Le Mans 2016 - June 18th and 19th, 2016

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Scooters & bicycles seem to be the way people get around in France. You can rent them!

Ed

That is for you !

img0n1490523.jpg

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That's pretty kool! Love it!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Any extra rooms at the golf Resort?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Ok Saint Ho - I think Awesome GT is thinking about a tandem bike! vélo tandem
Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Wait... That bike looks like you actually have to pedal it... That ain't gonna work.

You can have that one Ed!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The FORD GT FORUM arriving from the hotel, and entering the Le Mans circuit to watch the race.

24-heures-velo.jpg

ob_891491_le-circuit-du-mans-accueille-les-cyclo.jpg

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Dave did say there were a lot of people going!... I'm way up in the front because mine has a motor!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Most people would kill themselves on a fixed-gear bike with no brakes.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Good morning to all.

Following the success of the 2014 FORD GT DAYS at the LE MANS CLASSIC, a number of US owners had indicated their desire to cross the Atlantic with their Ford GT in 2016, and celebrate with us the famous 50th anniversary at Le Mans Classic.

It was a wonderful idea.
I indicated that I would be happy to welcome them in the best way and to manage their accommodations, of course, on completely volunteer basis.

To this end, dice September 2014, I booked for them, and in addition to the needs of Europeans, 27 hotel rooms, privileges locations within the circuit, and tickets for laps on the track, very difficult to obtain.

Since, it seems that most Americans have, at least, change their minds, mainly for two reasons :
- The commitment of 4 Ford GT in the 24-hour race, and the opportunity to celebrate the anniversary as part of the "VIP Party" organized during the race, by Ford and the US Forum.
- Difficulties for the insurance of the cars on the European roads.
**For this unexpected last question, I recall that after several months of effort, I founded the solution to the problem of insurance (see # 114 on «*Le Mans 2016 June 18th and 19th).

To date, only one US owner, unfortunately with a rental car, had reserved in the Le Mans Classic.
I kept my promise by arranging his accommodations and detail of a beautiful journey of discovery of France.
He is welcome, but he is unfortunately the only one.

In a few days, will arrive the limit date to refund the money of the unused reservations, paid to hotel, restaurants and managers of the circuit. Even if I spend with pleasure, a lot of time, money and energy on completely volunteer basis for this organization, I can not accept losing also the money engaged in unused reservations.
So, In a few days, I will cancel them. After, it will be impossible to recover them, the demand being much greater than the supply.

In consequence, thank you to those who wish to join us at Le Mans Classic, to let me know very quickly, at : european.ford.gt.owners.club@gmail.com
They are welcome.

Best regards from France to the USA.

Francis (Saint Ho).

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Got my airline tix. Heading over the 14th. Arrive 15th June. Will get a rent car or van. Staying till Friday 24th.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Checking to see if there is an opportunity to be in the forum group of rooms at the golf course. Didnt see a posting listing it, but have seen people mention it. If not, I'll start the search again for a room.
Thanks,
Bruce

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Checking to see if there is an opportunity to be in the forum group of rooms at the golf course. Didnt see a posting listing it, but have seen people mention it. If not, I'll start the search again for a room.
Thanks,
Bruce

Contact Mrs Flore GIRAULT

flore@destinationcircuit.com

This lady is absolutely charming and speaks English.
Her organization is the best possible for that research, as she is locally known and appreciated by all who offer rooms in the Le Mans région.
Tell her that you are a Ford GT owner from the USA, she will appreciate.

Dont hesitate to take contact with me, in case of problem.
I will do my best to help you.

Best regards from France.

Francis. (Saint Ho).

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Francis,

Thank you very much for the information. Luckily I may have a room with DBK.
Just need to plan transportation for the stay.

Best Regards,

Bruce

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Contact Mrs Flore GIRAULT

flore@destinationcircuit.com

This lady is absolutely charming and speaks English.
Her organization is the best possible for that research, as she is locally known and appreciated by all who offer rooms in the Le Mans région.
Tell her that you are a Ford GT owner from the USA, she will appreciate.

Dont hesitate to take contact with me, in case of problem.
I will do my best to help you.

Best regards from France.

Francis. (Saint Ho).

Hi Francis

I am very much looking forward to our trip! We are staying in a AirBNB location in LeMans - I hope it will be ok!

If nothing else - I'd like to meet you - always great meeting other car guys! Let me buy you a beer (or any beverage(s) of your choice).

I'm not sure if you have a GT, or access to one. I'm very much hoping I can figure out how to get mine to France - and if so, I'd be honored to give you a ride in mine!

Net net, Lets figure out how to at least say hello!

Thanks so much!! Bill. +1 011 612.414.4349

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hi Francis

I am very much looking forward to our trip! We are staying in a AirBNB location in LeMans - I hope it will be ok!

If nothing else - I'd like to meet you - always great meeting other car guys! Let me buy you a beer (or any beverage(s) of your choice).

I'm not sure if you have a GT, or access to one. I'm very much hoping I can figure out how to get mine to France - and if so, I'd be honored to give you a ride in mine!

Net net, Lets figure out how to at least say hello!

Thanks so much!! Bill. +1 011 612.414.4349

Good morning Bill.

I remind you that the solution to ensure your Ford GT in France exists.
I explained it in my post #118.
Have you contacted Denis Poupard, responsable of the Insurance Company that can do it ?

denis.poupard@wanadoo.fr

Have you organise a contact between your US Insurance Company and him ?

Obviously I will be at the Ford VIP Party WITH my Ford GT, and I will have great pleasure to try to speak in English with all, and to drink (reasonably) with you and each.

Best regards.

IMG_0109 - Version 2.jpg

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Actually, good question. I said yes to the resort hotel, but haveb't received any confirmation or request for payment (unless it was includedin the original application?) do I need to do something?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry, busy today. Paid for golf hotel and will send notice to everyone in the next day or two.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Congrats to you and Francesca Dave! Go ahead and take a day....or two!:cheers

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Did baby arive today? If so congrats to you both Dave & Francesca