Kumho Tires

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
In Vegas I talked to Kuhmo's racing rep. They have two tire applications for a direct fitment for our cars. One track tire (slick with a groove) and a wet street tire (european).

Am waiting for more info and possibly a package on the door step. Will post more when I get the info in.

S

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
We'll be waiting !!!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Got a phone call today ... they really have tires!!!! :banana

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
Any more news?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
waiting for delivery. will post after first 100 miles or so. Hopefully they get here before the first snow.

S

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Hey Steve, If the snow makes it there before the tires do I'd be delighted to test those tires for ya! :wink

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
uh huh ... sure you would ... need them mounted on the car too right? :rofl

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
In Vegas I talked to Kuhmo's racing rep. They have two tire applications for a direct fitment for our cars. One track tire (slick with a groove) and a wet street tire (european).

Am waiting for more info and possibly a package on the door step. Will post more when I get the info in.

S

I've used Khumos three times on Kim's BMW and my son's Focus, all very good tires. I have met their race people, and they are passionate about building a great performance brand in the U.S. Let's watch and seel I would love to try the race fitment on one of the GT's as a test.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
As long as the don't have the Eagle F1 "freeze"..... I'll go for a set! :biggrin

Cooler temperature = better SC performance, coupled with hard tires that don't stick means a mess...

Anything below 55 degrees, my FGT won't stick at all!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
As long as the don't have the Eagle F1 "freeze"..... I'll go for a set! :biggrin

Cooler temperature = better SC performance, coupled with hard tires that don't stick means a mess...

Anything below 55 degrees, my FGT won't stick at all!

It was 57* here Friday night .. More HP less grip ..Oh what fun it is !!!:thumbsup

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
waiting for delivery. will post after first 100 miles or so. Hopefully they get here before the first snow.

S

What model Kumho's are these? V710s? Treadwear rating? Exact stock sizes?

Thanks in advance....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

S

Come down here for some warm weather testing !!!!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
not sure what they are yet. Hope they come in soon I almost looped the GT today when I took her out for a stroll. kind of what Fubar said happened. 55 degrees turned into traffic, back end came around and the car tracked sideways. managed to recover but the center partition came uncomfortably close. all at a whopping 35 mph .. most surreal experience I have had in the car. Not much power on ... she just broke loose and slid. I took her home and brought out the 335 and hammered the turn a bit harder .. nada.

I am totally unhappy with the goodyears ... and after today don't think they are safe under 70 degrees.

S

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Steve,
You are killing us... What sizes? What model? Treadwear rating? White sidewalls??? My GT need new shoes soon.... I'm about to pick up the phone and get a set of R6's from Tirerack but I am still hoping someone will come out w/ semi-slicks w/ a treadwear rating of 80 to 100. My first choice would be those Toyo RA1's or R888's. I am running Kumho Ecsta V700's on my Lotus with a treadwear rating of 50 on the street and non-competition autox. These tires are by far the stickiest tires I've used outside of the full on slicks (V710's and A6's). And after 3000 miles the rears are about 1/2 gone and fronts are about 1/3 gone. The only draw back of these tires are the limited size availability.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Sorry guys I had to travel on a personal emergency and missed the shipment via ups (no one here to sign for them). I have them back inbound after UPS intercepted them for me.

Will try to get them mounted when they get here. Doubt I will get to drive on them as we have an ice storm in the forecast for this weekend and it will likely stay cold until after the first of the year. I guess I can get the car on a trailer and take it to Texas for a road test but I have to find some free time to do that.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
.....You know I can do the testing for you right here in sunny Arizona! :wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sorry guys I had to travel on a personal emergency and missed the shipment via ups (no one here to sign for them). I have them back inbound after UPS intercepted them for me.

Will try to get them mounted when they get here. Doubt I will get to drive on them as we have an ice storm in the forecast for this weekend and it will likely stay cold until after the first of the year. I guess I can get the car on a trailer and take it to Texas for a road test but I have to find some free time to do that.

Just send them here !!! I'll give you a complete road test !!!:biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
uhhhhh geeee thanks guys. I pay for them .. you wear them out. Sounds fair. :ack

Thanks for the offers thou .... :bored

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
They are not available to the public, are they?

If not I'd be happy to buy yours them and ship them here. We're down to critical on the stockers and I don't want to waste money on another set of Goodyears.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
They are not available to the public, are they?

If not I'd be happy to buy yours them and ship them here. We're down to critical on the stockers and I don't want to waste money on another set of Goodyears.

no they are not and I think I got the only set in the states. My stock rears are in the same spot yours are. If you can wait a few weeks let me get these figured out and then work it out.

S