It's official

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm totally out of shape (all relative). Last year I decided to go crazy on cardio workouts and get in the best shape I'd ever been in, and I probably was. I could run a mile in about 5-5:30 going ballistic and was running 4-5 miles a day 3-4 times a week. That was last spring.

Fast forward to today. I haven't ran, worked out, anything in months. I blame it on the internet, work, and Ford GT's. I just ran (and I hesitate to use the word "ran") an 8:45 mile and I think my lung is actually going to incinerate itself. :ack

Operation Quit Being Such A Lazy Ass has officially commenced.

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Preaching to the choir

I'm in.... Should we start a challenge?

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I run about 3-4 times a week as well. Therein end the similarities. The difference is there never were any 5 minute miles in this body nor will there ever be. I'm just trying to do the 8-minute miles! :ack

Dave, good luck with the program!! Also, the 9/11 logos look great today!!!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DBK said:
I'm totally out of shape (all relative). Last year I decided to go crazy on cardio workouts and get in the best shape I'd ever been in, and I probably was. I could run a mile in about 5-5:30 going ballistic and was running 4-5 miles a day 3-4 times a week. That was last spring.

Fast forward to today. I haven't ran, worked out, anything in months. I blame it on the internet, work, and Ford GT's. I just ran (and I hesitate to use the word "ran") an 8:45 mile and I think my lung is actually going to incinerate itself. :ack

Operation Quit Being Such A Lazy Ass has officially commenced.

It only gets worse Dave. There was a time when I could run a marathon at a 7 minute pace. Now I couldn't run 7 miles at a 26.2 minute pace.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Florida Chris said:
It only gets worse Dave. There was a time when I could run a marathon at a 7 minute pace. Now I couldn't run 7 miles at a 26.2 minute pace.

My sister lives in the high altitudes of SLC & can run marathons in under 7 min/mile. The worst part is, she looks like a model as she crosses the finish line! :mad Every time I go visit her we have a full "aerobic itinerary". The last one involved a long climb up a mountain (which was a lot of fun), but then we had to put on our running shoes, go for a "casual" 8 mile run, & then climb back down. :bored She wonders why I never visit anymore... Perhaps I should get on the Dave training program just in case I get the courage to go see her again... :biggrin

Or... what about a new type of triathlon. Start off w/a 5K run, followed by 50 miles of winding scenic roads in the GT, and finish it off with an intense round of wild sex (extra points for creativity). :banana I would prefer training for the endurance event over the sprint... :cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hell,

Between work, stress, work, the wife, work and now the GT....

I haven't ran (except through the airport), lifted weights (outside of a 12 oz.) and worse - adding the fact that having dinners on the road while traveling through North America and Europe can really screw up your body clock causing a sleep pattern that is impossible for you to stay still for more than 3 hrs....

DBK - don't give up yet.. If you do know it will only get worse as time goes on!

Maybe I should make an attempt to start an excercise program again (reading my post above I sound pathetic).......

Naaaaaah, I'll wait till next year :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Staying in shape is vital to me.
I work out with my trainer twice a week.
See my bartender daily.
Visit cold stone creamery weekly.
Engage is 90 minute sprint sex regularly and hope to enter
a three hour sex enduro shortly.
Got to go, the pizza delivery man is at the door.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Are you entering with Bouncy? :lol

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
piccola said:
Or... what about a new type of triathlon. Start off w/a 5K run, followed by 50 miles of winding scenic roads in the GT, and finish it off with an intense round of wild sex (extra points for creativity). :banana I would prefer training for the endurance event over the sprint... :cheers

And which one of these proposed events is the endurance event pray tell?

...and you still think it was just the jacket, huh?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:
Are you entering with Bouncy? :lol

Chris and Stefan ruined her for me, she just hasn't been the same.
Hey Chris, I have that boot you lost... :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:

Damn, that jacket is not available in XXXXL

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Florida Chris said:

hey now! I think everyone here would agree that it's a great physical activity, burns lots of calories, & isn't as hard on the knees as running...well the first 2 are true. :lol

jimfro

GT Owner
Jun 20, 2006
Sebring, Florida
Sex & exercise

Just remember sex is not exercise its return on investment!!!

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
jimfro said:
Just remember sex is not exercise its return on investment!!!

:lol

And that investment follows the law of diminishing returns...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Something in the air?

Up until 3 years ago I ran every day. It was working out so well for me I quit. Until this morning. I got up, put on my running shorts (they seemed to have shrunk up a bit) and went out and ran 2 miles. Yeah baby, and now I read DBK's post about doing the same thing. Pretty cosmic eh. As for that 'other' exercise, when I first met V, she was just using me for sex. But then slowly, gradually, bit by bit, she finally started to like me for my money too.

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ChipBeck said:
Up until 3 years ago I ran every day. It was working out so well for me I quit. Until this morning. I got up, put on my running shorts (they seemed to have shrunk up a bit) and went out and ran 2 miles. Yeah baby, and now I read DBK's post about doing the same thing. Pretty cosmic eh. As for that 'other' exercise, when I first met V, she was just using me for sex. But then slowly, gradually, bit by bit, she finally started to like me for my money too.

Chip

I thought V picked you because you are a master of the dance floor. :biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
We all know that Chip can "pick" up chicks- there's pictures to prove that at Camillo's :cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
MAD IN NC said:
We all know that Chip can "pick" up chicks- there's pictures to prove that at Camillo's :cheers

Yes, but anyone see her trrrrrrrying to pick him up...........

Sorry Chip, couldn't resist an easy one :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Not even my nose runs - so I'm rather unfit, but given the right motivation.....

Piccola, I like the sound of your sister!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Piccola, are you implying you're not the pick of the litter?