License Plates

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
centerpunch said:
You can do anything, and certainly, I've been in cars with 5.25" woofers (and no subwoofer) that still had great bass. Especially in a small car like the GT.

I've got a new set of ADS component speakers (5.25 woofers, 1" tweeters) ready to put in my car when it comes.....

Yeah, that was something else I forgot to metion in my earlier post about a the base system in my GT -- It sounds fine. :thumbsup

Again, many people will say that the sound system comes from the other side of the midgate glass, and everything else is academic. But let's be honest, we all like to have a good sound system in any car we drive, even a killer exotic like the GT. But that's my point, the base system is certainly "good enough" in terms of fidelity. As you noted, the cabin is pretty small -- so massive low frequency output isn't necessary. The "upgraded" subwoofer is complete overkill (besides being expensive, heavy, and space intrusive).

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
tunes

I originally ordered the GT without the upgraded sound system simply because I hardly saw any need for tunes in a car like the GT. The red prototype that I saw at Carlisle did not have that big speaker in the middle between the seats. Later when I saw the big speaker in between the seats I knew I had made a good choice. I subsequently got outbid on my GT at my regular Ford dealer. The GT I got has the Mac in it and obviously I got no choice. My son loves it but I would rather listen to the car. I suppose I am an audio idiot as I can't really tell any quality difference betwewen it and any of the other Ford units I have. The controls are out of the way and a little difficult to see and reach though. That has more to do with the location of the stereo than the unit though. Rumble on!

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
centerpunch said:
It's only natural that dealers ordering a $150K car would order all the options, thinking (quite reasonably) that most buyers of such a car wouldn't want a "stripper."

There's a car on ebay with the standard audio system, I copied the photos from this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4574389417

Hello Everyone.
Just joined the Forum...
Looking to buy a 06 GT...
Haven't decided between Red/ws or the new Tungsten.
(Anxiously waiting for some more Tunsten photos when the cars start arriving.)
I definitely prefer the the standard rims/wheels over the optional rims, but haven't made a decision on the sound system.
Don't particularily care for the subwoofer placement.
Anyone have some pics of the engine wall without the subwoofer (McIntosh option)?
(The pics in the link are no longer available.)
Anyone tried removing their subwoofer yet?
Anyone find a dealer willing to sell an 06 near MSRP?
Great Forum!

Thanks,
Rick

(2002 Viper RT/10 - Red)
(2001 Mercedes SLK - Silver)
(1983 Delorean - Stainless, of course)

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
hi
welcome and congrats on your new gt
my #1451 has new jersey plate "obsssn" (obession)
good luck to you

sam

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
How about "SN" and then your car's SN last four digits

I guess you can't have a plus sign so how about SN and then your SN? In England car collectors pay thousands to buy a significant license number used that relates to their cars.Sometimes you have to pay some guy with a beater ten times the cars price to get the registration number you want, say if he had an old Yugo but with the license plate F40, etc.

or 2nd choice: SARTHE

Not sure what it refers to but I often read of LeMans referred to as
the Sarthe.Maybe it refers to the area

A strictly in thingor 24 Hours spelled in French?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
LeMans references

How about SARTHE
Don't know what it means but insiders refer to LeMans as "the Sarthe circuit"

Or"24 Hours" in French

or just OUI, once a sexy French magazine title
and it answers the question?"Is that a Ford GT?"

In England you would have to pay thousands to buy a license reg. like GT40 if someone already has it and is willing to sell.Sometimes you have to buy some old junker they hung the plate on just to get the reg. plate for your collector car.In America if you are first to the DMV with the numbers you want you get it

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
mine will be

LMNS 123 :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
dumb question, does anybody know what that little box is sitting on top of the owner's manual? :frown I hope it is not another item I didn't get from my dealer?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
dumb question, does anybody know what that little box is sitting on top of the owner's manual? :frown I hope it is not another item I didn't get from my dealer?

Just guessing here...Since the car has the standard radio (which I have never seen) perhaps it has a removable faceplate, and the little box is to hold the face plate? One of my other cars has a removable radio faceplate and it came with a box to store it in that looked like the box in the picture. I dunno... :confused

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have...

I have AWSUM GT coming

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
what can I say?? Curious minds :lol

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
satx said:
mine will be

LMNS 123 :thumbsup

That's a great one. Good thinking!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
ENZO BTR said:
That's a great one. Good thinking!

I better not see one in Louisiana either!!

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Those are good ones. I been thinking of possibilites. Here are a few.

LEMANS66

LE MANS

6 19 66

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have V12 WMD on my Vanquish, sadly, I did not get V8 WMD when I had the chance.....

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
centerpunch said:
Maybe it's just the photographer's sunglasses case?

Here's a photo of the std radio...

Centerpunch,
Thanks for the Pics! :thumbsup
Interesting....Here's a radio from Ford's press-release photos of the production cars on their website.
Anyone seen one of these?...It's different than the McIntosh or the photo of a standard radio above.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/media_popup.asp?id=11&media=PRODUCTION_PHOTO

Attachments

• ph_gt_popup_11.jpg
    ph_gt_popup_11.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 200

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I wonder if that could be an Alpine unit?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's actually a Rockford Fosgate, which is really weird. I saw the RF deck at SSV last year and couldn't help but wonder why they would put a head unit made by a manufacturer who predominantly supplies supbar subwoofers to teenagers in the car. In fact, I never even knew Rockford made head units when I first saw it. That says nothing of the quality of the unit, but based on past history, it's hard not to assume.

Anybody know who makes the standard deck now, or if it's still RF?

*did a bit of checking and it appears RF had units made by eclipse and denon, and apparently they were pretty good. Good to know.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Anything with the word 'Denon' in it is generally regarded as rather good news in hi fi terms here in the UK. Part of Haydon Laboratories and manufacturers of award winning budget equipment as well as serious stuff at the other end of the price scale....

Tom B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 1, 2005
Fallston, MD
Here's a picture of mine:

Attachments

• fordgt 004.jpg
    fordgt 004.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited: