Jason's Auto Spa Recent Details / Updates

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason, we have two owners living in Vegas, Bart Carter and Gordon Wolf. You might PM them to see what's available. They don't post much.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to see if AlohaGT can help, otherwise I will try to track those two gentlemen down.

AlohaGT, PM on the way :cheers

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

Jason, I've long considered myseft as being quite experienced and knowledgeable at car detailing, but I have to say, your site has given me some great tips.

Terrific work!

Btw, I'm looking forward to receiving the foam gun and mitt I ordered today.

Thanks again!

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Bill,

Feel free to drop me a line if you ever have questions with detailing your own rides. Thank you for your order and it will be shipped out first thing tomorrow morning :thumbsup

Jason

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We had a beautiful Sunday in east Texas today so I decided to try Jason's foam gun for the first time. It's really a quality piece of equipment and well designed. I've been using the Mr. Clean Autodry system to wash my cars for the last couple of years so I tried the soap that comes with that kit in Jason's gun. It worked just fine but I think I'll buy some of the Turtle Wax soap he recommends next time.

The amount of suds this thing generates is impressive. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
We had a beautiful Sunday in east Texas today so I decided to try Jason's foam gun for the first time. It's really a quality piece of equipment and well designed. I've been using the Mr. Clean Autodry system to wash my cars for the last couple of years so I tried the soap that comes with that kit in Jason's gun. It worked just fine but I think I'll buy some of the Turtle Wax soap he recommends next time.

The amount of suds this thing generates is impressive. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Glad to hear it, Keith :cheers

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Well I'm here in Scottsdale and things aren't going too well right now. The airline misplaced one of my bags - One with my dremel tool, a ton of accessories and polishing bits, sandpaper, foam buffing pads, and my CAMERA and some other misc. cleaners :frown I drove to Chandler to borrow my brother's camera for now. I am going to call a distributor in California tomorrow to have them overnight more brand new foam buffing pads. I needed the Dremel and tools for Sunday, so I hope it turns up soon. Plus my camera... :thumbsdow

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
if there is anything i can do to help you Jason let me know. it only takes me 1 hour to get to the Phoenix area from Tucson in my GT.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
if there is anything i can do to help you Jason let me know. it only takes me 1 hour to get to the Phoenix area from Tucson in my GT.
You're top-notch Fred, thank you very much. I will keep that in mind.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Found my bag...it never left Chicago. For reasons unknown, atleast it is safe, and I need to claim it when I get back. Although glad my camera was safe, it didn't stop me from ordering a DSLR today :wink My camera was a couple years old and I figured it would be a good investment to get a camera that can interchange lenses and accessories rather than buying a new one every few years to keep up. This new DSLR will finally speak for the shines on some of these vehicles and I'll need to modify that hideous watermark of mine to show them off.

I've had a great time detailing here so far and I have three motorcycles tomorrow to take care of. :thumbsup Anyone locally that has some bikes that need detailing, I have time and space for those my last few days of the trip.

Info Here:

http://jasonsautospa.com/packages.html#cycle

If you have more than one motorcycle to be detailed, I am only charging the $12.00 for the Zaino clay bar for the first bike. Each bike thereafter will not be charged a clay bar as I can easily and safely knead and reuse the same clay bar. If you insist a new clay bar for each bike, I have enough with me, and that can be done too.

And to think on Friday I am going back to a cold, windy, stormy, and snowing Chicago. What am I crazy :willy

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
A question for you Jason

Hi Jason,

Here's my question.

I use the clay bar a lot. It makes the painted surface glass smooth, and then the polish, wax or whatever, (I use all Zaino products after the clay) goes on so easily, and wipes off to a perfect shine and smooth surface.

But, here's my question. How do you know when your clay bar is no longer useful, or even more importantly, when it could actually start doing some damage, like some fine scratches. Seems like if you kneed it frequently, that may help preserve it for quite some time.

I get in a habit of throwing the clay bar away, and pulling out a new one, but I'm thinking I'm probably doing the "throw away" way too often.

On the various forums I follow, (I read way too many, :lol, too many cars), it seems like most say throw it away at the slightest bit of contamination, or even a minor drop, even if on a clean surface.

I must have 10 pounds of this stuff that is now called "used", and, at 12-16 bucks every time, I'm wondering if I'm being way too conservative.

Give me your detailed read on this!

Tnx,

Bill

(I know I've already said this, but your products are great and thanks for the quick delivery)

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Bill,

I throw away every clay bar after each use and purchase a new one. I must have gone through a hundred so far, easily. Using a clay bar more than once will open the risk to scratching and surface marring. The only exception to that is if the surface contamination that the clay bar normally picks up is very light to non-existant, the clay can be kneaded and used again another time. As for preserving it, I really don't know because I've never kept one :wink I hear things like putting clay lube in a ziploc bag along with the clay and you'll be good. But like you, I toss 'em every time.

As for how you know when one is no good: You'll always want to start on the hood, roof, and trunk. Then move to the fenders, doors, etc.. and last the quarter panels and rocker panels. If you notice that you are picking up large contaminants like sand and dirt, first remind yourself to wash better, then toss the bar and inspect the area closely for scratches. If your bar is looking like a charcoal briquette, knead it over and as long as there is no black or rough contamination on that side - you are good to go. It never hurts to spray your hands with clay lube and inspect the bar at any time either. Look closely and if you see something embedded you do not like, you can pick it out with your finger nail and continue on. Knead it over and look for more contaminants just in case.

The most important rule of thumb to consider is that the clay bar, namely Z-18, costs something like $18.00 for two bars. For $9.00, would you risk surface marring - or - toss the clay bar and use a fresh one without worrying about risk. To me, I'd toss the clay bar and feel better not having to worry. :thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Bill,

I throw away every clay bar after each use and purchase a new one. I must have gone through a hundred so far, easily. Using a clay bar more than once will open the risk to scratching and surface marring. The only exception to that is if the surface contamination that the clay bar normally picks up is very light to non-existant, the clay can be kneaded and used again another time. As for preserving it, I really don't know because I've never kept one :wink I hear things like putting clay lube in a ziploc bag along with the clay and you'll be good. But like you, I toss 'em every time.

As for how you know when one is no good: You'll always want to start on the hood, roof, and trunk. Then move to the fenders, doors, etc.. and last the quarter panels and rocker panels. If you notice that you are picking up large contaminants like sand and dirt, first remind yourself to wash better, then toss the bar and inspect the area closely for scratches. If your bar is looking like a charcoal briquette, knead it over and as long as there is no black or rough contamination on that side - you are good to go. It never hurts to spray your hands with clay lube and inspect the bar at any time either. Look closely and if you see something embedded you do not like, you can pick it out with your finger nail and continue on. Knead it over and look for more contaminants just in case.

The most important rule of thumb to consider is that the clay bar, namely Z-18, costs something like $18.00 for two bars. For $9.00, would you risk surface marring - or - toss the clay bar and use a fresh one without worrying about risk. To me, I'd toss the clay bar and feel better not having to worry. :thumbsup

i appreciate your attention to detail :thumbsup

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Arizona Detailing Trip 2008 (#1)
January 10th-18th, 2008

Pictures are online!

http://jasonsautospa.com/arizona08/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Jason who's Harley is that in the reflection? Now dont tell me you detailed another one. :rofl

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason who's Harley is that in the reflection? Now dont tell me you detailed another one. :rofl
I'll get yours in May :wink

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Here are some before and after pictures of Nathan's (gtinmyblood) GT. There was an area near on the roof in between the door and windshield that had some very small but well populated scratches. It was isolated and there was nothing like it anywhere else on the GT.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

We were not sure where it came from, but it is a possibility if you grab on to this area to get in or out of your FGT.

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! :biggrin:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Nice work Jason, like looking at FGT's... :)

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Nice work Jason, like looking at FGT's... :)
Sure beats those BMW 3 series, doesn't it? :wink

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! Maryland! :biggrin:biggrin
:rofl:rofl:rofl