Last 200 cars producted question?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Is it true that the last 200 cars were all red and shipped to canada? I just bought a 06 Blue no stripes car that is vin 1843 and there was 2045 cars in 05 i think.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, they were varying colors. We were at the plant for Rally I while they were being done. CobraJeff has the info and it is posted here. A search should help find what you need.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I got vin 1858 blue with white stripe

FGT1987

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 5, 2007
Vin# 1987, Red with stripes, Canada

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
There were only 277 cars destined for the Canadian market with approx. 100 being delivered in the spring of 2006 and the balance were delivered in the fall.
Of the last 200 that were built it is plausible that 177+/- were Canadian but they certainly weren't all red.

All cars built after Aug 31 were destined for export as they would not meet the emission requirements for the '07 model year in the U.S. and all colours were available for the export market.

Mine is Tungsten and numbered 2018.

:cheers
Trent

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks guys for clearing that up:)

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I don't think we will ever clear up everything about the GT, and maybe that's what makes it interesting! But thanks to CobraJeff there is a wealth of this kind of information about Ford GTs in the 2008 edition of the "World Registry of Cobras and GT40s" (yes, the modern Ford GT is in there - more than 300 pages are devoted to the GT). http://www.saac.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=11&Itemid=45 I know I keep beating the drum about this book, but it really is an excellent historical reference work. And those of us who got our info to Jeff during its compilation have our names in it, along with a few interesting stories. :thumbsup)

The Registry notes that Ford of Canada originally asked for 200 cars, but later increased it to 277. I could not determine which 277 cars were Canadian spec, but it's clear that some of the last 277 (as well as the last 200) VIN numbers were US market cars. So it seems that VIN order is not an accurate way to determine US or Canadian specification.

Some confusion has always come from the fact that the GTs were built in color batches, and therefore were not necessarily completed in VIN number order. Other factors besides color may have determined build order, but the color batch issue has been covered in other threads on this forum. Owners who have the Certificate of Authenticity package know that the VIN number and build order are usually different. http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...ificate-of-Authenticity-Package-quot-WOW-quot

As good as the Registry is, there is a considerable amount of information that was not supplied by the owners, and so a very large number of cars (particularly the late 06's) have only the VIN and color listed. So the next time CobraJeff asks for info, please give him as much as you can to make any future edition more complete and accurate.

In browsing mostly the last few '06 cars in the Registry, I found the following bits of information which may be of interest. Assuming the information is correct (and that I didn't make any typos), this should cause further questions and confusion!

0157 First Heritage sold to Moose - as in Moose, plural.

1786 Last Heritage sold to Moose (John & Michele, I just couldn't resist!).

1828 Last US spec Heritage by build date (although no build date is given :frown).

1870 Last US spec GT (also a Heritage). A build date of "early August" is noted, and that the car was held at Saleen until August 18 before shipment to Wixom. Believed to go to Edsel Ford's son.

1898 Last Heritage built (no built date given :frown).

2035 Last Heritage by VIN number.

2045 Last GT built; September 22, 2006. Red/White

2047 Last GT VIN number. Blue/White

As always, I welcome any corrections or additional info! :thumbsup

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
producted

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
0157 First Heritage sold to Moose - as in Moose, plural.
Would that be 'mooses' or 'meeces'?

producted
I LOL'd when I saw that too. I thought "Producted? That looks like something I'd do... But I don't remember making this thread" :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
All I know is I will eventually buy a heritage and tungsten; maybe a yellow too if I get really rich

The black is too sinister/evil; I'd feel like the lid of an iron maiden closing the door.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Would that be 'mooses' or 'meeces'?

The plural of moose is moose if you believe Miriam-Webster, and meese if you've been smoking something. :willy I think we should leave to Blue and Lady Moose to tell us what they prefer!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Dick - Can you do the research on Black, No Stripe cars for me? :thumbsup

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
A long time back I was curious about "The Last GT" having just watched the documentary "The Last Stingray". A search can bring on a review. In communication with Fred Goodnow, Probably the man most responsible for getting the car from "let's do this" to "here she is", he sent me some pictures of the last day at the plant at Wixom.

Attachments

• the last GT  DSC00642.jpg
    the last GT DSC00642.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 149
  • lastgtP1010065.jpg
    lastgtP1010065.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 153
  • lastgtP1010060.jpg
    lastgtP1010060.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 148

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Dick - Can you do the research on Black, No Stripe cars for me? :thumbsup

Shane, the first production stripe-delete black cars are (by VIN number) 05's numbers:

0102 (yours)

The last stripe-delete black cars are (by VIN number) 06's numbers:

And hopefully a re-post of these charts will answer most of everyone else's questions:

Attachments

• 2006 Ford GT Paint & Option Matrix - Color.jpg
    2006 Ford GT Paint & Option Matrix - Color.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 2005 Ford GT Paint & Option Matirix - Color.jpg
    2005 Ford GT Paint & Option Matirix - Color.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 144

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
A long time back I was curious about "The Last GT" having just watched the documentary "The Last Stingray". A search can bring on a review. In communication with Fred Goodnow, Probably the man most responsible for getting the car from "let's do this" to "here she is", he sent me some pictures of the last day at the plant at Wixom.

And sure enough, there's 2045 on the windshield!

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
VIN Decoder

Here's something else for inquiring minds...

Attachments

• 2005-2006 Ford GT VIN Decoder.jpg
    2005-2006 Ford GT VIN Decoder.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 139

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wonder who has that car 2045????
Those pictures make you realize how lucky we are. Having been in the right moment of time to get and afford a New Ford GT!
Yup pretty lucky !!As time passes it makes the Gt even more special !!
The plant looked so empty.That must have been kinda depressing.
I would have cried!!!!!
Would love to see more pics!!!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Last 200 GTs

B.M.F. - your car, 6-1843, was definately a US spec car. 6-1870 was the LAST US spec car built - all 2006 Ford GTs with the last four digits of the VIN above 1870 were built to Canadian specs.

roketman - C'mon Ron, anybody who has a SAAC GT Registry knows that 6-1858 isn't a Blue/White stripe car - that's a Black car without racing stripes :biggrin

GT38 - Thanks for the kind words. I am still collecting data and owner info on the GTs. I have collected photos of over 1,000 GTs that I can identify by VIN.

The MAJORITY of the last 200 cars were Red, however, there were cars of each color made in that group of Canadian spec cars. I was in the factory a few weeks after Rally I, and was able to get some pictures of some of those last cars coming down the line. I was in the plant about four times in 2006, and was allowed to take my camera with me a couple times.

Here are a couple charts I made up showing the Option Rates (as percentage of Model Year production):

Rates_%28Large%29.jpg

and another showing the actual number of units that make up those percentages:

Numbers_%28Large%29.jpg

Any new owners (or old ones, too) who have not sent me your info yet - please send the VIN of your car, a picture of the car, your contact info, and a list of modifications to the car. I will check through my data, and see what I have on your car, a picture of it at the plant, or any other interesting info.

regards,

Jeff

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks guys I guess blue no stripes is pretty rare:) Its in pretty rough shape, Like destroyed...990 miles on it, but im going to put it back together over time. Fubar I bought your old car this week too and it will be getn put back together for a guy in the detroit area. Jeff ive also got Vin 0383 2005 that is blk no stripes, but side stripes.

I need to email you one of these days Jeff aswell, what is a good email?

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
The "New Ford GT Registrar at SAAC.Com" works, or you can send to my personal one: "Cobrajeff at AAT dot Net"

Jeff