Just ordered my new 2014 GT3

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Congrats!

With all the bad backs, knees, ankles...U'll be cruising while many geezers here are icing

pvgtX2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 16, 2012
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Doesn’t matter what you think or what you say it’s truly an awesome car!

I think all of us agree on that!! I just saw this on Rennlist and thought the jab at ferrari owners was funny. I have two porsches and honestly can't wait to get my hands on a GT3…..

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I totally agree with you Ron. I'm so old school and I want to work both feet and my right hand in unison. Then last year I drove a 458 Italia through Italy and absolutely loved it. Until then I poo pood the new trannies. They are awesome. Different to be sure, but awesome nonetheless.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
My neighbor took delivery on his GT3 about 1 month ago, he drove it until the "fire" recall, the dealer took it back and gave him a Cayenne to drive in the meantime, according to the dealer no fix has been determined. He is a long time road racer and has raced, Formula Ford, Formula Atlantic, Sports 2000 and the professional Ford 2000 series, he said that the PDK is so good he would never order a manual
transmission car again. He initially had doubts about having an automatic shifting box, because all of his race cars have been manuals as well as his street cars.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Firstly congratulations on your purchase of the GT3! Probably the car I'd own ( and drive often) or the GT3 RS if not for the Ford GT.

Earlier this year my brother in law left this at my place overnight and was to pick it up later the next day. The next morning as she was in need of a wash and i felt like feelin her up :eek :biggrin:lol i went to it. Soon after completing the wash my brother in law called yet again to extend an invitation for me to take her out for as long as i wanted and to see what i thought. ( he wasn't coming by for another few hours ) .

It was a beautiful day and told my wife i'd be out for a ride as per the offer. I had atleast an hour and a half available to me and looked forward to driving this PDK ( twin clutch) classic and a cabriolet at that. As i have previously owned 2 911's albiet a 1976 911S and a 1982 Turbo ( atleast drove it very often like I owned it -another story ) i believe I have more than a fondness for the iconic model and brand.
To make a long story short i was back home after about only 30 minutes. When I walked into the house my wife asked me what had I forgotten - knowing an opportunity like i had been given I'd normally be taking advantage of. To my dismay and her surprise i replied " nothing ... Believe it or not the car is so boring".:sleep:

In this particular situation i'm making more of a statement about the twin ctulch transmission coupled with a " soft " boulevard cruiser which IMHO needed spark and pizzaz and that a manual gearbox would have helped in that department - big time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 133

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Terry, you missed the point - you forgot her on the drive.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
... Frank... I can't tell my wife everything... :leaving::biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Terry ,
Nice cruiser!