It's official

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
fjpikul said:
Piccola, are you implying you're not the pick of the litter?

uhm... I think we've strayed off topic... :wink

Dave, getting back into running is a great idea! First week back is always the worst! :ack Good luck to you!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Somebody has to throw MJ a net.....

so.... I see a new "class" on this site!

"the eat what you want and bop till you drop group"

I counted Bony, Neilda and me so far!!!

Keep going Dave and try to do something different when your're jogging - smile! :biggrin

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I am proud of you guys. 5 minute miles running is very fast!! I am an obssessed fitness nut...I had a choice between watching the Italian GP and a rally with the GT on Sunday....instead I went for a 60 mile bike ride with a local bike club. Yes, I do love my GT but not more than my fitness habit. I have been lifting weights, running, and cycling regularly for so long that it is like eating or sleeping in my schedule. Good news is that you can start back at any age and reap the benefits.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I took 55 seconds off today and only felt marginally worse :lol I'll go the same tomorrow, then really start bringing the pain this weekend. Running is just one of those mental obstacles for me. I get bored and start getting tired. I may attach a beer to a stick and hang it in front of me.

You're crazy Cyclenirvana! I'd love to do more biking, but we don't have that great scenery you guys have.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yesterday, as part of my regime, I visited Langhams Brasserie in London. We dined on Rillettes of veal to begin, moved into entrecote and rounded off with creme brulee. As part of this workout we had a fine bottle of margaux.

I managed a short walk to my waiting taxi.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
Yesterday, as part of my regime, I visited Langhams Brasserie in London. We dined on Rillettes of veal to begin, moved into entrecote and rounded off with creme brulee. As part of this workout we had a fine bottle of margaux.

I managed a short walk to my waiting taxi.

somehow, I figured you for a Cote Nuit sort of chap :biggrin or maybe a Penfolds Grange?

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Dave, w/you in mind, I went for a 3 1/2 mile run this AM. No one to go with, so I brought my clip-on walkman to keep my company & sang along. Please note that singing while running is significantly more challenging than talking (my lungs protested after only 2 songs), plus the walkman jumps a bit. It also makes you want to dance w/the beat (hard to maintain good form that way :wink ). On the up side, the popular "strip" to run through in Lake Mary had a couple of REALLY nice-looking topless guys. I may consider running daily! :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Neilda's delight

bony said:
somehow, I figured you for a Cote Nuit sort of chap :biggrin or maybe a Penfolds Grange?
Bony,
no, no, no no... Neil definitely prefers Chateau Margaux, Chevallier Blanc or on occasions maybe an Opus one... :lol

I'm the cheap guy, that would take a Pavillion Rouge instead.. :rofl ..to save for the big whipple

:cheers

Stefan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
Bony,
no, no, no no... Neil definitely prefers Chateau Margaux, Chevallier Blanc or on occasions maybe an Opus one... :lol

I'm the cheap guy, that would take a Pavillion Rouge instead.. :rofl ..to save for the big whipple

:cheers

Stefan

Yeah, I am into Pinot Noir, a little LaTache, Richebourg, Vosne Romanee, Romanee Conti enhances my cheeseburger. If I am doing something light like omelet a Chardonnay such as Le Montrachet brings out the best of the eggs.

Meanwhile, I am annoyed with Dustin Whipple, ... his communications stink.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
bony said:
Meanwhile, I am annoyed with Dustin Whipple, ... his communications stink.

:willyWonder how many kits he'd sell if he advertised on here...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You are correct Dave. He needs to sign up and support the site. No other way to effectively get the word out.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just called my trainer and cancelled my appointment... going out to Kingsburg tomorrow for a breakfast meeting... they always serve Swedish pancakes...yummy! :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
You are correct Dave. He needs to sign up and support the site. No other way to effectively get the word out.
amen, if he wants to buy back my Heffner pulley and the tune I am ready to try a big blower...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
bony said:
amen, if he wants to buy back my Heffner pulley and the tune I am ready to try a big blower...
how much you got out of yours now ? If prefer, PM me, Daniello...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
how much you got out of yours now ? If prefer, PM me, Daniello...

Stefan, no idea, never was on a dyno before or afterwards. Runs like a raped ape... Every dyno reads differently, only gives an indication when you do a before and afterwards in a very short time frame.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
A mile in 5 minutes?

For Pete's sake, get it outa first gear people. You spent $170k, I'd think you could pull a mile in around 30 seconds.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Fubar said:
A mile in 5 minutes?

For Pete's sake, get it outa first gear people. You spent $170k, I'd think you could pull a mile in around 30 seconds.

Glad you said it first, I was wondering what was wrong with their GT's :banana

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
bony said:
Stefan, no idea, never was on a dyno before or afterwards. Runs like a raped ape... Every dyno reads differently, only gives an indication when you do a before and afterwards in a very short time frame.
No custom tune ? Well, if it runs like a raped ape (know how that is) you all good, buddy !
But I'd still do a custom tune if you can, also to get the A/F ratio optimized...

cheers
stefan

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Now I remember why I work out, after 45 minutes of working out I feel pretty mother-f-ing good. Tired, but there's not many substitutes for the chemically induced rush your body gives you when it's been pushed. :banana

Whipple is in. Should be a supporting vendor in a matter of days. Hopefully I can work some of that GT facilitating magic and get those big 3.3's on some cars...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats Dave. Money invested well by Whipple.