Kumho Tires

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
no they are not and I think I got the only set in the states. My stock rears are in the same spot yours are. If you can wait a few weeks let me get these figured out and then work it out.

S

Steve,
Since you have them how about posting the sizes and some profile and tread area photos ??? That may hold us??..:biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Steve,
Since you have them how about posting the sizes and some profile and tread area photos ??? That may hold us??..:biggrin

not here yet ... ups has them on a truck in route. when they land here I will take pics and post.

S

oh yeah .... I am all out of paint. won't get anymore until january.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Suspense is killing me... sizes? treadwear rating? which model is it???? If I don't find out before tonight, for sure I'll be dreaming about it..... :ack

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yep, this GT I just bought needs some new tires. After my last incident I want something beside the Good Years. Let me know where I can order some Steve. I called Kumho but the people I spoke with didn't know anything about them.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
From what I understand, I believe the tire is a ECSTA Supra variant. The rear tire from specs will likely be about 3/4 of an inch shorter in rolling height.

From other limited conversations that I have had post sema. Yokohama also has something in the works that may work and I have heard that Dunlop does also. Nothing official and nothing in their catalogs, just by asking have managed to see what they might have coming to help us out. Kuhmo is kind of the same way but it seems that they might be closer to coming into a "sales" ready application. The best place to start if you want to approach another company other than these is to ask for the head of motorsports development or similar. Those guys know much, much more than the sales guys that only know what is in the catalog.

Sorry to take so long, but I have a couple of personal happenings going on right now and my attention is more focused on those rather than the GT.

Thanks for being patient.

Attachments

• 712.jpg
    712.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
Steve, it has been a couple hours since you last posted...do you have any new news?

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Steve, it has been a couple hours since you last posted...do you have any new news?

:lol

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

you guys are killing me .... :rofl

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Ok, now it's been a couple of Days....:bored

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Ok, now it's been a couple of days......:bored

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Ok, Now it's been a couple of days .........:bored

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ok, Now it's been a couple of days .........:bored

Try a week and a half! :willy

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What day does the Rally start?

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky

Steve592, you've got our attention. Tell us more...and for your own sake, stop giving us ideas.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Funny guys real funny.... :biggrin

Was without power for a week ... yep that icestorm in the midwest got me. Running generators is wonderful ... all you do is check the gas and run for gas.

Internet was down for three more days afterward. Still have people less than a mile from the house without either.

Tires .... will get them mounted sometime in the next week and plan a shake down run to TX before the first dependent on the weather.

the fronts look good. the backs .. I have my doubts. Kyle and I talked about the dunlops at the rally and I am buying a set of those also. Another slicks option should be around from what a little bird told me right after the first of the year.

Am out of town on a short trip before home for christmas and a week with my son. Am taking off work that week ... we WILL do car stuff. So if I have a report I'll post that and pics.

Sorry for the delay ... but life happens.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Funny guys real funny.... :biggrin

Was without power for a week ... yep that icestorm in the midwest got me. Running generators is wonderful ... all you do is check the gas and run for gas.

Internet was down for three more days afterward. Still have people less than a mile from the house without either.

Tires .... will get them mounted sometime in the next week and plan a shake down run to TX before the first dependent on the weather.

the fronts look good. the backs .. I have my doubts. Kyle and I talked about the dunlops at the rally and I am buying a set of those also. Another slicks option should be around from what a little bird told me right after the first of the year.

Am out of town on a short trip before home for christmas and a week with my son. Am taking off work that week ... we WILL do car stuff. So if I have a report I'll post that and pics.

Sorry for the delay ... but life happens.

Whole house generator......

Works great runs on natural gas.... hardly makes any noise & I never know when we loose power....Drives my neighbors & the power company wild:rofl

Last edited:

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
Steve, obviously the weather isn't cooperating. Have you thought about tire chains? I'm sure your GT would look great cutting thru the snow! What a photo op that would be.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Steve,
How about just tie us over with sizes and treadwear rating for now?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What ever happened with these tires?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Kuhmo sent a set of tires that where not the size (inch wise) that they where suppose to be on the spec sheet. Mounted them ... ran fine .. calibration was a bit off on things but traction was good. I ran them for a bit and asked Kuhmo if they intended to make a "gt friendly size". The comment back was ... under advisement.

That is where i left it back at the first of the year and my personal life has over taken most of my free time on that subject. I plan to talk to them again at SEMA this year.

S