interesting stories from rally III

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
This thread should be "interesting stories of your encounters with Leo's while in Las Vegas":lol

While I was a passenger with Soroush during that now famous rally pull over.

I also have a story about a Leo.:frown

On Thursday morning I take Rocketman (Ron) as a passenger to visit SAI. After SAI everyone leaves to do the first road rally. A few of us were starving, so we go to get a bite to eat at Shelby's café. The main group of cars (about 40 cars) took off with out us (about 4 cars). After we finish eating, I offer Ron to drive my car seeing that he left his gal at home.

The ride was about 100 miles so we agreed that we would split the ride 50/50 driving. Ron was having too much fun and I was enjoying his driving. Ron drove for about 70 miles.

Now it is my turn. I get in the car drive for about 3 minutes before coming over hill to see a Leo at the bottom. I slam on the brakes (a complete nose dive). The Leo pulls out behind me and follows me for about 25 miles going 35 mph. He finally passes as we approach the highway.

It was a very nice scenic slow drive.:willy

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
This thread should be "interesting stories of your encounters with Leo's while in Las Vegas":lol

While I was a passenger with Soroush during that now famous rally pull over.

I also have a story about a Leo.:frown

On Thursday morning I take Rocketman (Ron) as a passenger to visit SAI. After SAI everyone leaves to do the first road rally. A few of us were starving, so we go to get a bite to eat at Shelby's café. The main group of cars (about 40 cars) took off with out us (about 4 cars). After we finish eating, I offer Ron to drive my car seeing that he left his gal at home.

The ride was about 100 miles so we agreed that we would split the ride 50/50 driving. Ron was having too much fun and I was enjoying his driving. Ron drove for about 70 miles.

Now it is my turn. I get in the car drive for about 3 minutes before coming over hill to see a Leo at the bottom. I slam on the brakes (a complete nose dive). The Leo pulls out behind me and follows me for about 25 miles going 35 mph. He finally passes as we approach the highway.

It was a very nice scenic slow drive.:willy

What was the speed limit?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The Leo pulls out behind me and follows me for about 25 miles going 35 mph. He finally passes as we approach the highway.

That was you? We were in the first GT that caught your rolling roadblock. A group of three GTs almost blew by us but decided against it when they saw your "friend" glued to your bumper. Talk about a buzz kill.

Best Regards,
Waldo

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
They drive 250 to 300kph in the left lane while a stream of slow traffic is in the right lane. (the A8 stayed at 275kph most of the way)

Sorry for the byline hijack

Yes, they have some good drivers in Germany! In the US someone would pull out from the right lane and it would be the EOYL!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Chris ,
As previously stated ,I had a great drive thru the mountains .
Thank you ,Your new best buddy !!!!
ps I owe you one !!

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
:cheersWonderful time with great people! My son and I made a safe (and no tickets ) 20 hour trip to Seattle. Justin time for work. Thank you all for great time:banana Jim and Ryan

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush,
You can beat that ticket !! Appeal it !!
The down side is you will have to go back to Nevada to Appear at the hearing !!!!

Downside? :biggrin I see that as an Up side:lol but I need you and moody, waldo, dave , ed,pshyco, roy, torrie, etc... all to be there,,,, , you know for moral support.:lol

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush:

That story is worth about $75.

Great time :)

I think the court date coincides with sema:biggrin what do say chris:biggrin

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Downside? :biggrin I see that as an Up side:lol but I need you and moody, waldo, dave , ed,pshyco, roy, torrie, etc... all to be there,,,, , you know for moral support.:lol

I'm there! Maybe I can get one of the squadrons to give me a jet. I could make it to Nellis in 45 minutes. :usa

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I think the court date coincides with sema:biggrin what do say chris:biggrin

Soroush.... I'm in on the appeal.... let us know!!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush.... I'm in on the appeal.... let us know!!!!

Tim Im going to appeal it but the appeal is going to be in Houston.:biggrin as a matter of fact were going to have an appeal party soon I will make sure you get the details:biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Soroush ,
I'm there for you buddy !!! Moody too !!!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Who's got contacts for lawyers in Ozona and El paso, TX ? That's where my speed control acted up on its own :lol

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Sorry Torrie... I meant to get you those names... I will get them for you Monday :cheers

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Sorry Torrie... I meant to get you those names... I will get them for you Monday :cheers

TY