN66
1-2-3 LMS
1FASTGT
2005 GT
205 MPH
2MCHPWR
40 YEARS
4ERIBTR
4LEMANS
550 BHP
550 HP
AM FERIS
AMER FE
AMER IRN
AMER SPD
AM MUSLE
ANTIFER
AWESUM
BEAT IT
BEATS SX
BLU BLUR
BLUBYU
BTMANCR
BTRN SEX
BYE NOW
CARGASM
CIAO 430
CIAOFER
CIAONZO
CRSHAIR
CUZ IKN
DARE YA
DARNFST
DBL TRBL
DONTTRY
DRM CAR
EGO TRIP
EXLR8TN
EZ 200
FANTA C
FAS FWRD
FNFAST
FERIKLR
FERISUK
FERIVEW
FORD GT
FORD TUF
FORDAIR
FST FUN
FSTMOVR
FUN 101
FUN4ME
G TEA
G TEASE
G TEE
GADZOOK
GEE TEA
GEE TEE
GOES 212
GOOD EDU
GOOD TYM
GOZ FAST
GR8 CAR
GRAN TOR
GRAN TRP
GRAN TUR
GRAN TYM
GRN TOUR
GT
GT 1469
GT 40
GT 44
GT FORTY
GT XTC
GT4ME
GT FORTY
GTS ROCK
HANG ON
HEREIGO
HFORDII
HIONSPD
HOLY COW
HOT RIDE
HOT STUF
IM FASTR
ITSTHE1
JKLNHYD
KECH ME
LE MANS
LIFE 101
LIT SPED
LM RACER
LMS WNR
LND RCKT
LOWFLYR
MACH.27
MADE USA
MENMYGT
MGK CRPT
MUSQLAR
NAD TEST
NED4SPD
NEUROTX
NOPT 4IN
NOT 4N
NU GT40
OH YEAH
OUTAHR
PACE CAR
PDL2MDL
PNS CAR
PWR TRIP
QWK ENUF
QWKRNU
RD RCKT
REALLY
ROCNROL
SEE YA
SEEYUL8
SMOKIN
SPEEDEE
T1HS ON
TIM4FUN
TONATRQ
TORQUE
TRAK TOY
TRY ME
U BET
UD LOOZ
UR2SLO
US FERIS
US XOTIC
USA FE
USA PWR
VRY FAST
WANA RAC
WARP DRV
WARP SPD
WHY TRY
WON LMS
WORTH IT
WRLD BTR
WRLD CLS
XS TORQ
XTA C
XTASEA
YESITIS

Last edited:

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
New tag

Expecting my new SC tag andy day. BLT4SPD :thumbsup

rveach

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Stockdale, Ohio
I had so many people asking me what kind of car is that I put Ford GT4 on mine I tried to get Ford GT but it was taken here in ohio

futuregtowner

Sep 16, 2006
SE Arizona
A few I like......

KIT CAR
RLY FAST
GOOO CAR
BB
SPEEEDY
WHT LTNG
TYMLESS
BGBADGT
USA MADE
MADE USA
FORD USA
MDINUSA (MD = made)
MDNAMER
AMRCN MD
CLASSIC
TOOFAST
CRS MISL (Cruise Missle)

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
hehehe ..... you're hitting all around my original my plate, but no cigar. DVM cashed my check which confirms that the combination is available and is being produced.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Try 2FAST4U :thumbsup